All member reviews for Lincoln

Outstanding drama about revered leader's political genius.

Teen, 14 years old Written bySomeoneYouDon'tKnow January 22, 2013

cool

cool
Teen, 13 years old Written bygoodreviews101 January 13, 2013

Overall very good!!

This was a very good movie!!! I loved the part where Lincoln got angry at his cabinet. There were two scenes of carnage, and I heard an F-word, but I think there might be another one. It doesn't actually have positive messages - it actually has a slightly degrading message.
Kid, 12 years old December 15, 2012

GirlOnFire1222's review of the 2012 movie Lincoln

i loved this movie i went to see it with my mom and grandma. i really liked it but you should know that there's one scene where a guy dumps a bunch of limbs in a ditch and it grossed my mom out. i was fine. also, there's a lot of swearing ;), including one, "i'll be f***ed. it was great and i think that daniel day lewis was fantastic for the part!
Kid, 11 years old December 11, 2012

history in the making LOL:)

This is a movie which really puts you in Abraham Lincoln's place and shows you what it would be like to be president during the civil war . It really makes you see how Abraham Lincoln won votes from Congress to pass the 13th amendment to the constitution while being in a family crisis. This movie is slow and I do not advise it for the average kid under 13 who might find it boring but if this "kid" likes history and knows about the civil war they might enjoy it. I sure did!
Kid, 9 years old December 6, 2012

This is an outstanding president movie!

I learned some very interesting facts about Abe Lincoln. Language: there is definitely a lot of language in this movie; the "N" word is used at least half a dozen times. Sex: Lincoln Embraces his wife once Violence: a lot of dead bodies in the war violence of this movie. spears, guns, cannons This is a great movie for double digits! as always if you like this see my other reviews!
Teen, 15 years old Written byMoviedudde18 November 30, 2012

L(2012)

Lincoln has a dumb script with some BIG plot wholes. But its fantastically acted/directed. With great shots/cinematography.
Kid, 11 years old November 30, 2012

BEST MOVIE EVER

LOVE IT!!! BEST MOVIE EVER! Educates you about Abe Lincoln's last term in office--very educational(=
Teen, 16 years old Written byBestPicture1996 November 25, 2012

Outstanding, and what you'd expect from Spielberg and Day-Lewis

You know going into this movie that you're going to get something amazing. As a film fan I realized I'd never seen Day-Lewis in a movie, and what an introduction this was to his canon! A astonishing, Oscar-worthy role as one of the nation's greatest people. He just...became what you think Lincoln would be. It's staggering. Also pulling their weight are the ingenious Tommy Lee Jones and Sally Fields who more than support this heavy tail on the abolition of slavery. It's a ton of talking, meeting, and discussion, so it's best for mature teens.