All member reviews for Little Manhattan

Refreshingly realistic tween tale of first love.

Teen, 14 years old Written byLovesâ™Ã... April 9, 2008

Excellent

I think this movie is GREAT! Its funny and romantic. The actors do a good job in this movie and it has a great message. I dont have a problem with the rating for this movie, cause it does have some language and other things that arent so appropriate, so PG is fine with me. I didnt have a problem with this movie at all and I love the message it sends to the audience: Love comes in all ages.

WOW.... I love this movie a little too much!!

so... this movie is a little inappropriate... but it is such a good and true move... love stinks is pretty much what the message is saying.. a beauitful movie representing a new york love story.. The casting had to be the best... JOSH HUTCHERSON... CHARLIE RAY!!!!!!!!!!!
Adult Written bymoviemadness April 9, 2008

One of the best romances of all time!

This is one of the sweetest, most honest, and wonderful family movies of all time! It is absolutely amazing and a must see for 8-10+
Kid, 10 years old December 31, 2009

Ok

If you hate it when people throw up, ont watch this movie......I learned that the hard way!
Kid, 10 years old March 20, 2011

best movie ever

this is my favorite movie ever i rated it 8 and higher beacause thats the age you grow up in in this movie is a perfect example
Teen, 17 years old Written bykuya December 27, 2009

Kid, 10 years old August 20, 2010

Puppy love perfect for any age 5+

I love this movie soo much I first saw it when I was six. I thought the puppy love was so funny and cute. It was very realistic and actually kinda mature. The only thing that creeped me out was this old man told Gabe to run away from Rosemary.
Teen, 13 years old Written byaidanqm1996 October 4, 2009

Very cute

First love is a big thing... especially when you're 10 years old.
Kid, 11 years old September 2, 2011

Little Manhattan

It is a good movie overall, but there is some kissing, and swear refrence wich is normal for middle school kids
Kid, 10 years old April 6, 2009

Touching. :)

So great! It was touching, funny- but a lot of violence. I loved it so much! It was about a young relationship of love and it was just so cute, but be aware that there is a lot of kissing (because it replays, and replays and replays and etc.). And violence, that is not appropriate. (karate).
Parent of a 8 year old Written byErica Rios March 9, 2009

Sweet boy learning about love

It was nice to watch a movie that reminds me that little boys, like girls, come from a place of innocence and that learning about love is a fun, exciting and sometimes heartbreaking experience. My daughter is only 8 and gets grossed out by kissing. (She's still in the boys have coodie faze. Thank goodness!) However, I highly recommend this movie for the parents of 11 year olds and above. It'd be a great way to talk about importance of growing up slowly.
Kid, 11 years old July 7, 2011

10 year old gentlemen

I like this because a young boy cares about a girl
Kid, 9 years old June 16, 2011

jaevy truth

this is a awesome movie i recomend it for preteens (9-11)
Kid, 10 years old July 3, 2011

Great Movie!!!!

It is a very good movie about kids first love. Positive messages surround the movie. And lots of laughs. My mom just adored it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byLoveMusic13 April 23, 2011

Perfect for young tweens, but not for younger kids.

I really liked this movie. I watched it with my younger sister and it had some karate violence a mild kiss between Gabe and Rosemary. And his parents kiss. But.. The mild sexual theme and violence aren't really that bad. One thing that got me was that an 11-year-old boy said "what the h*ll". I didnt really like that. But hey, compared to the movies and music your kids listen to today, this is nothing. It is a harmless coming of age story that should be okay for kids.
Kid, 9 years old January 1, 2009

FAVORITE!

Sad, touching, sweet and loving. NO SEX, NO VIOLENCE! It's the perfect movie! 9+!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 17 years old Written bymilograamans June 1, 2009

My personal concern

And a concern for emetophobes: if you don't like to see vomit, skip the first chapter on the DVD. It has about 5 extremely graphic shots of vomit. That is the reason I rated it 3/5 stars. While most of the movie was good, I found that one part a major setback, and almost quit watching.
Teen, 16 years old Written byAdriana62 June 23, 2011

fun, different movie

*spoliers* Kinda sad ending with him and Rosemary (and the elevator guy, I mean seriously...lol). But it was cute how his parents got back together.
Kid, 8 years old December 28, 2011

get some bacon and watch the show

Kid, 11 years old May 5, 2012

no thanks....

the movie little manhattan is like any other tween love scene. it features a kid in love and him doing ridicoulus stuff for a girl