All teen and kid member reviews for Lincoln

Teen, 14 years old Written byFILMCRITIC500 November 18, 2012

slow, masterful, and graphic drama will grip history buffs but not action freaks

this incredily slow drama about the sixteenth president may be boring at some points, but it rivals with spectacular cinematography, impressive acting (except Daniel Day-Lewis), and great sets and costumes. there is also some amount of violence, which is very graphic and realistic. the opening scene shows soldiers stabbing, slicing, cutting, and crushing others in a battlefield. another scene shows burning houses, which then goes into a prolonged scene of Lincoln riding through a battlefield srewn with dead bodies. the worst scene is where two men push a cart that is dripping blood to a pit and empty a large stack of severed limbs. there is also a LOT of strong language, including one f**k, several N words, s**t, a*s,bit**, and more. also, many characters smoke heavily.
Kid, 11 years old January 18, 2013

A Fairly Good Movie In All

This movie was pretty good. I think Daniel Day Lewis did an excellent job acting Abraham Lincoln. I'm 11 and didn't understand some of the political stuff, but a very good movie in all. But I have to warn you, there are LOT of swear words, and this one scene where two soldiers had to dump a wheelbarrow that's dripping blood, and full of amputated legs and arms into a pit. That grossed me out a lot. Hope this helped!
Teen, 14 years old Written byInterested14 November 25, 2012

Masterfully made movie

This movie is a fantastic historical drama set in the time of the Civil War. Abraham Lincoln is trying to pass the 13th Amendment (which abolished slavery) in hopes that it will be the first step in ending the war. It is not very violent. There are only a couple scenes which show violence/gore. In one, men are fighting a battle with all kinds of guns and cannons and swords. It is somewhat disturbing as they die, but it is short and just a realistic depiction of a major battle in the Civil War. Other than this, the only other problem is some language. The F word is said at least once, and the N word several times (but this is important to the movie as it shows how some people felt about blacks in this time period). While it is appropriate for anyone older than 10, kids and younger teens may find it boring or difficult to understand. Practically everyone in the movie is a politician, and they are constantly using legal jargon and complex ideas with plenty of long words. Many themes are not outright said, so it takes a lot of comprehension to fully understand what is going on at certain points. Overall though, a truly great movie, certainly among the best I've ever seen.
Kid, 10 years old June 6, 2013

Historically-accurate film astounds me

I love this movie!! This movie was amazing and thoughtful. Even though I am a hyper-active ten-year-old, I actually sit still and watched this movie- and I liked it. Watch this movie!
Teen, 13 years old Written byDillonJ18 November 26, 2012

Great Movie

GREAT FILM! Swearing, smoking and violence throughout the film though. Great for mature teens, it's clean enough for 11 and 12 year olds but they most likely would'nt enjoy it.
Kid, 9 years old April 20, 2014

Good For History Fans That Can Handle Violence

I watched this movie when I was 9. I am really into history and can handle violence fairly well. I confess you need to be a adult to get some of the political parts and lots of kids in my class wouldn't like it but I, and a few other friends do/would enjoy it. There are a few bloody and violent scenes it is very interesting. Overall it has lot's of historical information and is ify for lot's of kid's but if you ore you kid handles violence well and likes history this movie is perfect for you.
Kid, 9 years old April 20, 2014

Good For History Fans That Can Handle Violence

I watshed this movie when I was 9. I am realy into history and can handle vioence fairly well. I confess you need to be a adult to get some of the political parts and lot's of kids in my class wouldn't like it but I, and a few other friends do/would enjoy it. There are a few blody and violence scene it is very interesting. Overall it has lot's of historical information and is ify for lot's of kid's but if you ore you kid handles violence well and likes history this movie is perfect for you.
Teen, 13 years old Written byZippy Girl13 February 6, 2014

Slow paced but Interesting

If you do not know the history behind this movie it could be a little confusing and dull but the acting is really good. The movie did a good job of building suspense even though every one already knows what happened.
Kid, 12 years old July 5, 2013

Good movie!

Great movie; wonderful acting by Daniel Day Lewis. Very educational as well. Not very fast paced.
Kid, 11 years old April 29, 2013

Good movie

Steven Spielberg did a wonderful job. And I will say the same about Daniel Day - Lewis. Wonderful movie but may drag on for some kids. Also battle scenes were gruesome, and they show severed limbs in a ditch outside a hospital.
Teen, 15 years old Written byAnnaka1155 April 12, 2013

Loving Lincoln

When my grandmother offered to take me to the movies to see this film, I was excited, but my 12 year old brother was skeptical. After seeing this film, he and I both had a new respect for President Lincoln who has since become one of my idols. "Lincoln" profiles the last months of the man that changed our country, along with his trusted advisors. Daniel Day Lewis rightfully earned the Oscar that he won for his performance, and Sally Field and Tommy Lee Jones both prove scene-stealers as Mrs. Lincoln and Stevens. I would 100% see this movie again, but I wouldn't take any children with me younger that 12, as there is mild language, violence, and scenes containing drinking. I think that this movie proved educational and entertaining, and I would recommend it for history-buffs, curious teens, and everyone in-between.
Teen, 15 years old Written byNo Name, for real. April 1, 2013

Great

Occasional swearing and racial slurs.
Teen, 16 years old Written bymoviebuff6996 January 20, 2013

Lincoln is worthy of its Best Picture nomination

So going into Lincoln I wasn’t sure how good it would be. Going out of it was a totally different experience. Going out I thought it was a great movie. It had a great script with great acting. I’ve seen it twice and I can honestly say that it should win some academy awards. The only violence is the opening scene which is a war scene. No nudity or sex. Language was disappointing. There was about 35 profanities and there was 2 f-words and s-words. Did they really have those words back then? I guess Spielberg thought so. But nonetheless it was a great historic movie that is best for teens on up mostly because I doubt it would hold the attention of little kids say 12 and under.
Kid, 12 years old January 8, 2013

Lincoln

The movie is a great drama about the passing of the 13th amendment (The best amendment, aside from the First, in my opinion). The language is the worst thing, to me at least. And I am not considering a frequent use of "Nincompoop" (I belive that is how you spell that, please excuse my lesser strength in the spelling field) as a language.
Teen, 14 years old Written byironkid21 December 15, 2012

Extremely well done Abraham Lincoln Bio deserves Oscar noms

This movie was amazing!!! The dialogue was really well written, and the performances are extremely Oscar worthy!!! Most notably, Daniel Day Lewis as Abraham Lincoln and if he doesn't get a nomination for best actor then I don't know what's wrong with the academy. Everybody else was really good including Tommy Lee Jones, Joseph Gordon Levitt, and a lot of other people. I think Sally Field is a good actress but I think she kind of over did it. Overall, this was great movie and I definitely recommend it. 9+
Teen, 17 years old Written by_____________ August 29, 2015
Teen, 13 years old Written byThe Spartan July 23, 2015

Some war violence and a couple of f-words and racist language. Some smoking as well.
Kid, 8 years old July 5, 2015

Quite graphic but amazing drama has lots of war violence, and blood.

My rating:R brief bloody war violence throughout, and language.
Teen, 13 years old Written byHweetseart April 18, 2015

Disappointing

I really didn't liked this film. It was bad. Also, it contains violence.
Kid, 11 years old November 30, 2014

Great movie about Lincoln!

This is a great movie although they use very bad profanity. Words so harsh used multiple times like n***a, f**k, s**t, son of a bitch, bastard, asshole, what the hell, damn it, and goddamn. Not appropriate for little kids to hear such words.