All member reviews for Lemonade Mouth

Melodic Disney movie has great messages for families.

Kid, 12 years old May 3, 2011

Wow.

Again disney? Really? Can you please come up with a better plot and stop making every single actor into a singer? Not all of your actors are musically gifted.
Parent Written byMamaSnap December 17, 2011

hope it gets better....

my 8.5 year old daughter is watching this right now, which I allowed based on these reviews. I hope it gets better because about 15 mins in most of the adults come across as kind of batty. maybe the teacher who turns the room into a music room will be inspiring. i am also super bummed that the high school is completely white. my daughter is black and it drives me nuts not to see more integration, or to just see a token black person or two as back in the background characters. this movie doesn't even have that. i also am so tired of today's shows showing kids being so smart ass towards adults. i don't want my young child to grow up thinking that is how adults deserve to be treated.
Kid, 11 years old April 16, 2011

Tweens Mostly, but good message

Honestly, this is really good. Nothing bad about it at all but I reccomend it for tweens because of the message. honestly, kids who are 8 won't benefit as much as 11, 12, and 13. But no matter what watch this. Best TV movie from Disney yet- no doubt. :)
Kid, 12 years old May 5, 2011

A Fantastic Movie, Lemonade Mouth Surprises Disney Skeptics

Lemonade Mouth is, in my opinion, one of the greatest movies Disney has ever made. The music is actually good, and all of the characters do something other than their assignments in one or more songs. The music is great and self empowering (excluding the terrible angry songs from Mudslide Crush...BLECH) and it makes it even better that all of the actors are musicians in real life. Lemonade Mouth spoke to me, personally, and in short, this is a clean movie. Great role models and positive messages are what this movie is all about, and it all somehow looks and sounds fantastic.
Kid, 8 years old April 15, 2011

I Love it bigit mendle is tanlety i love its the best wooooooo
Teen, 13 years old Written byTheMaine April 30, 2011

I pearsonally love the movie but if you read the book like i did they are slightly differert
Teen, 14 years old Written byJCK12 April 30, 2011

This sucks

I think its stupid i mean really who comes up with Lemonade Mouth. Pretty much the movie sucks and i hate it.
Adult Written byKarrie21 April 24, 2012

Another teenager movie

Some principals don't care about their students - or care about all students equally. Many parents mess up, and some parents aren't great. But for the most part principals care and parents want the best for their kids. Teenagers these days seem to have this "Woe is me" "Nobody understands me" attitude that this movie doesn't help. I worry that this just encourages kids of every age to say - well if I don't agree with the people in charge, I just won't follow the rules. I understand that if your child's rights are being violated then action needs to be taken but I wish Disney would stop putting out all of these movies and shows that have no good adult role models. It's frustrating!
Parent of a 7 and 11 year old Written byfastraxsg December 16, 2011

LM

No matter what people says: I like this movie and the songs. I just wish in disney movies the kids could be younger. Like High school musical. The kids that watch those kind of movies arent in high school so why are the kids in the movies so old?!
Parent Written byIHaveSeen6591Movies+ June 30, 2011

Please ignore all other reviews

No matter what anyone says, this is the first truly inspirational movie I have seen in a long time. The movie world has become stale and unpredictable, and this movie sets the bar for all those other feature films. So many things from this movie are deeply rooted in the lives of people today. If I know anything about movies, everything was perfect aside from one particular character's acting. Anyone that says otherwise just wants to make Disney feel bad for making a movie that they are too ashamed to admit relates to them.
Parent of a 5, 6, 10, and 13 year old Written byGenerationClean June 10, 2011

A false feel-good film

The characters are shallow and have an overall feeling of discontent. I would like to have seen a more thoughtful script to show the kids trying to find their place. The parents are depicted as rigid and detached, and the principal and teachers are overly theatrical and stereotypical. I think High School Musical was much better.
Teen, 15 years old Written by96grlpowrCE May 13, 2011

What a surprise!

I'm completely surprised to see a Disney Channel movie that DOESN'T turn out to be a total mess these days! xD Lemonade Mouth was pretty good; the characters were likable, the story was enticing, and although the music wasn't outstanding, it beat the last Disney movie Starstruck's music by a long shot. So I enjoyed it.
Adult Written byTinyToya May 13, 2011

Disney trying(and failing) at trying for High School Musical-like success

Overall the movie is rather boring and it is clear that Disney merely wants to sell their Lemonade Mouth Soundtrack. Bridgit Mendler is not a very convincing actress (watch the scenes in which she has to cry or act nervous), and Adam Hicks is not too engaging either. Strangely, I liked Hayley Kyoko's performance as the tough tomboy. Finally, if your child doesn't get bored first, this movie is rather harmless.
Kid, 12 years old May 8, 2011

I love it. It inspires people to be themselves. It shows to stand up for yourself. I HIGHLY recommend it.
Adult Written bymattbruns3 February 25, 2015

A really good movie but there's a lot of bullying and defiance.

The theme of the movie is about standing up for what you believe in and going against other people. The band goes against the school authorities. Stella is defiant, she has the theme for herself of questioning authority. There is also a lot of bullying, the band fights with them and gets pretty domestic. It is more for older kids or teenagers.
Kid, 10 years old October 4, 2014

Are you kidding me?

This movie, in my opinion, is really cheesy and is not worth watching. I mean, in one scene, out of the clear blue sky, everyone starts playing a song when they just meet, as if they have been practicing for YEARS. And in another, before they're first performance, a main character Olivia, is feeling nervous, and then, as if it will make the world perfect, one of her band mates passes her some lemonade, and then, POOF! Everyone can move on with their wonderful lives. Some of the music was kind of good, but in my opinion, not good enough to make up for the unrealistic story line .
Kid, 11 years old July 19, 2014

Awesome

Really good
Kid, 10 years old June 8, 2014

Awesome!!!

It is a really good movie with lots of cool songs. I haven't seen it in a few years but I still remember Determinate. Also it has a lot of good messages such as defend your friends from bullies and stand up for what you believe in.
Parent Written byaimless1 May 10, 2014

Meh

I thought, based on reviews I had read that this would be a good movie for our family to watch together. My daughters are 8 and 5 and they thought it was ok. My husband and I found it painful and just wanted it over. I was disappointed at how much teen romance drama and I thought it took away from the "good messages".
Kid, 8 years old September 29, 2013