All member reviews for Lincoln

Outstanding drama about revered leader's political genius.

Adult Written byTimTheTVGuy December 30, 2012

This is amazing.

This is a really cool movie.It is action packed,great acting,cool graphics,and it's just AWESOME.
Kid, 11 years old December 11, 2012

history in the making LOL:)

This is a movie which really puts you in Abraham Lincoln's place and shows you what it would be like to be president during the civil war . It really makes you see how Abraham Lincoln won votes from Congress to pass the 13th amendment to the constitution while being in a family crisis. This movie is slow and I do not advise it for the average kid under 13 who might find it boring but if this "kid" likes history and knows about the civil war they might enjoy it. I sure did!
Kid, 10 years old June 6, 2013

Historically-accurate film astounds me

I love this movie!! This movie was amazing and thoughtful. Even though I am a hyper-active ten-year-old, I actually sit still and watched this movie- and I liked it. Watch this movie!
Kid, 12 years old April 1, 2013

Outstanding Lincoln drama stays true to the actual artifacts of History (well, actually, mostly). Some very mature images.

For the history of the 13th ammendment is a good and resourceful (I am not a party 2012 link anyway, haha) way to learning if a mature viewer of the movie (even 5 or 6th grade) can handle. Although, the language is certainly in the high rank of it's rating, Curses before include racial emphasis (neg--es, coo-s said several times, including n----rs, describing African American of a contenant) and includes a few uses (I counted three, if you listen actually) of f---, involing d-mn, what the h--l, a--, go---mn, s-it, bulls-it, son of a b---h, and J--us. Violence includes definately some images of carnage, including an opening scene of war that has left dead bodieds with some bloody corpses. Once Abe Lincoln entered a hospital we see some men's lost legs wrapped around with a bandage, a character follows a waggon with dripping blood and in the wagon were severed limbs tossed into a pile. Some drug use includes drinking, smoking, and people spitting tobacco a few times. Before that, Lincoln is well known to his duty of others as he had set out the thirteenth ammendment for the whole civilization forward to the United States (although he focuses on the 13 ammendment as he wants to go through it for a proper resource, it may sound like 'We the People'). The agree is strongly concerned, and life has a through through it (read CSM's positive messages). It is heard some people are a racist (determine on black people, one character said about the African's "I don't like black people, any of them!"). Even though the movie focuses on political uses, there is a good reason this has encouraging History of the set, well-writtened History, even at times the screenplay, and well acting should, and above all, entertains the fact of History in a conmisical way. I would rate this as ever a Thirteen and up and I would rate this here -- Suggested Movie Rating: PG-13 For an intense set of war violence, some images of Carnage, and brief strong language, including racism.
Kid, 12 years old July 5, 2013

Good movie!

Great movie; wonderful acting by Daniel Day Lewis. Very educational as well. Not very fast paced.
Kid, 11 years old April 29, 2013

Good movie

Steven Spielberg did a wonderful job. And I will say the same about Daniel Day - Lewis. Wonderful movie but may drag on for some kids. Also battle scenes were gruesome, and they show severed limbs in a ditch outside a hospital.
Teen, 15 years old Written byAnnaka1155 April 12, 2013

Loving Lincoln

When my grandmother offered to take me to the movies to see this film, I was excited, but my 12 year old brother was skeptical. After seeing this film, he and I both had a new respect for President Lincoln who has since become one of my idols. "Lincoln" profiles the last months of the man that changed our country, along with his trusted advisors. Daniel Day Lewis rightfully earned the Oscar that he won for his performance, and Sally Field and Tommy Lee Jones both prove scene-stealers as Mrs. Lincoln and Stevens. I would 100% see this movie again, but I wouldn't take any children with me younger that 12, as there is mild language, violence, and scenes containing drinking. I think that this movie proved educational and entertaining, and I would recommend it for history-buffs, curious teens, and everyone in-between.
Teen, 13 years old Written bynatedogg360 August 10, 2013

Amazing movie, though younger kids probably won't like it.

One of my favorite movies of 2012! Lincoln is a great role model, though sometimes he snaps at his colleagues, but is a great father, and husband. There are some scenes of war violence, and a supporting character gets slapped hard. The main issue is the language, which was kind of surprising since it's set in the 1800's. Also, younger kids may not like it if they don't like history, or want an action packed movie.
Teen, 15 years old Written byNo Name, for real. April 1, 2013

Great

Occasional swearing and racial slurs.
Kid, 12 years old January 8, 2013

Lincoln

The movie is a great drama about the passing of the 13th amendment (The best amendment, aside from the First, in my opinion). The language is the worst thing, to me at least. And I am not considering a frequent use of "Nincompoop" (I belive that is how you spell that, please excuse my lesser strength in the spelling field) as a language.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJimmy brew February 12, 2015

Thrilling but dark Abraham Lincoln flick has lots of war

My rating: PG-13 for violence,wounded sequences,brief strong language,sexuality and a disturbing image
Kid, 11 years old November 30, 2014

Great movie about Lincoln!

This is a great movie although they use very bad profanity. Words so harsh used multiple times like n***a, f**k, s**t, son of a bitch, bastard, asshole, what the hell, damn it, and goddamn. Not appropriate for little kids to hear such words.
Kid, 9 years old April 20, 2014

Good For History Fans That Can Handle Violence

I watshed this movie when I was 9. I am realy into history and can handle vioence fairly well. I confess you need to be a adult to get some of the political parts and lot's of kids in my class wouldn't like it but I, and a few other friends do/would enjoy it. There are a few blody and violence scene it is very interesting. Overall it has lot's of historical information and is ify for lot's of kid's but if you ore you kid handles violence well and likes history this movie is perfect for you.
Kid, 9 years old April 20, 2014

Good For History Fans That Can Handle Violence

I watched this movie when I was 9. I am really into history and can handle violence fairly well. I confess you need to be a adult to get some of the political parts and lots of kids in my class wouldn't like it but I, and a few other friends do/would enjoy it. There are a few bloody and violent scenes it is very interesting. Overall it has lot's of historical information and is ify for lot's of kid's but if you ore you kid handles violence well and likes history this movie is perfect for you.
Teen, 13 years old Written byZippy Girl13 February 6, 2014

Slow paced but Interesting

If you do not know the history behind this movie it could be a little confusing and dull but the acting is really good. The movie did a good job of building suspense even though every one already knows what happened.
Teen, 16 years old Written byDog Bone November 2, 2013

Ok

Brutally violent beginning but no violence after that. Good movie but very very very slow. Some language. Great acting!
Kid, 9 years old July 22, 2013

lincoln

A fine movie for kids 12 and up
Kid, 12 years old April 6, 2013

I was disapointed.

The film did have some good qualities (acting, costumes, make-up), but as far as entertainment goes, this film was boring. Now we all know that Lincoln was killed in April 1865, the film starts in January 1865. During that four month period, each day goes by at a ten-minute rate, and each scene is about the same thing: A debate, a meeting, and Lincoln talking to some people in favor of abolishing slavery. Then the same thing happens in the next scene. I'm not sure if got more interesting further into it because I fell asleep half way through. The saddest thing about it is that this movie couldn't have been any better.
Teen, 15 years old Written bycinnagurl April 6, 2013

Lincoln

This is really good. but it is a bit slow in the middle. i feel asleep but was wide awake for the end!
Teen, 16 years old Written bytheaterman342 April 3, 2013

Steven Spielberg creates one of the greatest films about Lincoln.

this film has had countless reviews all saying the same this is one of the greatest films ever made, and Daniel Day-Lewis proves to us that he can prove to anyone that he is Lincoln even though he was just portraying him this is a great watch and everybody should see it.