All member reviews for Lilo and Stitch

Cute story, great characters, fabulous soundtrack.

Teen, 13 years old Written byAbe1998 March 28, 2012

Good family movie. Had sad parts

It was pretty good. Had some sad parts, but had a happy ending. Pleakly's pretty funny. For families's sake, there's one part where Lilo hits a girl (and bites her). Not really much to say; alien invasions, a broken family, yada yada yada.
Kid, 12 years old October 2, 2011

Great movie!

L-to-the-O-to-the-V-to-the-E! Love the movie! Lilo is my fav non-CGI Disney character, bar none. Sure, Tiana is second, but THAT review is comin' soon. Anyway, as I eat carrots and type this review, I would like to say that I wish I could be watching it right now. Anyone who says that it's "too violent" or "too much language" is incorrect. Anyone who is violent in the movie is clearly shown as wrong in the end, plus, if your kid, as my parents would say, "gets ideas", make sure they get tested for things like ADHD. No offense, and I REALLY MEAN no offense, I just think that if your child doesn't get the message, it's probably for a reason. I am truly sorry if you thought that was rude. And "butt" is not really a swear word in my family, but I know that some people are even stricter than my parents. And "idiot", "stupid", and the like are not really swears in my family as long as: 1. The one using those words is at least 4; 2. The one using those words btwn ages 4-6 is using them to describe an object/is fictional, and 3. The one using those words 6+ isn't descibing a parent that way/is clearly wrong and fictional. Then again, there are always exceptions toTHAT rule! Well, at any rate, I love this movie. I hope you do, too!
Teen, 13 years old Written byitsme3232 February 12, 2011

This movie is great for all ages. Its full of great messages, like everything from female independence to friendship to proper behavior to emotional security. Lilo and Stitch is also a very cute and funny movie, and can be a tear jerker. It will make children in an unconventional family unit feel ok about their situation, and that its ok to be different. There are quotes in this movie that even adults can appreciate, like when Lilo says "Ohana means family, and family means nobody get left behind, or forgotten." ,which teaches family values.
Parent of a 2 and 4 year old Written byr.A.i. September 28, 2010

Run, do not walk from this one.

Following common sense's recommendation I had my 5 year old watch it. Soon my daughter started beating up her little sister, as Lilo beats up her school buddies. Ala Disney's tradition, this movie models bad behavior to later try to turn it into a positive moral. For my 5 year old, all she saw was how if you are mad then you can beat up others.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBlueSunday September 19, 2010

Extremely Good

This is a real great movie, I saw it when I was really little and loved it. The characters (Lilo and Nani) are still trying to get over the loss of their parents, and can be at eachothers throats when they're angry, but instead of doing something seriously dirastic, they scream into a pillow. As normal, the sisters argue, but Nani was only angry because she had a social worker over, and it looked like she was a bad gardian and she doesn't want Lilo taken away. Lilo is consittered weird, so she doesn't really have friends that understand her, so people often call her names. And that happens all the time in society, when people don't understand, they riticule, the same thing happened to me. The characters are all loveable and are relatable. And even though Nani likes David she always turns down his offers because she has to take care of Lilo. Stitch is violent, but he turns out to be a really caring creature, yet some people just can't get over the 'violence' which I dont see as a big deal. The aliens aren't evil, they wanted to protect those on Earth when 626 landed there, Gantue isn't evil, just a hot-head. Yes "Butt" and "Idiot" are used, oh-no, not butt! Seriously, its not that big a deal, shows and movies use that word ALL the time, and all of the characters care about eachother, its all very sweet and dispite the aliens, its still very realistic (I personally think aliens are real) and it could even cure your childs' fear of aliens, so don't over react and let the kids see it, you can't over protect them or they'll rebel. This movie is just amazing, and so is the animation.
Kid, 11 years old February 15, 2010

One Of The Best Disney Hand Drawn Movies Ever!

This is one of my favorite classic hand-drawn Disney movies made. Perfect for younger kids who don't mind learning about family.
Kid, 12 years old November 26, 2009

Loved it

I saw this when I was 5! and I loved it!
Parent of a 7 and 8 year old Written byqtnn January 11, 2009
Adult Written byIzzieDee April 9, 2008

Highly enjoyable, beautiful and unique

The movie trailers did not appeal to me and did not really describe well what the movie is about. When I saw it on video with my 6 and 9 year old, I was delighted with the beauty and color of the Hawaiian setting. The music is great, the emphasis on family togetherness is wonderful, without being sugary, like Disney often is. The creature, Stitch, is a complex character and believable. I found it a very positive film with believable characters. There are some noisy and frightening scenes because the characters are in danger. But it is not excessive, I feel. It might seem more intense in a movie theatre if a young child is sensitive to loud noises, like my youngest is.
Parent Written bykirapuppy December 3, 2014

Teen, 14 years old Written byJimmy brew December 2, 2014

best family movie of the year

My rating:PG for rude humor and mild action
Parent of a 5 year old Written bydulciew August 18, 2014

Disappointing and scary for my almost 5-year-old

I have had a really hard finding movies for 5 and under available on Netflix streaming. I thought this would be funny and it was listed as "critically-acclaimed" which seemed promising, but my daughter, who turns 5 in a week, thought it was really scary and I thought it was bad. Not funny, not clever, and the characters were all unpleasant.
Teen, 14 years old Written byWebkinzEvelyn July 4, 2014

The best movie EVER!

I watched this and was obsessed with it when I was 3 or 4. Also Stitch as an alien! They are not monsters they are aliens. But yes this is a funny and rather cute film. I would show it to my children any time! :)
Kid, 12 years old June 20, 2014

I hate to say it, but this is better than Frozen (or any other movie I've ever seen)

Let me start off by saying: watch. Get off this website right now, go over to Netflix or Video On-Demand, and watch it. Lilo and Stitch is officially my favorite movie of all time! There are just so many good things about: Lots of action, lots of jokes, and beleive it or not, lots of drama. Violence: The action in the movie is cartoonish and mostly played for laughs. There is some voilence like a house catching fire (but it eventaully gets rebuilt) a character attacking another character and biting her arm, and a lot of weapons like ray guns. Comedy: There are tons of funny jokes, none of which are inappropriate. Drama: The film is a Comedy-Drama, meaning there will be some jokes and some dramatic parts, and this film actaully is really sad. Of course it has a jokes and its funny parts but it also has a ton of sad parts. I am a tween and even I cried during the sad parts. I rated this film for ages 8 and up becuase of the drama and the plot. The movie itself is appropriate for little kids, but some parts of the film are too depressing for young kids or kids may not understand (I watched this when I was 10 and I didn't understand some of the plot because I was too young, I watched it again when i was 12 and it made more sense). In conclusion, this is a great film for the entire family and will most likely make you shed a few tears.
Teen, 17 years old Written byCailynAlexis June 13, 2014

Heartwarming Disney Film That Will Charm Both Kids and Adults Alike

Although there is some sci-fi action and some scary moments to look at for younger viewers, there is nothing inappropriate or too strong in this movie. The messages are great. The whole film is basically about family and realizing who you are and where you belong. A good recommendation for kids, parents, and Disney fans.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMarco5B May 17, 2014

Best Disney Movie Yet!!!!!!

Adult Written byadvocatewhat'sright January 17, 2014

I forgot to review this on December 26, 2012

This is my 14th favorite film from The Walt Disney Animated Classics canon. So far I only reviewed the first 13. OK, I admit, I don't have much to say that hasn't already been said. The story is adorable, the characters are lovable, and there are some great Elvis songs. As I mentioned in my recent review of Liv and Maddie, this aired today on Disney Jr. which reminded my of how great it is. They also aired The Rescuers on November 30, then The Little Mermaid on December 22, then Peter Pan on December 24, then Dumbo on December 28, and best of all, The Fox and the Hound (my favorite film ever along with the original Charlotte's Web) on December 29. 9.5/10
Kid, 9 years old December 30, 2013

cute

it was a cute movie. i loved this movie when i was about 4.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySkyJewelDiamond October 25, 2013

Really great :)

One of the movies that Disney did right, this movie is sensational. It teaches kids that you can find family warmth and love- even when unfortunately, without a complete family. The movie has some very touching and emotional scenes, and has a touch of humour too. A really great movie that sends out the right message to kids.
Teen, 15 years old Written byHaileyMarie July 15, 2013

A Fun and Funny Family Movie!

This is an absolutely brilliant kids movie! It's hilarious too! 'Lilo & Stitch' has a laugh every second! No, violence, sex, language, drinking, drugs, or smoking. Some positive messages and role models. A little educational value. Lilo lives in Hawaii and the film includes a lot of (awesome) Hawaii music. Not really any violence. Some shooting and weird looking aliens, but that's basically all. Suitable for families!