All member reviews for Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events

Book's fans will enjoy, but too creepy for some.

Teen, 15 years old Written byarthur16morgana January 14, 2011
i love the movie and the books!! i read all the books in 6th grade!!!i saw the movie i theaters with my dad
Teen, 14 years old Written byKforKitty101 January 3, 2011

One of those few movies that is better than the books, IMO.

I was amazed how this movie did not only follow the books, it actually was slightly BETTER. It had a good plot, good visuals, and I absolutely loved Jim Carrey in here (he's my favorite actor.) Overall, likeable movie. B+.
Kid, 9 years old July 30, 2010

You'd have no sense to not watch this movie!

I remember there being a use of the D-swear by Count Olaf and Klaus gets hit in the face (you see it on screen). I agree with the three stars, though. The acting Jim Carrey did was a little…Weird. It's funny when he acts like a dinosaur. What doesn't make sense to me is why they didn't do sequels for the other books. But anyhow, that wouldn't be the best idea nowadays, because the actors are already grown-up.
Kid, 10 years old January 17, 2010

exellent

I love this movie and the books. The characters are all unique and ive never seen characters like them in other books. who thinks of a baby liking to bite stuff and a girl who likes to invent things this movie is very intresting and stands out to me.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMoviefan101 November 23, 2009

READ THE BOOKS FIRST OR YOU WILL NOT GET THE PLOT

This movie is sad and depressing. You see the Baudelaire children in utter dispair when their parents die in a fire. Then, they get set to Count Olaf who is a phony, greedy guardian who wants the children dead in every possible way just to get their fortune or in this case their inheiratance. This film revolves around books 1-3 which are: 1. The Bad Beginning 2. The Reptile Room 3. The Wide Window This film is good if you like movies that are a little sad but funny in the middle. If you want to see another film thats cheery and happy than don't see this film. If you like films with secrets, deceptions, Italian pasta and secret organizations then watch this film!!!!
Kid, 12 years old November 8, 2009

JUST OK

This movie is OK. But bare in mind there is lots of peril,sadness,and one bad role model (count olove) in this movie that is not good to let young children see. But children who read the book will sertaintly enjoy watching till the very end.
Teen, 17 years old Written byZimMan2 October 22, 2009

Um, This is a comedy.....

Uhhh.... you people do realize this is a comedy, right? It's got some genuinely creepy moments sure, but for the most part, it's over-the-top ridiculousness. Now, it's not great, but it's fun, and you should not worry about your kids watching it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byali12 August 30, 2009
Teen, 14 years old Written byKaty0 July 6, 2009

Okay for 7+

Aside from one disturbing scene where a child is hit, most of this movie is creative and fun.
Teen, 13 years old Written byfredahu17 June 12, 2009
Kid, 11 years old April 23, 2009

crazy!

this film was good..... but wierd. this film is still grim for me
Teen, 15 years old Written bytwilightxoxoluv April 2, 2009

SOUE

This Movie is as good as the series!
Teen, 14 years old Written bymkalv February 3, 2009

Bad adaption, good movie.

I must say that this movie isn't that faithful to the books. However, this movie is still really good, and funny in a twisted sort of way all on its own. Recommended.
Kid, 11 years old November 9, 2008

pretty good on its own, but no where near as brillient as the books

i actually really enjoyed this movie and happen to own it. there is a tiny bit of very mild language, (smuck, damn, and bite me.) but no sex or sexual refrences, violence, or scary images. keep in mind that it is a movie about orphaned children, and there are sevral murders that happen off screen. (nothing is shown) it is a good movie for older kids and tweens, but if you've read the books you may enjoy it more.
Teen, 14 years old Written byneptune09er November 9, 2008

I really like it no matter what other people say

It is pretty creepy at some parts, but I'm sure 10 year olds have seen worse. They mixed things up though, things were in a different order in the books. Plus Violet was supposed to sign the paper with her left hand, not have it burn. Jim Carrey made a really good Count Olaf.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAhsatan April 9, 2008

Count Olaf was horrible!

This movie is about three kids named Violet, Klaus and Sunny Baudelaire. I thought the actor who played Violet was very ugly and not at all like how I imagined Violet. Klaus was good, and Sunny was very cute. Count Olaf did not look like what I imagined him either, and he didn't seem evil enough. The story was also very messed up, totally different from the books. However, there were some funny parts and it was pretty exciting. I liked the actor who played Aunt Josephine a lot too. This movie was in the middle,not good and not bad.
Teen, 16 years old Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

This is a funny movie!

Adult Written byjanialxnd7 April 9, 2008

Wished it was over

I did not enjoy this movie. From the beginning I kept wondering when it was going to get good and when it would be over. The movie itself was very corny to me. The kids seemed to enjoy it though.
Teen, 17 years old Written byrockin_cowgurl706 April 9, 2008

This was a pretty good movie...

I think that this was a good movie. It followed the books pretty well, with only a few event out of order. The movie was done very well and I think it is appropreate for seven years old and up.