All member reviews for Lincoln

Outstanding drama about revered leader's political genius.

Kid, 12 years old January 8, 2013

Lincoln

The movie is a great drama about the passing of the 13th amendment (The best amendment, aside from the First, in my opinion). The language is the worst thing, to me at least. And I am not considering a frequent use of "Nincompoop" (I belive that is how you spell that, please excuse my lesser strength in the spelling field) as a language.
Adult Written byJEDI micah December 21, 2012

Spielberg has done it again!!!

Man, Spielberg knows how to make a great movie! Lincoln is an excellent movie! The acting, especially done by Daniel Day-Lewis, is very well-done, the story, even though predictable, is well-written, and the positive messages President Lincoln shows makes him a great role model for kids! The violence in this movie is not that bad compared to other historical war movies, although there are some disturbing scenes of dead bodies of soldiers. Language is a little bit strong, with two uses of the "f" word, and a large use of the "n" world for African Americans. Other than that, this is a really good movie, not just for history buffs, but for everyone who wants a good way to remember America's greatest President!
Teen, 14 years old Written byironkid21 December 15, 2012

Extremely well done Abraham Lincoln Bio deserves Oscar noms

This movie was amazing!!! The dialogue was really well written, and the performances are extremely Oscar worthy!!! Most notably, Daniel Day Lewis as Abraham Lincoln and if he doesn't get a nomination for best actor then I don't know what's wrong with the academy. Everybody else was really good including Tommy Lee Jones, Joseph Gordon Levitt, and a lot of other people. I think Sally Field is a good actress but I think she kind of over did it. Overall, this was great movie and I definitely recommend it. 9+
Parent of a 12 year old Written byaea309 November 30, 2012

"This is so well done"!

My 12 year old kept turning to me and saying "This is so well done!" It was wonderfully done. Sally Field was terrific. Great ensemble cast. I won't say my son is a history buff, but he loves Lincoln, and well made movies. Some of the language was surprising but not too much. The goriness of the war was startling but no worse than Saving Private Ryan. Plus it's the truth. My son and I discuss war and politics all the time. As the future of this country I want him to understand just how horrible war is because it seems our "go to". We discussed how Democrats and Republican were displayed, and why they did what they did for hours afterwards. We linked it to what was is happening today. It was a great opportunity to tie history and current events together, and question the absurdity of it all. The film impressed him immensely, and I was just glad he was old enough to appreciate it. It took its time, as others said, but it was well worth it! Younger than 12/13 may not enjoy or understand it as much.
Parent Written byImjustsaying November 24, 2012

Great movie for the whole family

I really liked this movie. It is long but not boring, I love that period in history, civil war, fashion, etc. The movie is long and talky so younger kids might get bored but my 14 year old loved it and so did my 9 year old even though she got antsy around hour and half into it. The movie is very moving and follows the civil war, Lincoln's as president, trying to get slavery abolished and his marriage/children life.
Parent Written bythenoah November 16, 2012

Not the best, but very good

I was expecting a civil war epic. In some ways, I was pleasantly surprised, but in some I was bitterly disappointed. A bit more like watching a documentary, not a movie. Still acting and scenery were superb. A bit of cussing. although I think it is okay for younger children, they will NOT be interested.
Parent of a 12 year old Written byedklat April 25, 2015

Teen, 13 years old Written byHweetseart April 18, 2015

Disappointing

I really didn't liked this film. It was bad. Also, it contains violence.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJimmy brew February 12, 2015

Thrilling but dark Abraham Lincoln flick has lots of war

My rating: PG-13 for violence,wounded sequences,brief strong language,sexuality and a disturbing image
Kid, 11 years old November 30, 2014

Great movie about Lincoln!

This is a great movie although they use very bad profanity. Words so harsh used multiple times like n***a, f**k, s**t, son of a bitch, bastard, asshole, what the hell, damn it, and goddamn. Not appropriate for little kids to hear such words.
Kid, 9 years old April 20, 2014

Good For History Fans That Can Handle Violence

I watshed this movie when I was 9. I am realy into history and can handle vioence fairly well. I confess you need to be a adult to get some of the political parts and lot's of kids in my class wouldn't like it but I, and a few other friends do/would enjoy it. There are a few blody and violence scene it is very interesting. Overall it has lot's of historical information and is ify for lot's of kid's but if you ore you kid handles violence well and likes history this movie is perfect for you.
Teen, 16 years old Written byDog Bone November 2, 2013

Ok

Brutally violent beginning but no violence after that. Good movie but very very very slow. Some language. Great acting!
Teen, 13 years old Written bynatedogg360 August 10, 2013

Amazing movie, though younger kids probably won't like it.

One of my favorite movies of 2012! Lincoln is a great role model, though sometimes he snaps at his colleagues, but is a great father, and husband. There are some scenes of war violence, and a supporting character gets slapped hard. The main issue is the language, which was kind of surprising since it's set in the 1800's. Also, younger kids may not like it if they don't like history, or want an action packed movie.
Kid, 9 years old July 22, 2013

lincoln

A fine movie for kids 12 and up
Kid, 12 years old April 6, 2013

I was disapointed.

The film did have some good qualities (acting, costumes, make-up), but as far as entertainment goes, this film was boring. Now we all know that Lincoln was killed in April 1865, the film starts in January 1865. During that four month period, each day goes by at a ten-minute rate, and each scene is about the same thing: A debate, a meeting, and Lincoln talking to some people in favor of abolishing slavery. Then the same thing happens in the next scene. I'm not sure if got more interesting further into it because I fell asleep half way through. The saddest thing about it is that this movie couldn't have been any better.
Teen, 15 years old Written bycinnagurl April 6, 2013

Lincoln

This is really good. but it is a bit slow in the middle. i feel asleep but was wide awake for the end!
Teen, 16 years old Written bytheaterman342 April 3, 2013

Steven Spielberg creates one of the greatest films about Lincoln.

this film has had countless reviews all saying the same this is one of the greatest films ever made, and Daniel Day-Lewis proves to us that he can prove to anyone that he is Lincoln even though he was just portraying him this is a great watch and everybody should see it.
Kid, 12 years old April 1, 2013

Outstanding Lincoln drama stays true to the actual artifacts of History (well, actually, mostly). Some very mature images.

For the history of the 13th ammendment is a good and resourceful (I am not a party 2012 link anyway, haha) way to learning if a mature viewer of the movie (even 5 or 6th grade) can handle. Although, the language is certainly in the high rank of it's rating, Curses before include racial emphasis (neg--es, coo-s said several times, including n----rs, describing African American of a contenant) and includes a few uses (I counted three, if you listen actually) of f---, involing d-mn, what the h--l, a--, go---mn, s-it, bulls-it, son of a b---h, and J--us. Violence includes definately some images of carnage, including an opening scene of war that has left dead bodieds with some bloody corpses. Once Abe Lincoln entered a hospital we see some men's lost legs wrapped around with a bandage, a character follows a waggon with dripping blood and in the wagon were severed limbs tossed into a pile. Some drug use includes drinking, smoking, and people spitting tobacco a few times. Before that, Lincoln is well known to his duty of others as he had set out the thirteenth ammendment for the whole civilization forward to the United States (although he focuses on the 13 ammendment as he wants to go through it for a proper resource, it may sound like 'We the People'). The agree is strongly concerned, and life has a through through it (read CSM's positive messages). It is heard some people are a racist (determine on black people, one character said about the African's "I don't like black people, any of them!"). Even though the movie focuses on political uses, there is a good reason this has encouraging History of the set, well-writtened History, even at times the screenplay, and well acting should, and above all, entertains the fact of History in a conmisical way. I would rate this as ever a Thirteen and up and I would rate this here -- Suggested Movie Rating: PG-13 For an intense set of war violence, some images of Carnage, and brief strong language, including racism.
Kid, 10 years old March 29, 2013

Best Movie ever! Only if kids are Intrested in History

I love this movie! Im very into history and politcal things. Lincoln is my favorite president, not by his fame, but his cleverness. Anyways, this movie accuratley potraited Lincoln and his actor looked just like him. Once again I love this movie, but it has violence so beware.
Teen, 16 years old Written bymoviewannabe January 23, 2013

Good history based movie

Abraham Lincoln was a master at ending bad things in this country. I remember one scene where a guy says "I'll be f**ked" As a matter of fact, I'm creating a movie comedy series that takes place in the year 2020 and where a fictional 2020 generation of Lincoln family members battle a fictional grandson of John Wilkes Booth and his army of Confederate thugs, terrorists and rebels, so they can try to save the USA from turning into the CSA. The Lincoln family and Booth family become rivals after John Wilkes Booth assassinates Abraham Lincoln.