All member reviews for Life Is Beautiful

Wrenching Holocaust fable with bittersweet humor.

Kid, 12 years old March 14, 2010

wonderful, heartbreaking holocaust story is excellent!

I love this movie!!!!! Although the begining was a bit boring the ending was really unexspected and wonderful!
Teen, 13 years old Written bysavvyanna13 April 9, 2008

Life really is Beautiful!!!

A heartwarming movie!!!
Adult Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

A great movie and profound comedy set in a concentration camp.

A brilliant film, which shows how art can triumph and flourish despite the most horrible of settings.
Teen, 14 years old Written byactress4jesus April 11, 2011

Beautiful!

Oh. My. Gosh. Best. Movie. Ever. If you ever need a movie to watch, WATCH THIS MOVIE. Its a beautifully poignant movie on a father's love and ultimate sacrifice for his family. The main character is the picture of a respectful love and husband, treating his wife like a "Princessa." He is the comic relief that also makes you cry with the wonder at how sacrificing a man could be. My favorite part had to be the one when the mother was sorting through clothes at the camp, the husband and child get on the intercom and he says, "BONJURNO PRINCESSA!" WATCH. THIS. MOVIE.
Teen, 15 years old Written bymovienerd189 September 8, 2013

Stole one of Saving Private Ryan's Oscars, but still good.

Good, heartwarming film about a father trying to shield his son from the horrors of WW2. Most well-known for stealing Tom Hanks' third Oscar for Saving Private Ryan, which is a better film I might add, this film still has merit enough to recommend for a watch. Tramatic scene at end with (SPOILER ALERT) Roberto Beginini's character getting shot (END OF SPOILERS), but overall appropriate for kids.
Kid, 11 years old February 27, 2013

Beautiful

Really lives up to its title. It is a brilliant movie with an amazing cast. But like life,it'sad ...and funny. You should watch it anyway.
Kid, 12 years old August 12, 2010

Heavy themes

Great movie but sad after first 30 minutes.
Educator Written byfif April 5, 2009

I give it an A++

Roberto Benigni's finest work. Amazing film about the holocaust and how a positive outlook can affect the lives of others. I laughed, I cried. A hard movie to watch at times because of the subject matter (Holocaust), but necessary to the story. Most teens can handle and even appreciate it.

Wow...

I have seen my dad cry twice... once when my grandpa died, and once when watching this movie. The actor playing Guido can be humerous, slightly manic,heartwarming and heartbreaking. This si a beautiful story of the strength of those involved in the Holocaust. Dubbed very well.
Teen, 13 years old Written byIan April 9, 2008

Great movie.

Talk of holocuast violence, one main character is shot and buried in a mass grave, one is gassed, much takes place in German concentration-work camp. Menntions and references of crematoria, death of adults and children, making love, but these are minor and probably appropriate. Heartwarming drama-tragicomedy.
Kid, 11 years old November 22, 2014

Beautiful.

Life is Beautiful is truly one of the greatest Holocaust movies of all time. It weaves the stories of a young romance, Jewish life in World War II, and the relationship between a father and his son. Parents, be warned that there is a multitude of violence, as the movie is set in a Jewish concentration camp, and there are many dark themes about death. Many main characters are threatened with dying, and one is revealed to be executed in a gas chamber after being tricked. Another character is led into an alley where he is shot and killed, orphaning his son. Although tragedy is threaded throughout the movie, happy tones appear as well. The romance between the two major characters is sweet and heartwarming, and the life before the concentration camp is very joyous and carefree. Be prepared and bring a Jumbo-size pack of tissues.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMovie reviews November 3, 2014

Life is beautiful

It's the most heart-renching, tear-jerking movie you will EVER see. The reason I say 2+ can watch it is because it will change you forever and EVERYBODY needs it see this movie. Sure if it wasn't so meaningful I'd NEVER in 1,000,000 years let a 2-year-old watch this movie, as it's so horribly sad, but a movie EVERYBODY needs to see.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysongstruck22 August 1, 2014

Grab some tissue boxes!

This movie will make you cry and will make you smile! The main character tries to protect his son from the truth using humor and makes it into a game. The movie shows a view of how life was like during the War
Teen, 16 years old Written byPhillipians4verse8 July 14, 2013

One of my favorites

one of my all time favorites!
Teen, 16 years old Written bygratefuldeadfan November 16, 2010

Amazing Movie

Captivating movie, tasteful, humerus, brilliant plot and storyline, but also very heart breaking. I highly recommend it.
Adult Written byaamir_ash9 September 15, 2010

i watched this when i was a kid so i don't think age matters much!

it's just amazing how the father protects his child's innocence but very sad when he's killed in that alley later on.. that wud make anyone cry! but the movie is amazing! :)
Teen, 15 years old Written byAdept August 20, 2010

La Vita e Bella!

This movie is wonderful-- a subtle but heart rending story of a father's love for his family, and how he keeps them together even in the worst of scenarios. Don't miss it.
Teen, 16 years old Written bymfromp April 9, 2008