All member reviews for Life as We Know It

Predictable romcom explores mature aspects of parenting.

Parent of a 9, 11, 14, 16, and 17 year old Written bymother_of_5 October 7, 2010

good for ages 11 and up. some kissing-not that bad

It was very approperate. Not nearly as much sexuality as I would have expected. It was extreamly funny, and had some good parenting humor. (not perverted) I expected it to be worse because it was rated PG13, but really it wasn't bad. If you dont want the end spoiled- quit reading, At the beginning it is just a boy and girl that tried dating and failed, but at the end they fall in love and become very mature. *Note at the beginning, the male isnt a good role model, but he becomes one at the end.
Teen, 14 years old Written byTotally500 March 20, 2011

It will make you laugh

This is a fine film that will make you laugh. Seriousy it will make you laugh
Parent of a 6, 8, and 10 year old Written bysimon827 December 26, 2010

Great for parents but not lower than teens.

Great for grownups, but ot a kids movie.
Parent of a 3 and 6 year old Written byTTU03Grad March 4, 2011

Not for kids

PG-13? Not in my house!
Teen, 15 years old Written byazchachi December 20, 2010

LOVED THE MOVIE!!!!!!!

Totaly loved this movie!!!! I watched it with my bff since kindergarten! We both loved the movie! It was super cute! But, if you dont really let your kids watch PG-13 movies then....ehh....:-/
Parent of a 11 year old Written byavrilnyc October 13, 2010

predicatble, innocuous, and cute

Very predictable movie. Nothing that is not shown on TV at 6 pm. Main characters are cute and responsible.
Parent of a 11 year old Written byfamilylover839 October 6, 2010

I throughly enjoyed it. The sexual content is kept to a mininum, and mainly focuses on parenting jokes, (i.e.- many many diapers:) I would definatly let my kids ages 11 and up go see it(:
Teen, 16 years old Written byNoobiantor13 March 1, 2014

I watched this movie when i was about 14 or 15 and It is a really heart warming movie. There is a few iffy topics in there, but overall its a great movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written byvballglam August 2, 2013

one of my favorites

My best friend and I watched this movie when we were both 13 although it is fantastic, we probably should have waited until we were a little older though. we were very mature about it too. there is an implied sexual encounter and many sexual references. There is some brief, stronger language. But it is one of my favorite movies!!!!!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byTFJ July 25, 2013

So Sweet

This movie is just so sweet. There is some sex and nudity but not much love this film!!!!!!!!!
Parent of an infant, 6, and 8 year old Written byMomma comma July 16, 2013

Katherine hiegel+ josh duhamel = the best

Holly gets drunk and her and meiser eat pot brownies. Some sex scenes aka in bed together. Families can mix together if you try hard. Plus families are amazing to have if you try. Holly is an amazing person and a hardworking mom and baker. She rubs off. The baby is adorable.
Adult Written byMovieLover92 May 16, 2013

Wonderful movie for adults but not for young kids

I found this movie in the five dollar bin at Wal-Mart and I picked it up because I have never seen it before and I noticed it had Katherine Heigl in it and I always love the films that she's in. I started watching this film and I fell in love with it. It has a really good message about parenting, trying to find your soul mate, sacrifices, and life in general. It really teaches a lesson that you may go around looking for the perfect man/woman but sometime they are just staring right at you the whole entire time and you may not always see it with a "bam" the first time you see them. It also teaches us that there is no such thing as perfect parenting. All couples make a few mistakes when parenting and no one is always right when doing it. This is a really great movie to watch for adults but I wouldn't recommend it for young kids.
Teen, 13 years old Written byluvpink February 22, 2012

Uplifting and Funny all at once

This movie teaches teens in a funny way about the good and the bad of being parents. I love Katherine Heigl! She is a great actress! There were some sexual refrences and a love scene but nothing graphic in this scene the two main characters are drunk. Sophie's parents are killed in a car accident but it is not shown on screen. Overall it is a funny, lighthearted, and uplifting movie.
Parent of a 10 year old Written bymileycyruse54 February 13, 2012

ON 11+

Okay for 11+ some sexual things and strong language: but a good movie Sophie's parents die but it is mild and it isn't shown but is talked about. Holly and Messer don't smoke weed but they bake it in brownies and eat it!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byliltrout February 5, 2012

One of my All-Time Favorite Movies!

All I can say is .... What a movie! The one thing I love about this movie is that the movie is so Real! What I mean by that is this movie is one of the few movies that describe a normal lifestyle. These days, all movies are about are these Amazing love stories that always end with these Incredible happy endings when in reality, that rarely happens! This movie is a perfect example of a realist and normal problem/lifestyle that most humans went through or are going through now. So there's Drugs and sexual content involved, but for most, that's part of life. Don't let the PG-13 label stop you from having your child see it. Because Honestly, This Movie Describes such an Amazing Concrete Life-Story that should be seen by all!
Parent Written byIKnowThat.. December 11, 2011

Great Movie but be sure around kids

It is a great a great movie but you need to make sure your child understands and that you are okay with them watching it.
Kid, 8 years old November 5, 2011

Life as We Know It is good but the sex is sort of the porpose

It's a really good movie but some of the adults talk about sex around the beginning but then not much
Parent of a 10 and 14 year old Written by4mountains September 8, 2011

Not appropriate

My husband and I watched this with our 14 year old daughter and were very uncomfortable and disappointed. It has way too many gratuitous sexual references. Sometimes these kinds of things can be funny, but the writing is so bad in this movie. That's not the real problem, though. In this media saturated society, my husband and I are trying to teach our daughter that sex should be saved for marriage - not an easy task. Movies like this make our job much harder. Casual hookups are the norm, media would like us to think. We found this movie inane, inappropriate, and to be a bad influence. Unfortunately, many of our daughter's friends have seen this movie, which doesn't give me much hope for the ability of the young teens of today to make wise relationship choices.
Kid, 11 years old August 17, 2011

I'm 11 and I thought it was inapropriate

Alot of bad words. We imply that messer and holly make love. Messer and holly eat brownies with pot in them.
Teen, 14 years old Written bysoccerchic June 19, 2011

something you might worry about if getting ready to show your kids

this movie is something my parents wouldn't agree with at all since we are christians but i watched it with a friend and didn't really know what to say to them...something my parents would definatley had an issue with was the sex...sex is implied throughout the intire movie and the main characters cook marajuana in their brownies after having sexual relations...they are shown in bed together and i don't think she had a shirt on and early on in the movie they showed him being irresponsible with his one-night stands...though you never see him actually having sex it is implied more than once and though i would say it was fine my parents feel differently about movie's than i do and as a parent i would advise you to watch the movie before allowing your teen or child to see it because depending on how strict you are vs. how i feel about different situations you may not agree with what i have stated as being the main issues