All member reviews for Limitless

Story centered on drug abuse sends very iffy messages.

Parent of a 4, 7, 9, and 11 year old Written byMomFourBoys April 9, 2011

Worst movie I've seen in a long time

Unlikable main character with poor message. Hard to find anything redeeming about this film.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBookHero11 March 26, 2011

Well, there isn't a terrible lot of violence but there is a fair bit of blood. There is one scene whe Bradley Cooper drinks another dudes blood. I looked away. It was gross. Pretty bloody for PG-13.
Adult Written byWise Selection April 2, 2011

I wish I did not go and see Limitless! The violence is excessive and PG-13 doesn't mean very much anymore! The movie rating system in the United States is an absolute joke and it should be abolished and just have a sex/violence activity rating like we do here on Common Sense Media! At least that would be much more honest. When stabbing out a man eye and making him blind is PG13 then what's next?
Adult Written bykhan2705 March 28, 2011

very original movie. i loved this thriller.

Aspiring author Eddie Morra (Cooper) is suffering from chronic writer's block, but his life changes instantly when an old friend introduces him to NZT, a revolutionary new pharmaceutical that allows him to tap his full potential. With every synapse crackling, Eddie can recall everything he has ever read, seen or heard, learn any language in a day, comprehend complex equations and beguile anyone he meets97as long as he keeps taking the untested drug. Soon Eddie takes Wall Street by storm, parlaying a small stake into millions. His accomplishments catch the eye of mega-mogul Carl Van Loon (De Niro),who invites him to help broker the largest merger in corporate history. But they also bring Eddie to the attention of people willing to do anything to get their hands on his stash of NZT. With his life in jeopardy and the drug's brutal side effects grinding him down, Eddie dodges mysterious stalkers, a vicious gangster and an intense police investigation as he attempts to hang on to his dwindling supply long enough to outwit his enemies. well this movie just shocked me so much of how good it was and as it ended i was like so mad about how good it was, just completely satisfied me. awsome. you normally don't expect a good movie from Mr Bradely Cooper (not talking about The Hangover) but here it is an all in all entertainer and likeable thriller. first of all the thing is that it is one of the best movies of this year and will be. second thing is that the plot, main idea and story is extremely original and fresh which makes it far more appealing. its based on the idea of a pill that makes your brain utillize more of its actuall normal workable power. this guy accidentaly get it, his life being a complete mess makes it only thing for him to do. as he uses it he experience this feeling of powerfulness and that he can do anything. he sees things beyond an ordinary mind can and makes his life a desirable one. he can practically do anything he want's. but as it says with great power comes great responsibality or that everything has a limit. so is the human body, the way or for what exact work it has been made it just work in that limit if you cross it you will suffer. not much research have been done on tis pill so he slowly experience the downfall. he becomes sick and other things follows. this movie is a suspence thriller drama with a sci fi touch. very well written movie, two thumbs up for the writer of the story and the plot. screenplay is very well written. plot is superb, edge of the seat thriller with a suitable pace, this movie is not too fast or not very slow. this movie never gets boring or tiring. it is filled perfectly without a blank or dull moment in it. a perfect new age thriller which makes you think about yourself and human beings in general. direction is good. it is appealing visually too, good cinematography, nice background score and perfect editing. Bradely Cooper's best movie off the romance or comedy side. he did well if not great and was perfectly cast, this guy needed this movie, other actors were ok too. well i liked this movie very much, based on a very unique, fresh and out of no where new idea. just a lovable movie. i liked it so much and so will you. do watch it.
Teen, 15 years old Written byYpseru March 25, 2014

Great plot!

Honestly, you have to watch the whole movie in order to enjoy it, but if you do, I think it's a great movie, with an interesting plot. There is some violence, although nothing horrible. Some blood, and a murder is described on a TV, although nothing is shown. The whole movie is about a drug, that has some very serious side effects, such as lost time, among other things. And if you stop taking it, you'll die. Anyway, this is one movie that grows more and more interesting the more into the movie you watch, but I can understand how the beginning could bore you, but in the end, it's important to the plot.
Teen, 16 years old Written bymuse2857 August 9, 2013

Pretty well made sci-fi thriller with a creative plot

Warning about intense violence (pretty much for PG-13) and theme about a drug. Some say this movie should have been R but I think it's more appropriate for PG-13.
Teen, 13 years old Written byswagshyguy15 July 27, 2013

Average; Good Thriller But Terrible Plot After 1st Half or Quarter Or So

It's pretty violent and sexual and there is one or so use of the f word so that's not really bad. The blood scene didn't put me off and it didn't sicken me - rather I found the part where he spits the hypodermic needle blinding that guy pretty violent. It was average for a movie, as it was slightly entertaining and interesting despite the uneven plot and the ending. Do prepare for an intense, almost scary film. It's more of an adult film despite the PG-13 rating, but I think very mature 12 year olds and above can handle it.
Teen, 17 years old Written byBestPicture1996 June 22, 2013

Complicated, but anchored by Cooper

I was very excited to finally see this movie after years of hearing about it, but I admit I was a tad underwhelmed. I wish they'd given De Niro a juicer role, he's rather wasted here, but Cooper really shines, especially when he's on the drug. The film also gets points for being very stylish, especially the opening credits scene and Cooper's 18 hour amnesia spell.
Parent Written byMarcusLane May 3, 2013

An Honest Review

This movie no question should have been rated r. I am still wondering why they would rate this PG13, not too mention the four or five f-bombs in the movie alone should put it there. The main reason though that it should be rated R is because of the nudity in the film. Please parents do not let your children watch this. Excluding the sexuality, it wouldn't be that bad, however the movie is advocating drug use, but obviously the drug is completely fictional. In my opinion though if something were available to the public, allowing me to be 100X more productive and creative, wouldn't sound too bad, but again kind of takes away from having absolute control on our lives, sort of like cheating life. But again just opinion.
Kid, 11 years old November 28, 2012

good as you expect mostly drugs and violence

The movie speaks for it self and can give a good lesson to kids. when you start taking the drug your limitless but when you stop taking it you can die. The good lesson to kids is... not to take drugs no matter what your peers say. like "Its FDA approved". Yet this movie is a awesome adventure and keeps you wondering. I have seen it five times and still think its a really good movie
Kid, 12 years old November 23, 2012

despite it's name the veiwers are very limited

no no no no for kids utterly disterbing movie not for kids i had to stop whatching when he drank a guys blood. Also there is sex so just because someone is old enough for violence there is sex/sex jokes/sex sounds
Parent Written byProc November 12, 2012

BAD DRUG !!

This Movie portray's that by taking a pill , all will be GREAT ! Well, I just commited my Son to a Hospital for this very movie and the "over the counter" Herbal pill. This IS A BAD DRUG AND NEEDS TO BE REMOVED FROM THE MARKET !
Adult Written bylemonlover July 19, 2012

Maybe more like an R.

There are lots of drug references through out the entire movie, along with some use of it. Characters are shot, punctured, seriously injured, etc. There is lots of sexual enniudo and activity along with uses of f**k, d**k, s**t, etc.
Educator Written byAlamoGuy June 26, 2012

Drugs CAN Make You Successful...?

The only thing saving this from an R rating is language. I'm not sure why violence of this magnitude is okay for PG-13. Was also hoping the ending was a little more on the poetic justice side of things.
Teen, 14 years old Written byStevie111 April 3, 2012

Very good thriller

Drug driven movie has some blood and violence, occasional language, clearly drug use. Very mature
Kid, 11 years old February 22, 2012

Thriller Is Not Very Thrilling

I anticipated to watch this movie. I was disappointed. It is called a thriller. No. It's just a movie with no definite genre. Not thrilling. All about a drug. Negative role models. Violence and gore is high. Lots of sexual content. Horrible language. The only good things in this movie is at there are a few scenes that make you sit at the edge of your seat. Overall: don't have high expectations.
Teen, 16 years old Written byKevinKlinelover February 9, 2012

Worst movie ever!!!!!

I saw this movie and it made me cry. Well I only wanted to see it because I thought it was awesome but when I saw it, it was unprofessional. There was 2 seconds of laughter.
Teen, 15 years old Written byRobbyboyfye16 January 20, 2012

gggh

pill unstoppable man movie is very entertaing
Teen, 14 years old Written byemilywoosh January 7, 2012

good movie!

i loved this movie! the plot was really good, but if you're under 14, i wouldn't recommend it.
Parent Written byRobbyWBoy16 January 3, 2012

limitless

pill smart is intence bradley cooper movie