All member reviews for Let Me In

Vampire remake is much gorier than Twilight.

Parent Written by1koip July 8, 2011

Let Me In Review

I found this to be an awesome movie with great meaning and special effects, though I would not recommend this for children under 12. I myself am only 10 but I have a very high tolerence for gore and other children my age may not. The part that I found the most grotesque was the part when Abby's caretaker/former boyfriend poured acid on his face. There is not much sexual content in the movie except when Abby and Owen very lightly peck each other on the lips. It was wonderful to see a vampire movie that didn't make vampires seem evil, but also did not glorify vampirism. I also loved how it was not petty and laden with teenage stereotypes as with films such as The Vampire Diaries and The Twilight Saga, but more serious and dark. Two thumbs up for Let Me In!
Teen, 14 years old Written byantoineisthebest April 25, 2011

amazing remake

I just watch it and it's amazing movie, for everyone who as a medium tolerence in gore,(we see a young women burning,a girl is attacking a dectetive alot is off screen but we see that he as no leg,and the girl dismenbered the bullies we see a head in the water(very closely)alot is did of screen but we see legs,arms,...)there's a little bit of nudity we see a young couple having sex and the girl naked climb in the bed we dont see naked nothing happened,(I cry when the girl leave)see this movie if you're mature and a medium tolerence in gore,not a very scary movie but the attack are violent and sometime gory and always bloody,THIS MOVIE IS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written byCyonnara October 9, 2010

Amazing Remake

This film was amazing, I was just like everyone else, worried that they made a remake so quickly, but Chloe Moretz and Smit-Mcphee show amazing chemistry and proved themselves to be extremely good actors. This film followed the movie very well and it also got the tone of the original just right, all in all, mesmerizing.
Adult Written byBestPicture1996 August 19, 2014

An inferior remake, but a solid horror movie

For my money, this is essentially a carbon copy of the Swedish original "Let the Right One In." Chloe Grace Mortez is a great actress, and I expect great things from her in the future, as is Smit-McPhee, who left a big impression in "The Road." The two of them have good, awkward tween chemistry; excellent character actor Richard Jenkins is wasted as Mortez's "father," though the main bully in this version is much more despicable than the original. The film had some stylish elements to it, like the promising, mysterious opening scene, but if you want to pick between the two, of course go with the grittier, more beautiful original.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKittycat14 May 14, 2014

SIMPLY AMAZING!

This movie is way better than Twilight, but much more gory. Definitely a must see though!
Teen, 13 years old Written byFaz April 2, 2014

Let Me In (2010)

I haven't actually seen this film yet, but I'm dying too. I have seen the reviews and the trailer and Chloë Moretz is very good at horror roles as she is truly amazing in Carrie and the Amityville Horror. Let Me In is a dark story on a young vampire (Moretz) who befriends a young boy(Kodi Smit-McPhee), ditched by his mother. A freaky, yet inspirational horror magnificence. A must see, but of mature age as younger viewers may find it disturbing. A fair chunk of violence and gore in there. Id say a mature 13. y/o could watch this film. Keep it up Chloë Grace Moretz and Kodi Smit-McPhee! Great acting.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCWG1 February 8, 2014

In my top 10!!

Going into this movie I thought it was going to be like twilight... Pale kids, Cheesy Acting, and a whole lot of sparkle, but instead I find this is a breath taking movie. Let me start by saying that I don't think this should be considered a horror movie... I mean it had some moments of jumps but to me it's more of a drama. This movie is claimed to have "Strong Bloody Horror Violence," but to me personally this is a lie. It had some scenes of violence and blood, but I feel it is no where near as graphic as some of the other movies I've seen that had the rating this did. There is nothing very sexual except for one scene where a man and a woman kiss and her robe starts to fall in a distance and poor lot view in an extremely brief scene. And there is also one scene where a girl gets into a bed with a boy she is naked but there is absolutely no nudity isn't intended really to be sexual. Some infrequent language. Honestly mature 11. Suggested MPAA rating R: Some Bloody Violence, Disturbing Content, Sensuality, Language, and Brief Partial Nudity
Teen, 13 years old Written byKyle1414 June 17, 2013

Somehow scary but cute at the same time

My MPAA Rating: R For Bloody Violence/Disturbing Images, Strong Bullying, Suggestive Situations, and Strong Language. This movie is quite bloody with many violent kills, but it's not too too bad. This movie is actually kind of cute in a way because the vampire girl and main character are in love with each other pretty fast! I say ages 14 + because of the violence/scariness
Teen, 13 years old Written byThe Cheap Seats February 19, 2013

Innocence Dies. Abby Doesn't.

Let Me In is a remake of the Swedish film, Let the Right One In, which is based off the Swedish novel of the same name. I'm a fan of the book and if you read the book, the movie will probably be a bit more eerie. The Father and Abby's relationship in the book was much different than it is in the movie and far more disturbing. You can probably already tell what the relationship is by that. I like the changes they made to that part of the script. The violence is kind of heavy but really won't affect anyone over the age of twelve. The atmosphere is really the creepiest part of the film which is Owen's dark life in which he is kind of abandoned. His parents are divorced and he lives with his mother, who is depressed. He is constantly bullied and the bullying scenes are incredibly difficult to watch and disturbing. There is one instance in which a breast is seen but is very quick. The f-word is said about five times but by a twelve-year-old kid. Very mature thirteen year olds and mature fourteen year olds should be able to handle it. B+.
Teen, 14 years old Written byZoemily January 19, 2013

Although this movie has really mature content, it was adorable and twisted as a 12 year old falls in love with a monster. He still loves her even though she murders relentlessly, but in the end it shows there are some benefits to having a vampire girlfriend.
Teen, 13 years old Written byGotmarshmallowed December 29, 2012

Decent Horror

Let me in was a pretty good movie. The violence wasnt too up close and the few scenes where it was, well, just close ur eyes. The movie had nothing a mature teen couldnt handle. Im 13 and i dont have high tolerance for violence and blood, but this movie was a lot less scary then i thought it would be. The language is what u wud hear at a high school now, so its fine. Its a decent movie i wud recomend to anyone 13+
Teen, 15 years old Written byrh12345 December 20, 2012

Amazing but very violent and eerie...

I honestly think it deserved it's R rating. It is very gloomy and the violent scenes are pretty gory. One man also pours acid on his face, which can make some people feel uncomfortable. The vampire girl, Abby, is shown with blood in her mouth and on her clothes. She also starts bleeding when she doesn't get invited in. I personally didn't really find it that scary, but my friend, who is a few months older than me, felt very uncomfortable and scared. The whole setting of the movie is sort of depressing, with Owen being bullied constantly and miserable. The bullying scenes are also very sad, especially the last one. Definitely do not let you 8 year old little siblings watch this, unless they are mature enough to handle it. The violence is pretty much the only thing you should worry about, apart from some mild cuss words here and there. Overall, it was a really good movie and I definitely recommend it!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byAbsoluteHarlequin August 11, 2012

Not NEARLY As Artfully Constructed As The Book, But Acceptable.

I've seen this movie many times and , when I was 12, actually read the book. I have a bit of a love and hate relationship with this. The movie IS pretty good. But, it in no way follows the ACTUAL plot of the book, which was set in Sweden. I will admit, it's a beautiful "Romeo and Juliet" styling for a story about true love. I am responsible to warn, though, that the movie is quite violent, and has moderate bad language and drinking, drugs, & smoking. I would recommend the film for teens, and mature younger teens. The book, however, I wouldn't recommend for anyone under 15. It's a wonderful novel, John Ajvide Lindquivist is nothing less than an ARTIST, depicting both the beautiful fantasy and the dirty, ugly truth behind society. However, the book displays everything from true love to pedophilia.
Teen, 13 years old Written byconcernedteen123 July 9, 2012

Gripping.

A brief implied sex scene-a breast is shown from a distance-a lot of bullying, which you can discuss with your child about on why they are like that. Then some messed up vampire violence,that can get pretty graphic. Lots of language used by children. But this gripping vampire love story keeps you enthralled from the beginning.
Kid, 12 years old May 11, 2012

Maturity

Kids that are mature can see this, i am not saying let a 4 year old see it but if a teen or tween wants to see then let them if they are mature enough.
Adult Written byHunger Games Fan April 25, 2012

Sex, Violence, and language

Sex There is a sexual situation which a girl vampire takes off all her clothes and climbs into bed with a 12 year old boy there is some talk about going steady and she finaly says that they can go steady this scene might be found disturbing consitering ther age both 12. Violence Lots of gore consitering it is a horror/vampire movie and a lot of physical bulling one scene ecspeliy were a young boy 12 is dragged on the floor of a swimming pool and atempted to be drownded Language F--k, S--t,F-g, D--n, ass, and a-----e and some other strong language usealy used by kids to other kids one scene when owen is holding a pole and says he will hit them if they try enything whitch they do saying I don't think you are going to do a f--king thing and I am going to take that pole and ram it up your a--. Still one of the best horror movies in years!! I would give it a 10 out of 10
Kid, 11 years old February 29, 2012

good but bad

As much as I would love too see this movie, it's not appropriate for anyone under 17. I've seen clips for youtube and it seemed very adult. There is a lot of voilence (fighting, blood-drinking,excetera) and a scary looking face burned by acid. I think you may wish to stay away from this one.
Teen, 15 years old Written byalexx55 January 8, 2012

Gruesome, bit boring

It was eh. Not nearly as scary as I thought it'd be. Some parts were very grotesque, but nothing was jump in your seat scary. The movie is dimply lit and gives it a very depressing feeling, and the two main actors were very quiet. Lots of bones snapping done by the girl, and the bullies who abused Owen did horrific things and made your heart melt :( Not very scary though. Not what I expected, and got a bit bored throughout the movie.
Kid, 12 years old July 10, 2011

For older kids, little kids will cry in fear.

Very good movie, but it's not for little ones. Not at all.
Teen, 14 years old Written bydanielellarby July 9, 2011

Let me in, the remake of Let the right one in.

This movie, directed by Matt Reeves is beautifully directed and well cast. Its not a scary movie but it has a tense and sad atmosphere. It is a little gory, maybe two scenes and the rest are not clearly visibe. The music is beautiful and the plot is very emotional and moving. It turns around the vampire movie making world.