All member reviews for Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole

Kid, 12 years old April 13, 2011

this movie is awesome!
Kid, 12 years old September 26, 2010

a bit violent

It was inspiring, but a bit violent for a kids movie. If you make the owls humans a not animated it would be rated R.
Kid, 12 years old October 3, 2013

not for everyone a bit too violent

I liked the movie but the plot was not like the book's in the least and my 7 year old brother had trouble understanding the plot and the akidna scared him.
Teen, 13 years old Written byFezesAreCool December 20, 2012

Amazing movie, epic action and battle sequences, 10+

This movie was really, really good. I watched it with my parents and brother last night. I loved the battle sequences, they featured slow motion a lot, they were very impressive but also very intense. It was fine for me because I'm 13 and have played games like Mass Effect and watched films like Casino Royale (the 2006 one not the really old one) but kids younger than 10 might find it a bit intense or violent. PARENT WARNING: There is one scene where although it isn't shown at all graphically, it is implied that an owl is impaled on a burning stick.
Kid, 12 years old August 1, 2012

good movie :D

oh please i'm 10 and i think i can handle these kinds of movies.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAbe1998 December 23, 2011

Not true to the books at all, but good otherwise.

KILLER special fx, but if you've read the books, you might be disappointed. Not true to the books (personally, even thought I've read the books, I still enjoy the movie, despite the major differences). Some parts might be scary for younger kids. My sister cried at the beginning when a tasmanian devil attacked two owls. He had sharp teeth, and would be a scene I would skip for kids 7 years and younger. 8 year-olds could handle it I think. Good voice acting, no blood, awesome special effects. Pretty different from the books, which sort of disappoints me, but it's still really good.
Kid, 11 years old July 23, 2011

Awesome!!!

the best movie based on a book!
Kid, 12 years old June 7, 2011

The best movie in the world!!!

This movie is the best! Very interesting and exciting. Characters are cool! Legend of the Guardians rock! Good plot, soundtrack, and events. In my opinion, many of you'll people should just forget the violence, and watch this great movie!
Kid, 10 years old March 29, 2011

Very Very good movie!

The Guardians of ga'hoole rock!
Kid, 12 years old September 24, 2010

the fighting is kinda scary, but only for the moment

well, my mom rated it for thirteen and up, witch makes me too young (it didn't bother me at all, so that's quite *mom like*). she said i won't be seeing it again. shoot. anyway, there is quite a bit of violence, with plenty of slow-mo shots that give you even more detail on top of the already stunning graphics. but the movie is worth watching, and will inspire one who is not scared out of their wits by the battles.
Teen, 16 years old Written byHenva November 15, 2014

300 with owls

This movie is a meal for the eyes. The animation stunning, the music is mezmorising and the scenes are intense. The film is a very dark, despite the front cover. I felt my heart drop in the battle scenes. One of kind movie. The film has a few sexual references and even though you don't see blood their's a lot of breaking bones and dislocations.
Kid, 10 years old September 21, 2014

Guardians of Ga'hoole

I'm absolutely the #1 fan of this movie. I've asked around in my school and everyone who's watched it says it's the best movie ever! Some kids, including me, want them to make a second movie. I STRONGLY RECOMEND!
Kid, 12 years old April 19, 2014

READ THE BOOK!!!!! grrrrr (if older then 10)

o.k so i had read the book and I LOVED it!!! so i go and see the movie and see that they have ABSOLUTELY ruined it. i'm just slightly worried about 8yr olds who watched the movie going to read the book as the book is quite violent as it has olds being torn apart etc. DO NOT WATCH IF YOU READ THE BOOKS IT WILL DRIVE YOU INSANE!!!!!! sorry if you find this bias but seriously, Twilight a poet you have got to be kidding me.
Kid, 9 years old October 20, 2013

It has its Pros and Cons

The movie was good, but not accurate. I thought that the animation was nice, but the plot would be difficult for small children to understand. There was alot of violence, but Soren was a great role model.
Kid, 7 years old October 6, 2013

cool movie 6+

very good 6+
Kid, 8 years old March 24, 2013

cool crap!

this is cool crap!
Teen, 16 years old Written byromneysgirlfriend October 29, 2012

Don't Waste Your Time

This movie is boring, and the animation is just weird. I watched this with my dad, and it was dumb. The plot is retarted, and it's very easy to predict what is coming next. But it does have an awesome themesong. Don't bother with the videogame either, because I used to have it, and it's really hard on your eyes. But it is decent for ages 10+ I'd say.
Kid, 12 years old January 22, 2012

Disappointing

I'm a huge fan of the books. When I heard a movie was coming out, based on the Guardians of Ga'Hoole books, I was nearly skipping with excitement. As an avid bird-watcher and a lover of birds I began counting down the days for the movie's arrival. When the trailer arrived I watched it, and my excitement grew. It looked as though they hadn't turned the movie into a cute story about owls; it looked intense, and I loved movies like that. Not long after the long-awaited movie came out; I went and watched it... It was a huge disappointment. Yes, they didn't take the violence out of it. But they had changed it. First, I'm going to talk about the plot. The plot was similar to the books - The Pure Ones were the enemies, the Guardians of Ga'hoole were the heroes - but, unlike the books, the plot didn't flow. A flowing plot means the movie/book easily falls into place; this one didn't. If you hadn't read the books then you wouldn't understand the movie. I know that even in some scenes I was utterly baffled - why was there a random echidna added to the movie? How could the echidna 'see into the future?' There were many questions left unanswered, and I'm sure many were confused. The effects were dazzling, there's no doubt about that. However, loads of effects don't make a good movie. A good, flowing plot and fleshed out characters does. I also got confused when the owls were fighting. Who were the good guys - and who were the bad? Everything moved so fast it was hard to keep up, and when the movie ended I silently vowed to stick to my beloved books. My mother walked out halfway through the movie, claiming it was boring. I agree with her. The trailer was quite misleading, making it out to look like this amazing movie - when, really, it was not. Kids may learn about owls in this movie, and the characters are good role models, but I, however, did not enjoy it.
Kid, 12 years old December 24, 2011

ITS COOL

THIS IS A GREAT MOVIE! I mean come on: I'm 12 and my parents let me watch: The Ring The Shinning etc.
Kid, 10 years old November 26, 2011

be a real woman soccer mom

stop whining soccer moms.