Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Find entertainment that fits your kid's interests and your parenting style.

Go to For Your Family

Parent reviews for Logan

Poignant, grown-up, very violent superhero movie.

Adult Written byJoseph M. March 5, 2017

horror movie masquerading as an X-Men movie - 137 minutes of adults terrorizing a child

Disney has decided to close out the original X-men series of aging actors through this film. Basically we see the last two aging X-men helpless/unwilling to help this 12 year old girl who kills soldier after soldier coming after her. This makes "The Hunger Games" look like a picnic. The only dialogue is a prolonged description of all the awful experimentation done by the bad guys on children in a laboratory. It is depressing and dark, the "superheroes" are helpless, and you see 137 minutes of a child being victimized. I don't usually write reviews, but I was shocked that the editors of this site didn't bother to highlight how much disturbing imagery of adult violence against children this contains. It is basically carnage travelling from Mexico to the Canadian border in the form of a 12 year old girl hack slashing her way through countless soldiers. I thought the book "The Hunger Games" was an intelligent book and movie, whereas "Logan" is mindless violence - there are no happy moments in this film. There is no other dialogue because there is no plot.
Parent of a 10 and 16 year old Written byanish m. April 9, 2018

Extremely Violent and for only older teenagers

It has a lot of language and violence but was really good. Disappointed with the language though. It has too much.

Adult Written byB R July 18, 2017

Sad end to an amazing series

I'm definitely disappointed with how this series ended up. There's way too much violence and way too much f word. I know it's rated R and fine for adults but the fact that it was so violent and so much swearing with all of those child actors bothers me. This movie is a disappointing departure from the previous X-Men series movies.

Adult Written byNaima M. May 11, 2017

EXTREMELY VIOLENT

this movie was EXTREMELY VIOLENT....I had to look away for almost all the movie that's how much violence there was....it was super DEPRESSIVE
....everybody is dying.....the end is super sad.....Logan never show is love to his daughter.....the way people was dying was just so violent...there's no laughing in that movie is just dark and violent....I came out of the movie feeling so sad and dépressif.....I was super disappointed....I wouldn't recommend that movie for no man....
Adult Written byAlexandra P. April 16, 2017

Too violent and pointless

Lately, movies have become increasingly violent and most people think it is normal to watch such shocking scenes. I had to squeze my eyes a few times watching this movie. It is definitely not for kids nor any person who has a moral compass. I haven't enjoyed it at all. I love Hugh Jackman and I don't think this was a good ending for his character. I wonder what kind of movies we'll be seeing in 10 or 20 years.

Parent Written byLaura C. March 22, 2017

Story made irrelevant by inhuman violence

Difficult to sit through, profane and savage with blood splatters and body parts aplenty. Viewers completely desensitized to repeated gore at high speed on the screen. Should be rated X ironically.

Adult Written byRobert S. September 26, 2017

The worst ending of movie heroes I've ever seen.

The movie is in short; depressing, dark, sad, disrespectful of the characters and their legacies. It was like making John Wayne in his last western gay and dying of aids. Totally unbelievable how they could take such great characters and have them act so differently and die so pathetically. Very disappointing. I can't believe Stewart or Jackman would even agree to play these pitiful roles. And all this cursing and death in front of a little girl. Unbelievable. It wasn't the tried and true formula of Marvel Comics but more like the dark drama of DC comics.

Adult Written byBob H. April 16, 2017

Ok for 12

Violence 4/5 blood and gore has intense violence. Sex 3/5 a woman shows her breasts and that's about it. language 4/5 around 30 f bombs 10 s words 4 a words and 8 b words. drugs 3.5/5 Logan drinks a lot and uses medicine

Adult Written bystephanie k. April 14, 2017

Worst xmen movie ever

I dont get this movie it was based in the future 2024 or what ever but what happend to get to there where they were at in logan how did all the mutents get killed what happend to the xmen and charls how did logan get sick and lose his healing i want to know how xmen ended who distroted mutants because in days of furure past xmen at the end came back ans everyone was fine they got rid of the robots that distroyed all mutants n there was obviously another situation that it didnt show us i wanna know what happend and why things got so bad
Adult Written byStephen C. March 21, 2017

Too much action, not enough story

Worst movie from the X-Men series. Overall a big downer filled with too much action and too little storyline. No wonder Hugh Jackman is done playing the character.... go out bowling instead of getting roped into this big fart-dud for 2 hours. It's like a being roller coast ride that you desperately want to end.

Adult Written byJimmy O. March 19, 2017

Broken should be the title or Honey Badger

Let start with the production , that's the only good thing in my opinion, the degradation of Wolverine in later years was abhorrent. I get It he was always on a self destructive path, but to have him broken and barely able to defend himself? He's WOLVERINE, the savior of the Xmen. I see the setup for the new generation of Xmen kids, but news flash , kids don't read comics anymore. The comic generation is nearing our 50s and we don't either. What would we call his daughter ? Wolfette ? Honey Badger? Mad Weasel? Shame they ended Wolverine line here this!
Adult Written byLinda F. March 11, 2017

Disappointed

This is not your typical Marvel Wolverine movie. It had a LOT of F-bombs and cussing. Lots of blood/gore. I almost walked out due to the cussing. Glad this is Hugh Jackman's last Wolverine cause it was terrible!

Adult Written bydarthsitkur March 4, 2017

wolverine: UNLEASHED, UNCAGED, AND UNCHAINED

At long last, after 17 years, we FINALLY got the gore soaked, profane, animalistic, and borderline NC-17 wolverine movie we've ALL been waiting for and then some since it had everything you could want, i'm talkin great performances, great story, nonstop action, extreme gore and tons of it, emotional moments, grit, drama, some well timed humor, and last but not least, the REAL berserker rage, trust me, when Logan flips out, HE FLIPS OUT and leaves a gory mess every time. anyway, if you finally wanna see the REAL wolverine on the big screen, go see it NOW, but don't bring any kids though because it's for adults only and one of the goriest films out there
Parent of a 16 and 18+ year old Written bynuenjins March 17, 2017

"Mature" Wolverine entices fanboys with 'adult' script.

The novelty for teens and tweens to pee themselves watching Wolverine grunt and F- bomb does't take much to gleen 5 stars, even with forced script and glaring plotholes.
That aside, the charecter is older with his 'powers' at a mere fraction of what they were. The entire plot very soon feels like a contrived means to an end to justify the inevitable outcome that can be concluded way before the credits roll or even the halfway point. Nothing truly new happens here and a few generic genre plots could make many fans eyes roll as they feel somewhat lazy and undercooked as stale concepts. If you're a big fan you're sure to see it eventually, just don't exspect much and keep in mind this is Jackmans last portrayal. BTW- if you take a young one remember there IS a woman that flashes herself in one scene.
Parent of a 17 year old Written byJordan S. March 14, 2017

Best, most depressing, and most realistic superhero movie yet!

This movie was literally the closest I have ever come to crying in a movie, it was that powerful

Adult Written byDani C. March 7, 2017

Logan

My cousin and I are HUGE xmen fans . The whole theater was in tears at the end! It didn't seem like a comic book movie , it was different compared to any DC or Marvel movies . 5 stars . Very well done.
Adult Written byPetkov November 7, 2018

What fans wanted

This is the best superhero movie along with the dark knight. Usually comic books and comic book movies are really corny. This is an exception. This is a dark movie which in my opinion is closer to reality than 99% of comic book movies. It shows the dark life of decaying mutants who people have been looking up to for years. Do not however think this is just a violent bloodbath following Deadpool's success. The most important lesson is family. Right before Professor X and a young family are murdered Charles gives his final lesson. If you want to see there is a short clip named "Logan | Charles' Final Lesson | HD". This portrays Logan perfectly-an old decaying man who doesn't care about anything. Logan is a veteran of far too many battles. After Charles' death literally EVERYONE Logan has ever loved is dead. He has suffered far too much. While Laura has hope. She believes Eden exists even though it does not. She believes she can escape into Canada and save herself and the other kids (I don't know how escaping into Canada would help, but that does not matter). In the end Logan dies as a hero and sacrifices himself to save the kids, for that is all he has left. As he draws his final breaths he say "So this is what it feels like", again referring to the fact that he has seen everyone die. He can finally relieve himself from all the burden and the 200 years of pain and agony. During his lifetime all he had is his friends. The most touching moment is when Laura calls him daddy. Eventhough Logan does not smile you can sense he is the happiest man at that moment. The villain is also done really well. He is just a man with no superpower. He is still evil and the viewer can sense it. He is almost like a fanboy of Wolverine. He is also really cocky and goes with confidence in every fight, but still loses the majority of his soldiers. The actress playing Laura is doing a good job as well. She might be a kid, but she is a killing machine nontheless. Hugh Jackman finally portrays the real Logan as what he is. In the comics he has killed in a bloody fashion far too many people. Only in the early days Wolverine was a family friendly characters. In recent years all Wolverine comics were R rated. In "Old Man Logan" he is just like in here-he swears and is fed up with life after all he has is lost. This is definitely the film we deserved. I think that as a parent a 15+ children are ready to see it. To those parents who think their kids never heard "f**k" "motherf****r" and have never seen blood I would just like to say that you are ignorant. You can't protect your children from the real world. A world that is really close to what is portrayed in Logan.

Adult Written byasmith_35 October 31, 2018

Wolverine at his best

So, first off, I don't like the too much tags that they allow you to select. There is swearing and violence. Plenty of it. But it fits the characters, so I would not say it is too much. The movie has western feel too it. From start to finish it is a struggle. Definitely brings out the emotions. Depression, frustration, happiness (only moments), and sadness. Great intense film.
Adult Written byJustin H. May 20, 2018

Awesome flick, but gory to the max and not suitable for kids

It is a phenomenal movie, but little kids get killed, and there are numerous gory scenes including a character throwing a decapitated head to the ground. Although fantasy, there is strong language including f--k which is said nonstop. A women shows her breasts also. Keep this one away from kids! But the movie is on par with dark knight in terms of how well done it is. Age 18+ only!
Adult Written byDarkAgentE April 19, 2018

Brutal, Bloody, Violent, and very powerful.

I've been reading reviews on this movie from a couple of people, and I just want to say this before the review. To all of you movie pussies complaining about the gore, and profanity in this movie, What the hell do you expect? It's an R rated wolverine movie. For the sake of everyone around you, stop watching a movie that you know you can't handle, and then go on complaining about it, when you knew exactly what you were watching. With that being said, Logan was great, it had everything you could want in it, plus more. There's great, and powerful performances from everyone, great story, non stop action, grit, drama, some humor here and there, and gigantic amounts of blood and gore. The action is brutal and it's done the way it should've been done from the very beginning. Marvel just didn't have the balls to do it before, until Deadpool opened their eyes to new possiblities. The performances were amazing, especially from Dafne Keen. She did so good here. I'm very excited to see Dafne as X-23 in the future, and I really hope that they find someone worthy to replace Jackman in the role. I also hope that they keep making R rated wolverine movies. He doesn't deserve to be pussified and watered down anymore. Marvel has been doing that shit for way too long. Anyway, Logan is a great, gritty, dark, suspenseful, brutal, violent, bloody, and powerful ride with great performances from everyone, and it deserves and recieves a 5/5.