All member reviews for Little Man Tate

Kid, 12 years old December 11, 2013

A Must Watch

I am 12 years old and this is again one of my favourite movies. I love how as the film develops, you can see how the boy (protagonist) thinks, the build up and structure displayed here is impressive. At the beginning you have chosen sides already and have decided who you think is right about which direction the child (Fred) should go in life ( either the mother or the head of the school for the gifted). Jodie Foster has once again proven herself to be a great, talented actor and this movie is highly recommended. Mainly for the mature kids. Hope this helped.
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 September 4, 2012

little man tate

Families can talk about how the relationship between Fred and Dede changes over the movie: What makes the characters lose or gain confidence? Fred is portrayed as a very rare sort of genius, one who excels at everything he touches but who also feels things very deeply. How does he relate to other kids? The character of the "mathemagician" says that without Jane and the academic approval she brings, he would just be "another creep in a cape." How does he differ from Fred? Parents might wish to discuss the broader theme of accepting people different from themselves.
Adult Written byHaloFreak123 April 9, 2008

An Instant Classic

This is a beautiful movie. The only inappropriate content is the language which is extremly strong for a PG rating and the mother smokes and drinks. Other than that, this movie is fantastic.
Parent Written byMoviegoer Mom October 6, 2012

Not what we expected

Thought this movie was borderline depressing. Fred never got to do what he wanted and it seemed no one really understood Fred. Mom loved him and tried to provide fun but could not honor his intelligence and need for intellectual stimulation. Jane enjoyed his talent but could not treat him as a person. Glad my children decided not to watch it. We were disappointed and wondered what was the point??