All member reviews for Life of Pi

Teen, 13 years old Written byBeckyBooHooHoo June 5, 2013

THE WONDERFUL LIFE OF PI!

Heart-breaking story, you just sit there in tears with a soggy tissue since you have been crying so much. Its a brilliant film but you will find that you throat throbs since theres some sad emotional events, but since your past that you find out the life of Pi and Richard Parker [a beautiful lion that was raised in Pi's zoo may be quite violent but is very cuddly<3] so thinking of watching it now that I have told you? I would because you would love it!
Teen, 17 years old Written bymoviebuff6996 June 3, 2013

Cast Away on a boat with problematic spiritual elements

“Although the photography is stunning as well as the camera angles; the movie ultimately isn’t that good because of its plodding pace, muddled problematic spirituality, clichéd survival story (Think Cast Away on a boat instead of an island. Instead of a volleyball think a tiger) and an ending that wasn’t executed properly even if it does make you think”.
Kid, 12 years old May 31, 2013

Amazing!

Im 12 years old and I found the graphics were amazing and it had a great message. I love animals, but if you look away for the 2 seconds that animals die. I had tears but it was a great emotional rollercoaster. Plus it's not like the animals are really dying, it's fake. Children need to learn that it happens and we need to think of the positives. The animals could've starved, it's better this way.
Kid, 12 years old May 28, 2013

Worth watching

I think the movie, The Life of Pie is an okay movie, it has some good moments, but it can get dull. The beginning of the movie is not that good, but once hes on the boat with the tiger it starts to get better. I think you should go out and decide on your own if you like it or not. It also has an ending that you get to pretty much decide what happened through the movie. I think the Life of Pie is an okay movie and I would recommend it to families. It is worth watching to see what you think about the movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written byClancyR May 28, 2013

It's a Go

I think this was a really good movie full of action and suspense. There is mild violence between the tiger and Pi, a zebra, mircats, and a hiena. It is constantly leaving you wondering what is going to happen next. Pi is a great role model because he is brave, smart, and strong. In the end it tell you two stories and leaves you wondering which one is true. Overall I give it a thumbs up for people 12 and older.
Teen, 13 years old Written byemcfa3000 May 27, 2013

WATCH IT. WATCH IT NOW.

Very, very, very good film. Will be remembered. Might be sad even for adults at times but as long as you or your kid isn't too sensitive it's fine to watch.
Teen, 13 years old Written byIsaac6 May 23, 2013

The Life of Pi

This movie is a very good movie with a lot of good graphics. This movie is about a young indian boy raised in an indian culture. After a scene were Pi's family was killed Pi was stuck in the middle of the ocean with no one but a few animals. This is a great movie and I really enjoyed it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKayla502802 May 23, 2013

the journey with a tiger

this is about a little boy growing up.He gets a different name for being smart.He finds a girl he likes and right at that moment.His dad tells them they are moving to Canada and he goes on an journey with a tiger.They have good times and bad. But they make it out of the mess they were in
Teen, 13 years old Written bymkohler May 23, 2013

Great movie

The movie life of pi was a very good movie had amazing cgi and graphics. It was a story of a boy who was shipwrecked and had to survive on a lifeboat with a tiger. Another story is also told with no amazing stuff in it. It was supposed to be a story with no things that weren't believable. It keeps you wondering and asks the question: Which story do you think is true?
Teen, 13 years old Written byB-Capps22 May 23, 2013

Amazing Story

Life of Pi is a movie about a man named Pi who is involved in a shipwreck. He has to face hardships of losing his family and has to share a boat with a tiger. He has to learn to live with the tiger. The movie has amazing scenery and has a good story. I would rate this movie a 4 out of 5 stars.
Teen, 14 years old Written byAnnieC May 22, 2013

life of pi

Life of Pi is an inspiring movie about a teenage boy, Pi, and a tiger, Richard Parker, stranded in the middle of the ocean. Pi struggles to "I e with Richard Parker, but eventually they learn to trust each other. Their adventures include storms, a carnivorous island, and multiple fishing troubles. I really liked how it was open ended and lets you decide which story to believe. This movie had a lot of different world views about religion and many other things. This movie also has tons of amazing computer effects. It's not my favorite movie, but I would still recommend it to other people.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymovie_lover_ May 17, 2013

Fine for 14yr olds - must see

Amazing special effects and imagery! Quite a sad film in the end, but definitely enjoyed it. Some parts violent between the animals killing each other, nothing it really shown though so nothing major. Really positive role models and messages based around determination to never give up, faith and friendship. Pi is a strong and courageous character, the ending is very clever and unexpected.
Kid, 11 years old May 15, 2013

Sad, harrowing, intense movie not for young kids.

NOT FOR UNDER 10, PAUSE 11-12, OK 13 and UP. AMAZING SPECIAL EFFECTS, SCENERY, DRAMA, STORY, AND, EVERYTHING. Sad, harrowing movie for a PG that you should be cautious about. Much more than an adventure tale. Beautifully-designed opening credits, not to mention stunning special effects, and a great 3D fantasy sequence that's kinda weird. It's about a French-Indian teen boy who tells the story of his life to a journalist/writer, covering everything from religion, to faith, to predatory animal behaviour, to survival. The real fun starts half-an-hour in, if you really get into it. Younger kids may find it too slow, older kids will appreciate it and teens and adults; they will love it as soon as they get the jist. It's mainly about a shipwreck survivor, named/called Pi Patel (bullied as "P---ing Patel", who has to share a ship with a tiger, a hyena, an orang-utan and a zebra. Good twists and turns, funny, huge, comedy, nice, packed-in drama, etc. ANIMAL LOVERS BE WARNED, SKIP 3 LINES: A goat is put out of his misery off-screen by a tiger, most of the boat animals are put out of their misery in silhouette, and, we see the wounded zebra repeatedly; also, fish are battered outside of the screen (a cool letter-box technique). - ANIMAL VIOLENCE OVER. Language includes 'p---ing', and adult themes include religion, faith, survival, poverty, and, socially complex issues, too. All-in-all, a good movie. No sexuality, drugs or nudity, but there is animal blood shed and previously-mentioned language and adult themes. PLUS, IT IS EVEN MORE EMOTIONAL THAN AVATAR EVER WAS. Thankyou for reading my review.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymovielover7271 May 8, 2013

Pretty good

Lots of amazing visual effects and emotional scenes in this strongly supported and entertaining film. Pretty good
Kid, 11 years old April 22, 2013

Should Have Won Oscar!!!!!

Not much swearing just pissing. It is kind of violent because (spoiler Alert) animals eat each other,violent storms, and his family dies. Otherwise an amazing movie, the visual effects are amazing and it has an amazing storyline watch it, it is a great family movie!!!!
Kid, 9 years old April 19, 2013

Horrible movie!

Very intense. Why does President Obama even like this movie? It was intense to watch. - ;( It sends the wrong message: Never go on a boat ever again. And you will hate tigers. If you get nauseous, Life of Pi makes you SEA SICK :(
Kid, 12 years old April 14, 2013

Beautiful

This was such a great film. Ang Lee is truly an amazing director, he was able to make a movie where their are only two main characters (plus 3/4 of the film take place out in the ocean) astounding. Pi is an excellent role model, and the bond between Richard Parker and Pi is inspirational. The animal violence is a little disturbing, but the worst of it happens off screen, and it's nothing a ten-year-old hasn't already seen on Animal Planet.
Kid, 12 years old April 8, 2013

An Excellent Movie

This movie is excellent. It's one of the best movies of 2012. The CGI is amazing. There are some intense scenes that might upset young kids, especialy kids who are sensitive to animals. There are good messages and role models too.
Teen, 13 years old Written byUchiha Aftab March 17, 2013

U need 2 watch this...

It is really a nice movie.....It really shows how inportant Faith and Friendship is...
Kid, 11 years old March 3, 2013

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my gosh!!! This was an amazing movie!!!!!! Im 11 and this movie (even though it was long) was interesting, amazing, and DEFINITELY not boring for me and my 9 year old sister. This is a truly inspiring story and next i am going to read the book. I think anyone and everyone should go see this if you are okay with a little violence, and some more disturbing stuff like people eating people. If you are older than 10 and not a complete scary-cat than you will LOVE this movie.