All member reviews for Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events

Book's fans will enjoy, but too creepy for some.

Teen, 13 years old Written byali12 August 30, 2009

Teen, 14 years old Written byKaty0 July 6, 2009

Okay for 7+

Aside from one disturbing scene where a child is hit, most of this movie is creative and fun.
Teen, 13 years old Written byfredahu17 June 12, 2009

Kid, 11 years old April 23, 2009

crazy!

this film was good..... but wierd. this film is still grim for me
Teen, 15 years old Written bytwilightxoxoluv April 2, 2009

SOUE

This Movie is as good as the series!
Teen, 14 years old Written bymkalv February 3, 2009

Bad adaption, good movie.

I must say that this movie isn't that faithful to the books. However, this movie is still really good, and funny in a twisted sort of way all on its own. Recommended.
Kid, 11 years old November 9, 2008

pretty good on its own, but no where near as brillient as the books

i actually really enjoyed this movie and happen to own it. there is a tiny bit of very mild language, (smuck, damn, and bite me.) but no sex or sexual refrences, violence, or scary images. keep in mind that it is a movie about orphaned children, and there are sevral murders that happen off screen. (nothing is shown) it is a good movie for older kids and tweens, but if you've read the books you may enjoy it more.
Teen, 14 years old Written byneptune09er November 9, 2008

I really like it no matter what other people say

It is pretty creepy at some parts, but I'm sure 10 year olds have seen worse. They mixed things up though, things were in a different order in the books. Plus Violet was supposed to sign the paper with her left hand, not have it burn. Jim Carrey made a really good Count Olaf.
Teen, 13 years old Written byHT April 9, 2008

EVERY PESON IN THE WORLD SHOULD WATCH IT

Adult Written byfritzsky April 9, 2008

Teen, 14 years old Written bykingfisher30 April 9, 2008

wacko film

awesome movie for all ages that anyone can see. Go see it now
Teen, 14 years old Written bykaratedude April 9, 2008

Fantabulous!

People are freaking out because the movie doesn't completely match the books. But it says BASED on the first three books. Not EVENT FOR EVENT on the first three books. I thought they did great with the casting. Jim Carrey as Count Olaf was perfect! Emily Browning was great for Violet! I think they could have done a better person for Klause than Liam Aiken. But Sunny was great! This movie is hilarious! And action-packed! If you have any questions or comments about this review, please e-mail me at karatedude999@hotmail.com. Thank you!

Teen, 13 years old Written byAhsatan April 9, 2008

Count Olaf was horrible!

This movie is about three kids named Violet, Klaus and Sunny Baudelaire. I thought the actor who played Violet was very ugly and not at all like how I imagined Violet. Klaus was good, and Sunny was very cute. Count Olaf did not look like what I imagined him either, and he didn't seem evil enough. The story was also very messed up, totally different from the books. However, there were some funny parts and it was pretty exciting. I liked the actor who played Aunt Josephine a lot too. This movie was in the middle,not good and not bad.
Parent of a 9 year old Written byrobinpeggy April 9, 2008

wonderful visuals

My 11-year-old son, who has read the whole series, assures me that the books are much better -- although he liked the movie. I thought it was completely entertaining, funny, and unusual. I just can't figure out why Dustin Hoffman made the cameo appearance...
Teen, 16 years old Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

This is a funny movie!

Adult Written byjanialxnd7 April 9, 2008

Wished it was over

I did not enjoy this movie. From the beginning I kept wondering when it was going to get good and when it would be over. The movie itself was very corny to me. The kids seemed to enjoy it though.
Teen, 17 years old Written byrockin_cowgurl706 April 9, 2008

This was a pretty good movie...

I think that this was a good movie. It followed the books pretty well, with only a few event out of order. The movie was done very well and I think it is appropreate for seven years old and up.
Teen, 15 years old Written byAlexH April 9, 2008

Great!

Funny, smart, and well-acted, this movie is a winner. Young kids may find this movie a bit too macabre or suspenseful for their tastes. Kids who are loyal fans of the books may find this a bit too loose of an adaptation. But if you're willing to go into the movie with an open mind, you'll like it. Great performances by Jim Carrey, Timothy Spall, Meryl Streep, and the three talented youngsters are a definite plus.
Teen, 14 years old Written bystar April 9, 2008