All member reviews for Lilo and Stitch

Cute story, great characters, fabulous soundtrack.

Parent of a 5 year old Written bycry4dawn August 12, 2012

A great hawaiian culture movie

This is a heart warming story about two sisters trying to make it after their parents die. A great tribute to the hawaiian spirit. be prepared to explain some of the family dynamics to younger children. My 5 year old god a little weepy when he thought they were taking Lilo away permanently
Teen, 13 years old Written byAbe1998 March 28, 2012

Good family movie. Had sad parts

It was pretty good. Had some sad parts, but had a happy ending. Pleakly's pretty funny. For families's sake, there's one part where Lilo hits a girl (and bites her). Not really much to say; alien invasions, a broken family, yada yada yada.
Kid, 12 years old October 2, 2011

Great movie!

L-to-the-O-to-the-V-to-the-E! Love the movie! Lilo is my fav non-CGI Disney character, bar none. Sure, Tiana is second, but THAT review is comin' soon. Anyway, as I eat carrots and type this review, I would like to say that I wish I could be watching it right now. Anyone who says that it's "too violent" or "too much language" is incorrect. Anyone who is violent in the movie is clearly shown as wrong in the end, plus, if your kid, as my parents would say, "gets ideas", make sure they get tested for things like ADHD. No offense, and I REALLY MEAN no offense, I just think that if your child doesn't get the message, it's probably for a reason. I am truly sorry if you thought that was rude. And "butt" is not really a swear word in my family, but I know that some people are even stricter than my parents. And "idiot", "stupid", and the like are not really swears in my family as long as: 1. The one using those words is at least 4; 2. The one using those words btwn ages 4-6 is using them to describe an object/is fictional, and 3. The one using those words 6+ isn't descibing a parent that way/is clearly wrong and fictional. Then again, there are always exceptions toTHAT rule! Well, at any rate, I love this movie. I hope you do, too!
Teen, 13 years old Written byitsme3232 February 12, 2011

This movie is great for all ages. Its full of great messages, like everything from female independence to friendship to proper behavior to emotional security. Lilo and Stitch is also a very cute and funny movie, and can be a tear jerker. It will make children in an unconventional family unit feel ok about their situation, and that its ok to be different. There are quotes in this movie that even adults can appreciate, like when Lilo says "Ohana means family, and family means nobody get left behind, or forgotten." ,which teaches family values.
Parent of a 2 and 4 year old Written byr.A.i. September 28, 2010

Run, do not walk from this one.

Following common sense's recommendation I had my 5 year old watch it. Soon my daughter started beating up her little sister, as Lilo beats up her school buddies. Ala Disney's tradition, this movie models bad behavior to later try to turn it into a positive moral. For my 5 year old, all she saw was how if you are mad then you can beat up others.
Kid, 11 years old February 15, 2010

One Of The Best Disney Hand Drawn Movies Ever!

This is one of my favorite classic hand-drawn Disney movies made. Perfect for younger kids who don't mind learning about family.
Kid, 12 years old November 26, 2009

Loved it

I saw this when I was 5! and I loved it!
Parent of a 7 and 8 year old Written byqtnn January 11, 2009
Adult Written byIzzieDee April 9, 2008

Highly enjoyable, beautiful and unique

The movie trailers did not appeal to me and did not really describe well what the movie is about. When I saw it on video with my 6 and 9 year old, I was delighted with the beauty and color of the Hawaiian setting. The music is great, the emphasis on family togetherness is wonderful, without being sugary, like Disney often is. The creature, Stitch, is a complex character and believable. I found it a very positive film with believable characters. There are some noisy and frightening scenes because the characters are in danger. But it is not excessive, I feel. It might seem more intense in a movie theatre if a young child is sensitive to loud noises, like my youngest is.
Adult Written byRob Clowes June 29, 2015

Great movie with strong ethical backdrop, lovely characterisation and brilliant and appealing central characters. Beautifully designed and nicely drawn too if not quite up to Disney´s best (some backgrounds look a bit cheaply done). However I was somewhat misled by the reviews on here and my almost five year old found it much to much to handle. There are scenes of real emotional danger and threat and I think even some sensitive children above the age of five may find it hard to handle. We had to run the last twenty minutes of the film on fast forward to get to the 'happy ending' so my son could see that it all turned out alright. Before that he started howling at a kidnapping scene. Be careful with this. It all I think it´s one of Disney´s best later movies (although it looks a little 2D at times), but that it´s better for 6 and 7 year olds up. I´d also be careful if your child is sensitive as the most appealing characters are in peril for a sizable proportion of the movie. All this said the characters are very appealing and exist in a believable contemporary world facing real issues and so I think this is actually a fine movie when shown to the right age group.
Kid, 8 years old June 28, 2015

Fantastic kids movie has some peril but no gore, language, drugs, nudity, racy content.

My rating:G
Teen, 14 years old Written byEthan Does “eth... June 25, 2015

ONE OF THE BEST DISNEY MOVIES OF ALL TIME!!

I love lilo snd stitch.min fact i even have the stitch tsum tsum.its really funny.but the ending was really sad :( but i dont understand why is it not rated g.but anyways yeah i liked it it was awesome
Adult Written byglorythief May 25, 2015

I love this movie

I was 5 when this movie came out, now 18. My parents took me to see it I had no problems. I wasn't a sensitive child at all so the "scary" parts weren't scary. I truly believe it's a good movie, especially for kids. Sure some of the use of idiot and stupid might be concerning for parents, but you teach your kids to not say them. It's not like other kids aren't going to say them in preschool and kindergarten. The movie highly focuses on family and shows that just because you're different doesn't make you a bad person. It teaches kids that you can choose your own path and just because someone says you're one thing doesn't mean you can't be something other than that. I believe it teaches kids independence and free thinking. Obviously not all parents are going to think the same way as me, as I'm not a parent. Free thinking is something I find very important. Stitch is an adorable and lovable character that shows you can grow and change. Lilo teaches that you shouldn't judge based your judgement on appearances and not to give up on thing you love. There is violence, but it's part of the storyline and as long as your child isn't sensitive it shouldn't bother them. Of course parents are entitled to their opinions on the subject and should go with their instincts as to whether their child would benefit from the messages in this movie. I babysit two young children 3 and 1 1/2 and I'm not going to show them this because I know the three year old would be scared and their mother might not approve. However IF they were my children or I had my own I wouldn't hesitate to show them this. My parents didn't shelter me and I think it has been helpful to me as an adult. TL;DR: I love the movie and think that it is a must watch as long as your child is mature enough to handle the slight violence and knows better than to parrot everything they hear.
Parent Written bykirapuppy December 3, 2014

Written byAnonymous December 2, 2014

best family movie of the year

My rating:PG for rude humor and mild action
Parent of a 5 year old Written bydulciew August 18, 2014

Disappointing and scary for my almost 5-year-old

I have had a really hard finding movies for 5 and under available on Netflix streaming. I thought this would be funny and it was listed as "critically-acclaimed" which seemed promising, but my daughter, who turns 5 in a week, thought it was really scary and I thought it was bad. Not funny, not clever, and the characters were all unpleasant.
Teen, 14 years old Written byWebkinzEvelyn July 4, 2014

The best movie EVER!

I watched this and was obsessed with it when I was 3 or 4. Also Stitch as an alien! They are not monsters they are aliens. But yes this is a funny and rather cute film. I would show it to my children any time! :)
Kid, 12 years old June 20, 2014

I hate to say it, but this is better than Frozen (or any other movie I've ever seen)

Let me start off by saying: watch. Get off this website right now, go over to Netflix or Video On-Demand, and watch it. Lilo and Stitch is officially my favorite movie of all time! There are just so many good things about: Lots of action, lots of jokes, and beleive it or not, lots of drama. Violence: The action in the movie is cartoonish and mostly played for laughs. There is some voilence like a house catching fire (but it eventaully gets rebuilt) a character attacking another character and biting her arm, and a lot of weapons like ray guns. Comedy: There are tons of funny jokes, none of which are inappropriate. Drama: The film is a Comedy-Drama, meaning there will be some jokes and some dramatic parts, and this film actaully is really sad. Of course it has a jokes and its funny parts but it also has a ton of sad parts. I am a tween and even I cried during the sad parts. I rated this film for ages 8 and up becuase of the drama and the plot. The movie itself is appropriate for little kids, but some parts of the film are too depressing for young kids or kids may not understand (I watched this when I was 10 and I didn't understand some of the plot because I was too young, I watched it again when i was 12 and it made more sense). In conclusion, this is a great film for the entire family and will most likely make you shed a few tears.
Teen, 17 years old Written byCailynAlexis June 13, 2014

Heartwarming Disney Film That Will Charm Both Kids and Adults Alike

Although there is some sci-fi action and some scary moments to look at for younger viewers, there is nothing inappropriate or too strong in this movie. The messages are great. The whole film is basically about family and realizing who you are and where you belong. A good recommendation for kids, parents, and Disney fans.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMarco5B May 17, 2014

Best Disney Movie Yet!!!!!!