All member reviews for Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events

Book's fans will enjoy, but too creepy for some.

Kid, 12 years old October 6, 2012

Enjoyed it!

Really enjoyed this movie. Didn't find it creepy at all like some of the adults. I liked the characteristics of all the children. Me & my mother really enjoyed it, suspenseful & funny parts and it wasn't all wet & Disney-fied .
Teen, 16 years old Written byTotally500 July 25, 2012

very creepy but well done

this was twisted but well done movie i can go on and on about this movie for hours about it
Kid, 9 years old June 25, 2012

A SERIES OF UNFORTUNATE EVENTS - MOVIE

Adaption of a great book is kind of dissapointing
Teen, 14 years old Written bytheoriginaldudeify May 28, 2012

nice more secrets are revealed if you know the book was set for sequel

very nice for kids - stays on seat even better if you read the books
Kid, 12 years old May 23, 2012

The hostile hospital

lemony snicket is not bad he is a good very good book writter. you should let children of all ages read it.all his books are mysties and letters.He is a little funny.:)
Kid, 12 years old April 29, 2012

Sad movie, but a lot of action.

This movie isn't violent, but people do get murdered off screen. the only swear is that the d word is said two times. A baby says stuff like bite me or shes from crazy town. There is more than that. Count Olaf wants to steal three kids fortune. Count Olaf picks up sunny and she is terrified and crying. Her two older siblings are yelling at him to put her down. There is a hurricane. The children are forced to do chores that they don't know how to do and Count Olaf doesn't teach them how to do those chores. People do drink wine. This movie is not really a good example, but the children try to save each other's lives.
Teen, 15 years old Written bychargnar February 5, 2012

Great

Very good and sinister tale
Kid, 8 years old November 24, 2011

Lemony weird!!

WEIRD!!!!!!!!!! WEIRD. WEIRD.
Kid, 12 years old July 5, 2011

Great!

Can be frightening but is a great movie!
Teen, 15 years old Written byScoobyfan June 3, 2011

Hilarious! Great!

This is one of the funniest movies with Jim Carrey ive ever seen! Ive never read any of the books but i love this movie! Good for kids and adults. No reason not to see the movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySasodei April 27, 2011

LEMONY SNICKET FOO EVA

Loved it. Watched it ever since I was 7. I've watched this movie over 300 times. I brought it to a sleep over, I watched in Flordia on vaction, Im watching it now. I don't really think Sunny is all that bad. Its not like shes saying actually swears. Really you cant sugar code a kids life. Death will happen and this movie teaches you good morals like how you can make a sanctuary even in the worst of places. The books are delightful and the movie leaves a couple details out, not to mention that It stops after the first 3 books.
Teen, 15 years old Written byDominicboo1 March 29, 2011

Sad but humorous?

This film is a little depressing, but it makes up in comical scenes. Violet, Klaus, and Sunny all love each other and make sacrifices for each other. Count Olaf is made into a comical villian that is pretty stupid compared to the intimidating character in the books.
Teen, 15 years old Written byarthur16morgana January 14, 2011

i love the movie and the books!! i read all the books in 6th grade!!!i saw the movie i theaters with my dad
Teen, 14 years old Written byKforKitty101 January 3, 2011

One of those few movies that is better than the books, IMO.

I was amazed how this movie did not only follow the books, it actually was slightly BETTER. It had a good plot, good visuals, and I absolutely loved Jim Carrey in here (he's my favorite actor.) Overall, likeable movie. B+.
Kid, 9 years old July 30, 2010

You'd have no sense to not watch this movie!

I remember there being a use of the D-swear by Count Olaf and Klaus gets hit in the face (you see it on screen). I agree with the three stars, though. The acting Jim Carrey did was a little…Weird. It's funny when he acts like a dinosaur. What doesn't make sense to me is why they didn't do sequels for the other books. But anyhow, that wouldn't be the best idea nowadays, because the actors are already grown-up.
Kid, 10 years old January 17, 2010

exellent

I love this movie and the books. The characters are all unique and ive never seen characters like them in other books. who thinks of a baby liking to bite stuff and a girl who likes to invent things this movie is very intresting and stands out to me.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMoviefan101 November 23, 2009

READ THE BOOKS FIRST OR YOU WILL NOT GET THE PLOT

This movie is sad and depressing. You see the Baudelaire children in utter dispair when their parents die in a fire. Then, they get set to Count Olaf who is a phony, greedy guardian who wants the children dead in every possible way just to get their fortune or in this case their inheiratance. This film revolves around books 1-3 which are: 1. The Bad Beginning 2. The Reptile Room 3. The Wide Window This film is good if you like movies that are a little sad but funny in the middle. If you want to see another film thats cheery and happy than don't see this film. If you like films with secrets, deceptions, Italian pasta and secret organizations then watch this film!!!!
Kid, 12 years old November 8, 2009

JUST OK

This movie is OK. But bare in mind there is lots of peril,sadness,and one bad role model (count olove) in this movie that is not good to let young children see. But children who read the book will sertaintly enjoy watching till the very end.
Teen, 17 years old Written byZimMan2 October 22, 2009

Um, This is a comedy.....

Uhhh.... you people do realize this is a comedy, right? It's got some genuinely creepy moments sure, but for the most part, it's over-the-top ridiculousness. Now, it's not great, but it's fun, and you should not worry about your kids watching it.
Educator and Parent of a 5, 6, 8, and 10 year old Written byLisaHillSchoolStuff October 3, 2009

I agree with your reviewer: there are scary bits and parents & teachers should watch it with the children, but it has a positive message, that we should use the gifts we have to deal with a world that's not always sweetness and light.