All member reviews for Liar Liar

Goofy '90s Carrey comedy has lots of profanity, sex.

Kid, 12 years old April 19, 2009
Teen, 14 years old Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008
Teen, 16 years old Written bybandgeek03 April 19, 2009

If you love comedy, you will love this!!

This movie is hilarious!!
Parent Written bymarvistamom November 9, 2008

Yellow Light for Sure

I remember seeing it BC with my husband (Before Children) and thought it was hilarious. What I didn't remember was the liberal dose of profanity and running stream of sexual references. I wish I had read the common sense media review, before renting it. Are my kids worse off for seeing it? No. Did they laugh? Yes. I recommend you proceed with caution...
Teen, 15 years old Written byNico coolman April 8, 2015

good and a little sexual

sex: 3 1/2 violence: 2 1/2 swearing: 3 funny, but sexual. It might go over kids under 8 or 9's heads, and they'll just think it's funny, for the kid jokes. (which are definetly in there, butt (heehee) only a kid could find them)
Kid, 11 years old November 11, 2014

Funny

Sex- 3 (Mature Themes)
Parent Written byavsavsavs November 4, 2014

very entertaining/well-acted...BUT it's PG-13 for a reason

I made the mistake (on a recommendation from my 8yo kid's friend's mom) of showing this to my 8 and 10yo kids. i'm no prude, but i was shocked...prob because i was expecting a PG experience...this was my fault for going on a recommendation instead of following through w researching it myself. we got through 1/3 of it and my kids basically asked me to turn it off... swear words? was not cool but ok (for my kids) ass pinching? was weird for my kids full on mounting and one person stripping the clothes off the other (in a "violent" manner) was disturbing for my kids to watch (esp my 10yo)...and it was at this point I turned it off. and looked at the rating. and saw I had made a mistake.
Adult Written bytommysportsgirl April 9, 2008

Skip it

There are better things to do with your time- like reading a book!
Teen, 14 years old Written byjazzyjammrz April 9, 2008

fun movie!

This is such a good movie! the recording in the courtroom is the kind of thing you may what to cover little kids ears for, but other than that there is really nothing too bad. Good for 11+!

A GOOD BUT NOT APPROAITE

the above read it
Teen, 13 years old Written byyugiohsux April 9, 2008

It's really not that bad

it's good for ages 10 and up in my opinion. but of course, my opinion is not everybody's.
Adult Written bywonder dove November 10, 2012

Funny!!!

Very funny film! Jim Carrey is too much! His character Fletcher is very hyper and energetic. He plays a father who lies too much. His ex-wife is upset when he promises to be there for their son Max, but always has an excuse - he either has an accident or forgets. One day on Max's birthday, he wishes his dad couldn't tell a lie for one day. It comes true and Fletcher is unable to lie as usual, including at work as a lawyer. He embarrasses others, including himself and insults a lot of people. Very hilarious stuff! I think it helps him become a better person in the end. There are some crude jokes and some bad language throughout including an "f" word (PG-13 rating is accurate). Some violence - Fletcher beats himself up in a bathroom. Quite a bit of sexual situations like sleeping with a woman and they're found in bed together, seducing a man - a woman comes on to Fletcher while he's on the phone to his ex-wife. A sex tape is heard as evidence in a court room (found that embarrassing when I was younger!) a man says he "f*cked her brains out" in one scene. This is certainly not comedy for kids, mature 13 or anyone over 14 seems fair.
Teen, 13 years old Written byLoveOwenWilson September 18, 2010

kids and teens...but censored!

Jim Carrey is very funny and proved those who say that very right once again!! love this movie and if others do too....they should watch 'Bruce Almighty' :) hahaha!!!
Adult Written bynduns June 18, 2010

First of all...

Chobitgirl, this movie's rated PG-13. What made you think it was a kid's movie? Furthermore, if you're a kid, why are you labeled as an adult viewer? Are you just trying to be a troll or something? Now that that's out of the way, on with the actual review: This is actually my favorite Jim Carrey movie. Not only is it the same overthetop hilarity we expect from the guy, but it also tells a heartwarming story of a father's relationship with his son. People like CS seem to let Carrey's antics erase that fact from their minds and that shouldn't be the case. If you're looking for a good comedy, I'd highly recommend this.
Parent Written bymattbruns3 October 25, 2015

Not for young viewers

There is a recording in court of sex sounds and there is some other sexual content. A lot of language too. It get's a heavy PG-13.
Kid, 10 years old April 12, 2015

Great, funny Jim Carrey classic

This is a hilarious film. There is one scene where a man and a woman are lying in bed together, it is later implied that they had sex although most little kids will probably think it's their definition of sex (Lovey-dovey stuff), but they still won't get grossed out (As in ewww love). There is some language such as b*stard, d*ck, pr*ck, sh*t and b*tch. One instance of go**amn. The worst violence is when Fletcher comically, but graphically beats himself up. He punches himself in the face thrice, rubs soap in his eyes and slams his head against a toilet seat, when someone asks what he's doing, he replies "I'm kicking my a*s. I think anyone 9+ can watch this film
Adult Written byWeron May 30, 2012

super super comedy from jim carrey ! but some hot scenes and i rating 13+

Parent Written byshanerocks April 5, 2012

Hilarious!

Excellent movie! Some sex related humor and language, but overall hilarious!!
Kid, 10 years old February 27, 2009

Funny but a little bad!

The movie is hilarious. But they say s___ and d___ alot.
Teen, 16 years old Written byHeheGonzalo August 16, 2016