All member reviews for Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events

Book's fans will enjoy, but too creepy for some.

That was horrable.

I love the books of a series of unfortunate events, every one. I thought the movie would be awesome but then I saw it and it completely defied the books. It was really stupid and I think if your in the mood to be bored out of your mind with idioticness, this is the thing to watch.

Good movie :)

It freaked my 9 yo brother out but I loved it. :)
Teen, 13 years old Written bymolly sinclair May 1, 2016

it was ok

I think the books were better the movie was still good
Teen, 13 years old Written bywackywert April 2, 2016

The books are better!

It's ok. The books are way better, however, Lemony Snicket's literary style does no translate very well into movie form. Everyone claiming it's extremely inappropriate and the most awful thing ever are lying to themselves though.
Parent Written byCatalex April 2, 2016

Love it

Sad themes including murder, arson, death of parents etc, but a good story for the family
Teen, 14 years old Written byLuke Starkiller February 29, 2016

Hilarious, but a bit bleak at times

If you child appreciates and likes black humor, then he or she will definitely love this movie. I certainly did. On the other hand, some of the "unfortunate" events depicted may be too bleak for younger viewers. It does all turn out pretty well in the end, though. Once you get past the film's initial bleakness you can appreciate its comedic moments and enjoy it as an imperfect tween-flick.
Kid, 10 years old December 23, 2014

A good movie for those who read the books

Kid, 9 years old December 2, 2014

it has good and bad parts

I like it because it has a few parts that i think are quite funny. I dont like it because I dont understand why the mum and dad should die at the very start and you dont even get to see the mum and dad at all, but I would recommend it to watch.
Kid, 10 years old January 4, 2014

Amazing Story! Great Message!

A really good movie, some bits a little bit creepy (e.g. Count Olaf (Jim Carrey) ) A lot of amazing morals, for example, To make sanctuary in a place not welcome, e.t.c I am very proud for the 3 siblings, as they have struggled a lot that i could probably not handle. One of those story's that make you think.....
Kid, 11 years old November 27, 2013

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!

I ADORE THIS MOVIE I LOVE IT I LOVE IT!!! Jim Carrey is a ROCKING Olaf and there's not a lot of swearing. (in the books olaf says "Now get in the d*mn jeep!" but then Snicket says, "As we all know, it is very rude and inappropriate to use profanity, but at this point the Baudelaires were too terrified to correct Olaf's rudeness.") In the deleted scenes I saw on the dvd there are lots of references to homosexuality and cross-dressing and sex, but I guess that's why they took those scenes out.
Kid, 11 years old August 15, 2013

alright

this movie was alright
Teen, 14 years old Written byMackenzie Logan July 6, 2013

great watch

series of unfortunate events is a great movie. its a bit dark, but funny and a great watch. there are three siblings, Violet, the eldest who is an inventor, claus, the middle child who reads a lot and can remember everything that he reads, and sunny, the youngest, who is an infant who likes to bite. sunny provides a lot of comedy in the movie, while violet and Claus are good positive role models. this movie is great and I defiantly recommend it!
Kid, 12 years old October 6, 2012

Enjoyed it!

Really enjoyed this movie. Didn't find it creepy at all like some of the adults. I liked the characteristics of all the children. Me & my mother really enjoyed it, suspenseful & funny parts and it wasn't all wet & Disney-fied .
Teen, 16 years old Written byTotally500 July 25, 2012

very creepy but well done

this was twisted but well done movie i can go on and on about this movie for hours about it
Kid, 9 years old June 25, 2012

A SERIES OF UNFORTUNATE EVENTS - MOVIE

Adaption of a great book is kind of dissapointing
Teen, 14 years old Written bytheoriginaldudeify May 28, 2012

nice more secrets are revealed if you know the book was set for sequel

very nice for kids - stays on seat even better if you read the books
Kid, 12 years old April 29, 2012

Sad movie, but a lot of action.

This movie isn't violent, but people do get murdered off screen. the only swear is that the d word is said two times. A baby says stuff like bite me or shes from crazy town. There is more than that. Count Olaf wants to steal three kids fortune. Count Olaf picks up sunny and she is terrified and crying. Her two older siblings are yelling at him to put her down. There is a hurricane. The children are forced to do chores that they don't know how to do and Count Olaf doesn't teach them how to do those chores. People do drink wine. This movie is not really a good example, but the children try to save each other's lives.
Teen, 15 years old Written bychargnar February 5, 2012

Great

Very good and sinister tale
Kid, 8 years old November 24, 2011

Lemony weird!!

WEIRD!!!!!!!!!! WEIRD. WEIRD.
Kid, 12 years old July 5, 2011

Great!

Can be frightening but is a great movie!