All member reviews for Lilo and Stitch

Cute story, great characters, fabulous soundtrack.

Adult Written byadvocatewhat'sright January 17, 2014

I forgot to review this on December 26, 2012

This is my 14th favorite film from The Walt Disney Animated Classics canon. So far I only reviewed the first 13. OK, I admit, I don't have much to say that hasn't already been said. The story is adorable, the characters are lovable, and there are some great Elvis songs. As I mentioned in my recent review of Liv and Maddie, this aired today on Disney Jr. which reminded my of how great it is. They also aired The Rescuers on November 30, then The Little Mermaid on December 22, then Peter Pan on December 24, then Dumbo on December 28, and best of all, The Fox and the Hound (my favorite film ever along with the original Charlotte's Web) on December 29. 9.5/10
Kid, 9 years old December 30, 2013

cute

it was a cute movie. i loved this movie when i was about 4.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySkyJewelDiamond October 25, 2013

Really great :)

One of the movies that Disney did right, this movie is sensational. It teaches kids that you can find family warmth and love- even when unfortunately, without a complete family. The movie has some very touching and emotional scenes, and has a touch of humour too. A really great movie that sends out the right message to kids.
Teen, 15 years old Written byHaileyMarie July 15, 2013

A Fun and Funny Family Movie!

This is an absolutely brilliant kids movie! It's hilarious too! 'Lilo & Stitch' has a laugh every second! No, violence, sex, language, drinking, drugs, or smoking. Some positive messages and role models. A little educational value. Lilo lives in Hawaii and the film includes a lot of (awesome) Hawaii music. Not really any violence. Some shooting and weird looking aliens, but that's basically all. Suitable for families!
Teen, 17 years old Written byabbacus September 8, 2012

Really good!

Really good but Disney could have done a little better. Fine for most kids.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySlipperyQ July 28, 2012

Couldn't Ask For A Better Message

Lilo and Stitch is probably my favorite Disney movie. I love it with a great passion- it tells a beautiful story about friendship and finding the place where you belong, which are always fun stories to see, but at its heart, I see Lilo and Stitch as a completely different kind of story than most. To me, Lilo and Stitch is about humanity. Lilo is a fantastic heroine, a little girl who struggles to fit in because of her vivid imagination and her boundless faith in the way she sees the world. Towards the beginning of the movie, she asks her older sister if their family is broken because their parents are gone. Lilo feels lost, because the world is so big and she is too little to wade her way through it alone. The social worker is threatening to take her away, because he also feels that Lilo's family is too broken. Lilo is bursting with life and capacity to love. She is light. Stitch is created in space by a mad scientist, engineered to be a weapon of mass destruction, built to embody evil. He is tearing through the universe when he stumbles upon Lilo. But when he sees her light, his darkness cannot stand in contrast to it. His world is dark, but hers is filled with beauty and magnificence. Lilo treats him, not as a demon, but as family; she offers him her love, and he begins to feel lost, as well. He feels something that is very different from his nature and his former experience. But in the end, he is willing to be a part of Lilo's family and embraces her world, because she has taught him what it is to create and to love and to know that there are people in the world that will care about you. She teaches this monster that he can be something better. And in the end, Stitch saves the family Lilo treasures so deeply- "This is my family," he says, in the finest and longest line he says in the entire movie, "It is small, and broken, but it is still good." This is not a story about a girl and her dog. It is not a story about finding a place, or about a family. It is a story about how darkness becomes light, and how a child is able to make the purest evil into good. I think it's about how children, and their imagination and trust and innocence, is the cure to even the greatest of horrors. I think it is a story about the good inside of us can tame our darkness, and how the part of us that was once like Lilo - trusting and loving and truly believing that nobody can be left behind - is perhaps the most powerful thing we have.
Teen, 13 years old Written byJessie rocks February 16, 2012

Let kids watch!

I whole-heartedly agree w/ Jessie kid. On multiple levels. Anyway, yeah, Jessie kid seems to be almost exactly like me!!! Weird, huh? Oh, well. That's beside the point. Anyway, I think that this is a good movie and that you should let your kids watch it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTangiRose February 9, 2012

Misquitoes are an Endangered Species, Ya Know.

I'm such a geek. I love movies about aliens (Such as E.T. or Star Wars). However, I also love movies about warm, sunny locations (Such as Soul Surfer or Dolphin Tale). Combine those two things, added in an irresistable art style and a great cast, and you get Lilo & Stitch. True, it has a good message, but I tend to not care. Just gives me an excuse to watch it every other day with my two-year-old sister. FUN FACT: Some elements of Lilo & Stitch were based off of Nickelodeon's Invader Zim. For example: Stitch has a weakness to water, the Escape cabs were based off of Zim's Voot Cruiser, and the Grand Councilwoman is very tall, with green skin and shiny eyes. Have I said eneough? Also, the voice for Pleakly previously voiced Almighty Tallest Purple. Both charachters are two of my fave. Sorry about my IZ obsession...getting a little off-topic there. A great movie to watch with your family!!
Teen, 16 years old Written byDominicboo1 January 27, 2012

Aloha Great Disney Movie!

Lilo and Stich is an ET for younger kids, but that doesn't mean it's not fun for adults as well. Some parents might be concerned with the fact that Lilo's classmates emotionaly bully her, and call her names. There's mild sci-fi action throughout. Lilo and Stich is a great Disney movie, and tale of friendship and family your children will enjoy.
Teen, 17 years old Written byBlue-Bunny October 26, 2011

Charming and adorable...

I agree with CSM. The story is cute, the characters are great, and the soundtrack is indeed fabulous. This movie also brings back good memories. Lilo and Stitch are one of the best duos I've seen and each of the characters have their own funny personalities. Stitch is, at first, a destructive alien being, but is taught how to be more civilized and he becomes a great friend to Lilo and an essential part of the family (or "ohana"). Overtime, Nani (who doesn't like him at first) learns to love and accept him. I really don't get why there would even be haters for this movie. But anyways, as you would expect from a sci-fi movie, there is some action and laser-shooting, but it's not an issue really. Gantu and maybe a few of the other characters might be a bit frightening to little children, but that shouldn't stop them from watching it. So, this is a really good movie and the sequels and the television spinoff are also great.
Teen, 16 years old Written byTheGreatNoOne February 27, 2011

It's weird when you think about it, but it's a great movie!

Overall, a great movie. I would suggest it to anyone. But there are some pretty clear downs to this film also. Like how Nani and Lilo's relationship is towards the beginning... yeah, that's sort of psychologically violent if you ask me. A direct line from Nani (Lilo's older sister and legal guardian) is: "Oh, I'm going to stuff you in the blender push puree, then bake you into a pie and feed it to the social worker! And when he says, Mmm, this is great. What's your secret? I'm going to say..." she's cut off at that moment. Another thing, is the crossdressing alien, Pleakley. XD That could be interpreted as either a good thing or a bad thing depending on what type of person you are. For me it was HILARIOUS! But the Adults on Common Sense sometimes are a little 'too' protective, so there. The good thing about this movie is the soul moral: Family is everything. :)
Kid, 11 years old April 24, 2010

one of my favroite movie's EVER i first watched it when i was 5 i've always watched it ever since
Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008

It was great!!!

This movie isthe best! It sould have been rated G.