All member reviews for Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events

Book's fans will enjoy, but too creepy for some.

Parent of a 11 year old Written byJenoi January 8, 2010

I wish their would be sequels!

This movie was fantastic, Jim Carrey's characters are hilarious. I only wish they would make more!!!
Kid, 11 years old January 27, 2010

A great great movie!

A great movie. It's really very funny in the begining how it opens up. It's a great adventure movie. Alot of thrill and suspense to. I reccomend this to you.
Teen, 16 years old Written byHintzy411 November 13, 2009

11+

my friend read the series and thinks it's great
Kid, 7 years old February 22, 2010

One part when Eddie falls off of a log he says "I think I might have peed" Also, Eddie gets shot by a paintball but he thinks he got shot by a bullet.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMoviefan101 November 23, 2009

READ THE BOOKS FIRST OR YOU WILL NOT GET THE PLOT

This movie is sad and depressing. You see the Baudelaire children in utter dispair when their parents die in a fire. Then, they get set to Count Olaf who is a phony, greedy guardian who wants the children dead in every possible way just to get their fortune or in this case their inheiratance. This film revolves around books 1-3 which are: 1. The Bad Beginning 2. The Reptile Room 3. The Wide Window This film is good if you like movies that are a little sad but funny in the middle. If you want to see another film thats cheery and happy than don't see this film. If you like films with secrets, deceptions, Italian pasta and secret organizations then watch this film!!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byneptune09er November 9, 2008

I really like it no matter what other people say

It is pretty creepy at some parts, but I'm sure 10 year olds have seen worse. They mixed things up though, things were in a different order in the books. Plus Violet was supposed to sign the paper with her left hand, not have it burn. Jim Carrey made a really good Count Olaf.
Teen, 15 years old Written byarthur16morgana January 14, 2011

i love the movie and the books!! i read all the books in 6th grade!!!i saw the movie i theaters with my dad
Teen, 14 years old Written bySasodei April 27, 2011

LEMONY SNICKET FOO EVA

Loved it. Watched it ever since I was 7. I've watched this movie over 300 times. I brought it to a sleep over, I watched in Flordia on vaction, Im watching it now. I don't really think Sunny is all that bad. Its not like shes saying actually swears. Really you cant sugar code a kids life. Death will happen and this movie teaches you good morals like how you can make a sanctuary even in the worst of places. The books are delightful and the movie leaves a couple details out, not to mention that It stops after the first 3 books.
Teen, 15 years old Written bytechnologylover12 May 15, 2010

this movie is awesome! My favorite part is when sunny says "Im sunny" to olaf and he's like "Sorry, I don't speak monkey...BANANA" then sunny replies saying "I AM NOT A MONKEY"
Kid, 10 years old January 17, 2010

exellent

I love this movie and the books. The characters are all unique and ive never seen characters like them in other books. who thinks of a baby liking to bite stuff and a girl who likes to invent things this movie is very intresting and stands out to me.
Parent of a 5, 8, 13, and 16 year old Written bymommyslittledarlings August 10, 2011

A disgrace!

This film was utterly inappropriate for Mommy's little darlings Jennifer (16), Emily (13), Jake (8) and Max (5). It was a family choice due to Jennifer, Emily and Jake’s shared love of the books. However, when we began watching it, I was horrified to discover the dark and morbid sense of doom surrounding the three orphans. Max was very distressed at the idea of their house burning down (suspected arson) and I had to reassure him for the next few days that our house was not going to burn down as well. After this terrible event, they placed under the care of their frightening Guardian Count Olaf, a man who even I found disturbing, by their incompetent caregiver, Mr. Poe. Max began to cry in fright. Also, there is far too much tension throughout the film and the Baudelaire’s close to death scenes brought on by adults ( bad influence, most adults only wish the best for them). The Baudelaire’s are almost hit by a train and eaten by leeches. Traumatizing! They are also forced to witness the death’s of many family members. Terrible! My final complaints are the swearing used by the baby and Violet’s forced marriage. This movie is not suitable for any children, and is best left on the shelf.
Teen, 15 years old Written byScoobyfan June 3, 2011

Hilarious! Great!

This is one of the funniest movies with Jim Carrey ive ever seen! Ive never read any of the books but i love this movie! Good for kids and adults. No reason not to see the movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAlwayzCreative14 November 26, 2010

Fans of the Books Will Be Fans of this Movie!

I saw this movie when I was about 11 and really enjoyed it! I think it fits the book, despite a few changes. I don't think it's a good movie for the younger crowd or easily scared kids though. The dark comedy is a little disturbing to some and the violence and suspense can be frightening. I still loved it though and I think it really depends on if you read the books. If you liked the books- like I did- you'll really enjoy this movie. If you did 't like the book? Well you won't like the movie either.
Teen, 14 years old Written byKforKitty101 January 3, 2011

One of those few movies that is better than the books, IMO.

I was amazed how this movie did not only follow the books, it actually was slightly BETTER. It had a good plot, good visuals, and I absolutely loved Jim Carrey in here (he's my favorite actor.) Overall, likeable movie. B+.
Kid, 9 years old July 30, 2010

You'd have no sense to not watch this movie!

I remember there being a use of the D-swear by Count Olaf and Klaus gets hit in the face (you see it on screen). I agree with the three stars, though. The acting Jim Carrey did was a little…Weird. It's funny when he acts like a dinosaur. What doesn't make sense to me is why they didn't do sequels for the other books. But anyhow, that wouldn't be the best idea nowadays, because the actors are already grown-up.
Kid, 10 years old April 16, 2011

Creepy

Its really creepy
Kid, 12 years old July 5, 2011

Great!

Can be frightening but is a great movie!
Teen, 15 years old Written byDominicboo1 March 29, 2011

Sad but humorous?

This film is a little depressing, but it makes up in comical scenes. Violet, Klaus, and Sunny all love each other and make sacrifices for each other. Count Olaf is made into a comical villian that is pretty stupid compared to the intimidating character in the books.
Kid, 11 years old December 31, 2010

Movie with a lot of suspense is so-so

I saw this movie in school when I was in 5th grade. It was not really that scary, but the plot was just akward. Some parts of the movie were enjoyable, but others just didn't make any sense. So, if your a fan of the series, go ahead you'll probably enjoy it more than me, since I didn't even read the books. The movie would be more clear if you read the series.
Parent of a 12 and 18 year old Written bytbaudler1410 April 19, 2009

think twice before bringing someone 12 and down to this movie!!!!!!

It is a pretty good movie but be warned: their are very violent,frightening,and intense images and situations. Count Olaf is a very,very,very EVIL Role Model and murders people for money