All member reviews for Legends of Oz: Dorothy's Return

Teen, 14 years old Written byPeacefulMaster May 14, 2014

Ugh....

Not appropriate for 6 year olds. CSM review is extremely inaccurate. 10+ is a good rating. My very mature 6 year old sister was absolutely terrified. She had nightmares for weeks. Very disappointed. The movie was terrible. There was too much violence, no role models or messages, and was overall terrible.
Kid, 12 years old May 20, 2014

Legends of Oz review

I went to this movie hoping for a light comical movie and was very disappointed. I feel that this movie was not well written and seemed lacking in plot development. The character of the china princess was not advanced far enough from the rude manner it had been before, and it seemed odd that Marshall Mallow should fall in love with such a shallow and ill-mannered person. The ease with which the Scarecrow, Tinman, Lion, and all of the other heads of government in Oz were captured and felled was disturbing and seemed to belittle the original characters' strength. I was most disturbed with how Glinda fell so easily as though she had no power. The un-needed violence, ideas of death, thoughts of the thefts of souls, creepy puppet people, and overall macabre tone of the scenes with the jester caused me to feel that the movie is not good for young children.
Kid, 8 years old May 22, 2014

how dose she go back

i think it is a good movie to wach
Kid, 11 years old May 30, 2014

Courage and a Role model

That this flim show children , how goods Dorothy was trying to save everyone she cared about. It showed everyone that you always need courage in your heart and that she would not stop , until everyone was safe in Oz. And also Dorothy is a good role model in children minds and will give children more courage in themselves and to try somethings knew.
Kid, 12 years old July 11, 2014

Passable. Oz The Great And Powerful was better, so was the classic. At least Martin Short as the Jester wasn't bad.
Kid, 11 years old December 31, 2014

Sequel to the legendary 1939 movie is much less enjoyable

My little sisters wanted to watch it, but I knew it wouldn't be very good. I was right. We all ended up disappointed with the strange plot, once again senseless singing which is often in most kid's movies and doesn't do anything about the bad situation, and kinda weird animation. They also make Glinda look extremely unrealistically thin which is wrong, and the main antagonist acts like a fake wannabe "villain". They also made Dorothy SO Mary Sue. She's recognized everywhere and even avoided the punishment of the law ALL BECAUSE SHE WAS A HERO! What? It makes no sense! And, Marshall Mallow, an orderly, kind-hearted guard, loved the china princess, who was a disrespectful, unpolite woman. It's impossible and just plain strange! And when the china princess was dead, and her body was shattered, just by singing, singing of all things, Marshall Mallow made her alive again! That's like teaching children their dead family members will live again by singing to their corpses if you think about it! They made the "villain" so weak and helpless at the end, even though villains are actually very strong and get away with lots of things without dying or getting injured severely. Many of the sentences used by all the characters are cliche' or cliche' in my opinion. This movie is seriously not worth it. It's bad compared to the 30's movie, which is actually better than this movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byC3P0reviews May 11, 2014

I don't know....

Not like the books, will review when I see the movie. The movie came out of nowhere! Has on its website a link to its game where things cost real money... I could go on and on how the game isn't like the books AND original movie and seems a little like Oz the Great and Powerful. I think I'll go review that now...
Kid, 8 years old May 14, 2015

Great oz movie is fun and cute.

My rating PG for: rude humor and action.
Kid, 10 years old September 3, 2014

Legends of oz dortheys return

The Best Movie Tip if you start the film Late At 10:00 pm It Will End At 12:05 Am The Next Day