All parent member reviews for Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events

Parent Written bybeautiful me June 9, 2013

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this was an amazing movie extreamly intreging and um I don't really no another word for it but AMAZING. kidz will like this movie if they understand that movies are just fake and arnt real.
Parent Written byJLFM May 13, 2012

Fans of the book may not like it

Adult Written bycoricurbob@yahoo.com April 9, 2008

A movie based on my favorite books. Huzzah!

Not much to say except that I am probably obliged to love this movie, as I am obsessed with the books. I like that the filmmakers included some of the V.F.D. mystery which, in print, does not come to light until Book the Fifth. I did not like one of the revelations apparently put forth in the movie, though (Josephine's, on the boat...) You should know that this movie is different from the books. Please be okay with that. It's basically alternate-universe, and not intended to be exactly the same - Daniel Handler's original screenplay for it was COMPLETELY DIFFERENT, a phrase which here means "rife with mysterious volunteers, turquoise sombreros, ninja-esque fights, and James Brown quotes." It was pretty awesome, actually.
Adult Written bynintendude April 9, 2008

Movie is great, books are 100% better

I love the books, but I'd have to say, no matter how nice it was for the Series to take the big screen... the book are better. Though the movie showed a live picture, reading the books are better because they allow YOU to create you OWN image. That is what engages the imagination, and helps you try and figure out what exactly is going on with the Baudelaires and Count Olaf.
Adult Written byCreepie April 9, 2008

Not much to say...

I love it! ^^ Sunny is too cute, Violet is my fave, and Klaus is pretty strong about his opinions than in the books.