All member reviews for Little Manhattan

Refreshingly realistic tween tale of first love.

Kid, 11 years old September 2, 2011

Little Manhattan

It is a good movie overall, but there is some kissing, and swear refrence wich is normal for middle school kids
Kid, 11 years old July 7, 2011

10 year old gentlemen

I like this because a young boy cares about a girl
Teen, 14 years old Written byPNicole June 25, 2011

Sweet Love Movie

This movie is so cute. I watched it with my 9 year old cousin while I was babysitting her. The movie is not innapropriate but I think the word "hell" wasnt needed. Overall it,is a wonderful movie. It reminded me of me when I had my first crush!!
Teen, 16 years old Written byAdriana62 June 23, 2011

fun, different movie

*spoliers* Kinda sad ending with him and Rosemary (and the elevator guy, I mean seriously...lol). But it was cute how his parents got back together.
Kid, 10 years old March 20, 2011

best movie ever

this is my favorite movie ever i rated it 8 and higher beacause thats the age you grow up in in this movie is a perfect example
Kid, 10 years old December 31, 2009

Ok

If you hate it when people throw up, ont watch this movie......I learned that the hard way!
Teen, 17 years old Written bykuya December 27, 2009

Teen, 13 years old Written byaidanqm1996 October 4, 2009

Very cute

First love is a big thing... especially when you're 10 years old.
Kid, 10 years old April 6, 2009

Touching. :)

So great! It was touching, funny- but a lot of violence. I loved it so much! It was about a young relationship of love and it was just so cute, but be aware that there is a lot of kissing (because it replays, and replays and replays and etc.). And violence, that is not appropriate. (karate).
Teen, 14 years old Written byVolcanoTaco January 8, 2009

Shows the bad parts of a first love.

I remember seeing this on an "extra scoop" segment on hbo and it looked interesting enough. I finally rented it when it came out. The story is about a boy named Gabe. Its about his firs love crush on a girl whose like taller and older than him. They are really good friends and the only reson that Gabe joins karate is to be with her. It basically goes ok untill a new kid joins the class named Tim Staples and Gabe thinks he is making a move on Rosemarey. He tries to impress her by attempting to earn his yellow belt and ends up breaking his arm on the board. He crys and basically embareses himself. Later at home, rosemary calls to check on him and it turns into him asking her about tim and making fun of her and he says those three unthinkable words: "I hate you" after the phone call, he crys some more and is comforted by his mom who is in a divorce. So his life is basically ruined untill he finall acepts it and moves on. He finally sees his chance by going to the wedding where rosemary is the flowergirl and apolagizes for what he says and tells her that he loves her and she is shocked and says she is not ready for that so in the end he doesnt win her especially since SHE IS GOING TO CAMP AND THEN TO BOARDING SCHOOL and wont see him again. He finaly just lives with it. Just a complete waste of time if you ask me and I wish I would have realized it sooner.

The most cliced film in a long time

Ok, so this movie is by no means terrible, but on the flipside, it isn't so good either. Sure, it's family-friendly, but it will bore and confuse the youngest, and leave much to be desired for the older crowd. First off, i don't know why everyone is saying that this movie is "fresh," it's not. A movie about two kids falling in "love" and one of them leaves. Hmm, haven't seen that before. And secondly, why is Gabe so torn up about Rosemary leaving to camp? She'd only have been gone for six weeks, and then come back!!!! He'd see her in school again! And finally, the parents beikng divorced and then getting back together is SO cliched it was almost funny to put in there. Anyone that has an IQ of 50 could figure out that the parents will get back together! So, do what you wish, but in my opinion, you can skip "Little Manhattan," rent "Hairspray instead."