All member reviews for Little Manhattan

Refreshingly realistic tween tale of first love.

Kid, 11 years old May 4, 2012

A cute, heartwarming story.

Little Manhattan is a classic. Of course it got a little gross when Gabe (Josh Hutcherson) vomits. The movie talks about puppy love and your first crush, which is sweet but apparently in this movie its gross. This movie is such a sweet and heartwarming story about a little boy (Gabe) and his first love Rosemary. Rosemary was beautiful and Gabe was cute as always. The movie is one of the sweetest movies, well minus the vomiting part. so i recommend it. Thank You for reading and remember to stand grand!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byhonestlyme March 3, 2012

Cut out the first vomiting part, and an excellent, instant classic.

Very good movie overall, love the casting(Josh Hutcherson and Charlie Ray), love the genre, and the voice-over is very honest and actually SEEMS like a 10-year old is saying it. Sweet, funny, cute, appropriate. Caution, people who are scared or disgusted by vomit(such as me, I got a bit scarred), in the beginning when the kid says SHE TOUCHED MEEEEE!!!!!!, close your eyes, cover your ears for a long time. He throws up on the class. ON CLASSMATES=GRAPHIC! I'm an emetophobe, and my stomach hurts just thinking of that scene. But otherwise, incredible movie. Oh, and they DO say hell, and they mention Gatorade(heh, he got scared of being rejected), kissing, lots of kissing, like a couple making out in the subway.
Kid, 8 years old September 24, 2011

Good movie

great movie. some violence, the boy thinks things other kids would call "disgusting".
Teen, 14 years old Written byPNicole June 25, 2011

Sweet Love Movie

This movie is so cute. I watched it with my 9 year old cousin while I was babysitting her. The movie is not innapropriate but I think the word "hell" wasnt needed. Overall it,is a wonderful movie. It reminded me of me when I had my first crush!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byVolcanoTaco January 8, 2009

Shows the bad parts of a first love.

I remember seeing this on an "extra scoop" segment on hbo and it looked interesting enough. I finally rented it when it came out. The story is about a boy named Gabe. Its about his firs love crush on a girl whose like taller and older than him. They are really good friends and the only reson that Gabe joins karate is to be with her. It basically goes ok untill a new kid joins the class named Tim Staples and Gabe thinks he is making a move on Rosemarey. He tries to impress her by attempting to earn his yellow belt and ends up breaking his arm on the board. He crys and basically embareses himself. Later at home, rosemary calls to check on him and it turns into him asking her about tim and making fun of her and he says those three unthinkable words: "I hate you" after the phone call, he crys some more and is comforted by his mom who is in a divorce. So his life is basically ruined untill he finall acepts it and moves on. He finally sees his chance by going to the wedding where rosemary is the flowergirl and apolagizes for what he says and tells her that he loves her and she is shocked and says she is not ready for that so in the end he doesnt win her especially since SHE IS GOING TO CAMP AND THEN TO BOARDING SCHOOL and wont see him again. He finaly just lives with it. Just a complete waste of time if you ask me and I wish I would have realized it sooner.
Written byAnonymous February 1, 2014

Gives info about love without being too risque or raunchy. Like Rob Reiner Films,but cleaner.

NOTE: THIS WAS ALSO POSTED ON MY OTHER ACCOUNT, SWITCHFOOTFAN. A young boy deals with love issues such as being in love with a girl for the first time and his parents getting a divorce. Clean, good,fun. Mild language, most of it said by the main leads. Kissing,(by kids and adults) flirting, and a mild slow dance. Violence includes karate and a bully. Encouraging role-models throughout the movie. This movie inspires me and uplifts me. Will be enjoyed by everyone.For other good films, check out Flipped and Snow Day, other feel-good movies about love and life.
Kid, 11 years old January 20, 2014

Kid, 11 years old May 5, 2012

Pretty good

I think this movie was pretty good. It was really cute because it was about kids in love.
Kid, 8 years old December 28, 2011

get some bacon with cheese and watch the movie

Kid, 10 years old November 4, 2011

AWESOME!!!

It was great! Although it had a sad message at the end, the majority was good. P.S. CHARLIE RAY IS AWESOME!!!!

The most cliced film in a long time

Ok, so this movie is by no means terrible, but on the flipside, it isn't so good either. Sure, it's family-friendly, but it will bore and confuse the youngest, and leave much to be desired for the older crowd. First off, i don't know why everyone is saying that this movie is "fresh," it's not. A movie about two kids falling in "love" and one of them leaves. Hmm, haven't seen that before. And secondly, why is Gabe so torn up about Rosemary leaving to camp? She'd only have been gone for six weeks, and then come back!!!! He'd see her in school again! And finally, the parents beikng divorced and then getting back together is SO cliched it was almost funny to put in there. Anyone that has an IQ of 50 could figure out that the parents will get back together! So, do what you wish, but in my opinion, you can skip "Little Manhattan," rent "Hairspray instead."