All member reviews for Lilo and Stitch

Parent of a 5, 13, and 18 year old Written byjenaula September 1, 2010

Not for 5+

I do not agree that this is appropriate for 5+. For example, Lilo asks a special agent "have you killed someone before?" Also, language includes more than just "butt"...words like "idiot" and stupid" are used to demean others. I generally find that common sense ratings are good, but in this case I agree with the MPAA more - there is a reason this is rated PG and kids under 7 should not see it. For older kids who can handle more sophisticated themes, the movie has a good message.
Kid, 10 years old July 27, 2010

great nice movie for kids

watched the tv sereis and the 4 movies
Kid, 12 years old March 14, 2010

I don't know what disney would have done without stitch! He is awsome and so are the movies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Adult Written bytomhuntington April 9, 2008

too scary for a four year old

Enter Review Here I saw good reviews in the paper but I had to walk out because it was too frightening for my four year boy.
Adult Written bysagorsch April 9, 2008

Desensitize Fear

This movie is so scary and violent. My husband and I previewed this for our kids and will not allow our children to watch. Stitch this cute character is very violent and a cute young girl Lilo adopts him and changes him. This is a dangerous message to girls that girls can change dangerous people to good. I do not recommend unless the child has a clear understanding of behaviour types and that no one can change anyone who is dangerous.
Adult Written bymegan ruth April 9, 2008

violent & chaotic

I can't understand why people say this movie is about peaceful beautiful Hawaii. The nice scenes of Hawaii last about 5 minutes, the entire rest of the movie is chaotic, violent, & disturbing: an aggressive rabid-appearing alien, long drawn out chase sequences involving shooting, a mean "social-worker" threatening a young woman with losing guardianship of her sister. Watching this movie stressed me out - not what I expect from children's entertainment. My kids are not timid or overly sensitive, but I won't let them watch this movie - the chaotic & threatening world that it portrays simply isn't fun to watch.
Parent Written byLeeldoo October 12, 2012

some unexpected items in movie.

We watched this with our 3 and almost 6 yo. We were surprised that the main character bites/pushes/kicks/etc. when angry and that the alien Stitch also pushes, hits, bears sharp teeth/claws. My almost 6 year old tried to emulate scratching right after the movie (Said he was pretending to be Stitch) Also, the phrase "stupidhead" is used a couple times in the movie. There is a good bit of laser goo shooting and the reference to Lilo's parent's death. We talked about a good bit about these topics as a family both during and after the movie. The showing really bad behavior to show redeeming qualities in the movie's end didn't work for our family. Just thought others might find these tidbits helpful.
Parent Written bynarbers August 31, 2013

Not for young children!

WARNING: This movie is absolutely NOT appropriate for small children. The language is awful and the subject matter is questionable at best, there is excessive violence and anger displayed from the first second of the movie until we turned it off 30 minutes later. Shame on Disney for another garbage movie that teaches young children to treat others with disrespect. I'm looking forward to tomorrow where my kids will be yelling at each other and using all the new foul language that they learned from this movie.
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 September 22, 2012

lilo and stitch

Families can talk about Lilo's definition of a family: "No one gets left behind." What does family mean to you? Is this movie scarier than other Disney movies (or other cartoon movies in general)? Why or why not? Why didn't Stitch stay the destructive monster he was designed to be? Did anything surprise you in the scenes at the end that showed what happened to Lilo and Stitch and Nani?
Parent of a 4 year old Written byOPs Mom January 22, 2010

Great alternative family movie

My daughter and I love this movie. The message of everyone's family being different, but loving each other the same is great. She loves the soundtrack and wants to visit Hawaii! (and so do I)
Parent of a 4 and 7 year old Written byamandolin December 14, 2013

Worst movie I've let them watch yet

Should have done more research before I let my kids watch it. Both of my kids were huddling under a blanket during some of it and at the end my youngest burst into tears. While my oldest didn't cry, she said she didn't like it and wanted to cuddle (be comforted) the rest of the day. Months after watching it they went to a kids event where one of the things they were going to do was watch a movie (We didn't know yet what was going to be shown). My oldest asked if they HAD to watch the movie and I told her I wasn't sure and I asked her why, since she's ALWAYS bugging me to watch more TV/movies. She said that she never wanted to watch Lilo and Stitch again. Though it had been months since watching Lilo and Stitch, it was still very much on her mind, in a negative way.
Parent of a 5 and 13 year old Written byJA_MIA_Mom July 25, 2011

A great family movie

Love this movie. S cried a little bit she loves it. Think we're on the 4th watch. I love that they have a unconventional family like us.
Teen, 14 years old Written byEspumaMarina September 29, 2010

I may be a little mean to those who appose to this movie, but people frustrate me..... sorry!

Oh my gosh Disney actually showed this on TV tonight, it must have nearly 'Killed' them! I love this movie so much, people take it too seriously, Lilo is a differen't kind of girl who gets treated bad because of her uniqueness (the same way I was treated growing up) and it nearly makes you cry when she says "people treat me differen't" when Nani was trying to explain to her that hurting those girls was wrong. If your kid acts bad, simply tell them NOT to act like that, its a parents job (I'm not trying to bash, I promise) This story is realistic, sweet, and a mix of sy-fy. It is really funny too, I loved it growing up, and I never once hit a person because of the influence of this movie, I hit those kids because they wouldn't leave me alone. Like Lilo when they call her names. Sometimes you really have to understand the characters. And 'oh no!' they used "Butt" and "Idiot"! Never heard of those words before! Dude, I'm sorry, but it is not that bad, they aren't used that much anyway. None of the characters are pure evil or anything, Gantu is the antaginist in this, but he was pretty much just doing his job. The characters can be very easy to love, and they all truely care about eachother. Its very well thought out, the animation is absoultly gorgious as well as the soundtrack, I recomend this movie, its better than loads of that garbage they show now, it actually has a heart put into it.
Kid, 12 years old April 24, 2010

The whole point of a movie is to have a plot. Not every movie can be all goody and happy the whole time and have a cute little story in a magical far away land. Some of you have to lighten up and live a little. Are you purposely trying to make it seem like you only see the bad side to this movie??? If you don't think it's age appropriate, then you probably think that classics such as little house on the prairie are violent because it had a few shooting scenes. The plot is amazing and there are plenty of humorous, memborable lines. Disney isn't always going to be perfect and full of fairytales...it's all tween shows now anyways.
Teen, 13 years old Written byGeodeGem March 21, 2010

Oh my goodness, I loved this movie! It reflects on real life, but makes it more exciting. For really sensitive kids that are afraid of aliens and violence, this movie may concore there fears! I love this movie VERY much, I see pretty much nothing - I repeat NOTHING wrong with it. And for grown ups who think this movie is too violent, lighten up a little, cuz I've seen worse, and I hightly doubt it would affect children emotionaly. If you don't like it, you don't like it. I think Disney channel needs to bring his show back, and show his movies more often - because Dadnapped and all those other bad movies need OFF the air. Go Lilo and Stitch!!
Kid, 12 years old October 2, 2009

Enjoyable lovable movie about Hawaiian girl and her friend, an alien called Stitch. Occasional cartoon violence, but very humorous.
Adult Written byForknose April 9, 2008

Disney has finally done well after a while.

Recently, Disney hasn't made that great of movies. This movie was great, even being a teenager I loved it. My sister was 4 when she saw it and it was a favorite of hers then. The sequel wasn't that good and the show is worse. If only they could have made the sequel better.... (This one rocked tho).
Adult Written byDexterSmith April 9, 2008

Cute film, OK for kids 5+

Sexual Content (Not an Issue): None. Violence (Pause): Some peril. Language (Not an Issue): None. Social Behavior (On): Friendship and tolerance are major themes of the movie. Strong female and minority characters. Commercialism (Not an Issue): None. Drug/Alcohol/Tobacco (Not an Issue): None.
Parent of a 3 and 5 year old Written byHook316 December 3, 2012

Perhaps traumatic for young ones?

My five year old burst into tears when the girl was taken hostage and away from her family. I definitely think this should be targeted to older or more mature kids.
Parent of a 5 year old Written bycry4dawn August 12, 2012

A great hawaiian culture movie

This is a heart warming story about two sisters trying to make it after their parents die. A great tribute to the hawaiian spirit. be prepared to explain some of the family dynamics to younger children. My 5 year old god a little weepy when he thought they were taking Lilo away permanently