Refreshingly realistic tween tale of first love.

Teen, 13 years old Written byhonestlyme March 3, 2012

Cut out the first vomiting part, and an excellent, instant classic.

Very good movie overall, love the casting(Josh Hutcherson and Charlie Ray), love the genre, and the voice-over is very honest and actually SEEMS like a 10-year old is saying it. Sweet, funny, cute, appropriate. Caution, people who are scared or disgusted by vomit(such as me, I got a bit scarred), in the beginning when the kid says SHE TOUCHED MEEEEE!!!!!!, close your eyes, cover your ears for a long time. He throws up on the class. ON CLASSMATES=GRAPHIC! I'm an emetophobe, and my stomach hurts just thinking of that scene. But otherwise, incredible movie. Oh, and they DO say hell, and they mention Gatorade(heh, he got scared of being rejected), kissing, lots of kissing, like a couple making out in the subway.
Teen, 14 years old Written byLovesâ™Ã... April 9, 2008

Excellent

I think this movie is GREAT! Its funny and romantic. The actors do a good job in this movie and it has a great message. I dont have a problem with the rating for this movie, cause it does have some language and other things that arent so appropriate, so PG is fine with me. I didnt have a problem with this movie at all and I love the message it sends to the audience: Love comes in all ages.
Adult Written bymoviemadness April 9, 2008

One of the best romances of all time!

This is one of the sweetest, most honest, and wonderful family movies of all time! It is absolutely amazing and a must see for 8-10+

WOW.... I love this movie a little too much!!

so... this movie is a little inappropriate... but it is such a good and true move... love stinks is pretty much what the message is saying.. a beauitful movie representing a new york love story.. The casting had to be the best... JOSH HUTCHERSON... CHARLIE RAY!!!!!!!!!!!
Kid, 8 years old December 28, 2011

get some bacon and watch the show

Kid, 10 years old July 3, 2011

Great Movie!!!!

It is a very good movie about kids first love. Positive messages surround the movie. And lots of laughs. My mom just adored it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byLoveMusic13 April 23, 2011

Perfect for young tweens, but not for younger kids.

I really liked this movie. I watched it with my younger sister and it had some karate violence a mild kiss between Gabe and Rosemary. And his parents kiss. But.. The mild sexual theme and violence aren't really that bad. One thing that got me was that an 11-year-old boy said "what the h*ll". I didnt really like that. But hey, compared to the movies and music your kids listen to today, this is nothing. It is a harmless coming of age story that should be okay for kids.
Kid, 9 years old January 1, 2009

FAVORITE!

Sad, touching, sweet and loving. NO SEX, NO VIOLENCE! It's the perfect movie! 9+!!!!!!!!!!
Kid, 9 years old June 16, 2011

jaevy truth

this is a awesome movie i recomend it for preteens (9-11)
Kid, 10 years old August 20, 2010

Puppy love perfect for any age 5+

I love this movie soo much I first saw it when I was six. I thought the puppy love was so funny and cute. It was very realistic and actually kinda mature. The only thing that creeped me out was this old man told Gabe to run away from Rosemary.
Teen, 17 years old Written bymilograamans June 1, 2009

My personal concern

And a concern for emetophobes: if you don't like to see vomit, skip the first chapter on the DVD. It has about 5 extremely graphic shots of vomit. That is the reason I rated it 3/5 stars. While most of the movie was good, I found that one part a major setback, and almost quit watching.
Parent of a 8 year old Written byErica Rios March 9, 2009

Sweet boy learning about love

It was nice to watch a movie that reminds me that little boys, like girls, come from a place of innocence and that learning about love is a fun, exciting and sometimes heartbreaking experience. My daughter is only 8 and gets grossed out by kissing. (She's still in the boys have coodie faze. Thank goodness!) However, I highly recommend this movie for the parents of 11 year olds and above. It'd be a great way to talk about importance of growing up slowly.
Kid, 11 years old January 20, 2014

Gives info about love without being too risque or raunchy. Like Rob Reiner Films,but cleaner.

A young boy deals with love issues such as being in love with a girl for the first time and his parents getting a divorce. Clean, good,fun. Mild language, most of it said by the main leads. Kissing,(by kids and adults) flirting, and a mild slow dance. Violence includes karate and a bully. Encouraging role-models throughout the movie. This movie inspires me and uplifts me. Will be enjoyed by everyone.For other good films, check out Flipped and Snow Day, other feel-good movies about love and life.
Kid, 11 years old May 5, 2012

Pretty good

I think this movie was pretty good. It was really cute because it was about kids in love.
Kid, 11 years old May 5, 2012

no thanks....

the movie little manhattan is like any other tween love scene. it features a kid in love and him doing ridicoulus stuff for a girl
Kid, 11 years old May 4, 2012

A cute, heartwarming story.

Little Manhattan is a classic. Of course it got a little gross when Gabe (Josh Hutcherson) vomits. The movie talks about puppy love and your first crush, which is sweet but apparently in this movie its gross. This movie is such a sweet and heartwarming story about a little boy (Gabe) and his first love Rosemary. Rosemary was beautiful and Gabe was cute as always. The movie is one of the sweetest movies, well minus the vomiting part. so i recommend it. Thank You for reading and remember to stand grand!!!
Kid, 8 years old December 28, 2011

get some bacon with cheese and watch the movie

Kid, 10 years old November 4, 2011

AWESOME!!!

It was great! Although it had a sad message at the end, the majority was good. P.S. CHARLIE RAY IS AWESOME!!!!
Kid, 8 years old September 24, 2011

Good movie

great movie. some violence, the boy thinks things other kids would call "disgusting".
Kid, 11 years old September 2, 2011

Little Manhattan

It is a good movie overall, but there is some kissing, and swear refrence wich is normal for middle school kids