Miley Cyrus overacts in sex 'n' drugs high school drama.

Teen, 13 years old Written byIsabelle Fisher August 3, 2012

Fun

I Liked this movie... while it wasn't a masterpiece, it was entertaining, and fun. Though there is underage drinking, and adults AND kids do drugs it wasn't wildly inappropriate. Lola does say she hooked up with a guy(she was lying) to make her boyfriend jealous, the sex scene- in which lola is with kyle and anne is with the policeman- is not overly shown, and there is no nudity, and you can barely sees because the lights are dim. I liked this movie, it's good to watch if your bored, or want a fun movie just to watch. There is multiple use of words like h*, and sl*t, and wh*re, and stuff like that and Anne mentions a brazilian on Lola, but again, it isn't a main part of the movie. Lola is faithful to her friends, and the movie also has a good message of overcoming stereotypes, and that people might not be as bad as you think they are. There are funny parts, but it's not a laugh out loud comedy.... enjoyable... i would recommend it.
Parent Written byKYMomof2 October 30, 2012

Didn't let my tween watch it. Period.

Did no one else notice the scene where the girl is online chatting with an old man and has the camera down her underwear? Did you not see the computer screen? How was this PG-13?
Teen, 17 years old Written byKidKnowledge May 30, 2013
Teen, 16 years old Written byMovieReviewer3717 August 1, 2012

Tastefully Made Film

I liked the movie and I am 16 years old. There was nothing in it that influenced me to want to party, have sex, or do drugs. I think it showcased some unfortunate examples of teen partying and exploration, but nothing completely shocking or intolerable. I enjoyed the film, and I think it was made tastefully.
Kid, 11 years old August 7, 2012

If you your child knows about sex, and don't swear, this is fine.

Strong sex is seen, Make out scenes, condom use, man lying on top of girl, use of many swear words, b**ch, s**t, ass.
Parent of a 12 year old Written byAmelia Anzalone April 7, 2014

AMAZING

i let my 3 year old daughter listen to all of her songs every day and night when she goes to bed.
Teen, 16 years old Written byLissalynn8 February 4, 2016
It's a great movie especially for teen girls!
Teen, 16 years old Written byemnnme June 10, 2014

Don't deprive your kids of the modern day social scene

I'm a 16 year old girl, and I found this movie completely appropriate for any child (girl) eight years of age or older. Most parents cringe at the thought of their pre-teen being exposed to any drug use, violence, or sex in a movie, but the truth is you can't seclude your kids from this kind of social scene forever. Chances are if your child is eight or older, these "suggestive" things are already a daily topic of conversation with their friends, whether they open up to you as a parent or not. The movie does not go "full out" druggie, prostitute, or sailor swear; everything suggestive is minimal and it's a good look into what your kids will face going into middle and high school. Overall, this is a very good movie to watch with your child as there is no complicated plot to follow and it's an eye opener to the modern day social scene for both child and parent.
Parent Written byKeepTheKidsInMind May 24, 2013

Totally relatable, not too mature, just right for 13+!! Overall fantastic movie!

LOL is surprisingly a really good movie. It's pretty educational for the kids - lightly covering the topics of sex, drinking, drugs, and smoking. There is actually a school lecture in the movie about how drugs damage the brain. LOL depicts the common complexities of a mother-daughter relationship, divorce, and relationships in general. My 13-year-old daughter was the perfect age for this movie because she understood the terms used and was able to gain sex ed. The sex parts of the movie are not, however, too thoroughly detailed or anything, so there's nothing to fear. She loved the movie and so did I. It does have some pretty funny moments and is very relatable. They don't use too much language, just the occasional "h*e," "sl*t," "wh*re," "sh*t," and "a--hole." "B*tch" is used maybe once or twice. But this is expected because most teen-based movies have a little language here and there, but it's not what the movie revolves around. This movie also covers friendship and sexuality. It's definitely not too inappropriate for 13+ though, so I see no need to not let your 13+ kids see this movie. Kids 13+ should know about these topics already and will be able to enjoy the movie like my daughter and I did. It's also great to use as a guideline for 'The Talk' if you haven't already had it or just don't want to. You should watch it!
Teen, 14 years old Written bymovie_lover_ May 17, 2013

Good Teen Movie

I think it was a good teen movie, there isn't an excessive amount of anything in it really and although there was underage drinking ect. it wasn't in an influential way. It also had a good message about overcoming how people judge you and stereotypes which is important. Also can be quite relatable for teens.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymarley15 November 13, 2013

a movie of guidence, a teenage life

i believe that this film is good for teenagers to watch, as it shows the dramas that they will most likely face growing up. parents should also watch this movie as it will prepare them and fill them in on what their teenagers go through.
Parent Written bypoofledawg2013 June 6, 2013

Don't show this to kids!

Oh look--a Miley Cyrus Movie! My kids love Miley--this ought to be great! It ISN'T! There is NO plot and its about teenagers having sex. There even is an on screen sex scene--don't show this to kids you'll be doing them a favor! And it's not even entertaining for adults--theres no plot! LOL at how bad it is!
Teen, 13 years old Written byGinaKite12345 April 12, 2013

LOL Review

It was a great movie, but you really have to know your child too see if it is appropriate
Kid, 11 years old November 30, 2012

Nope

Totally inappropiate.
Kid, 12 years old May 29, 2013

This is a great movie!

I think this movie is for 13 and over because there is some sex scenes but you see no naked people and its mostly kissing. I have a comment for KYMomof2. She did not show her genitals on camera to an older man. she put her camera inside of a chicken to make it look that way to a TEENAGE BOY. I think it is a mature movie that should be watched with parents.
Teen, 16 years old Written byjm97 March 24, 2013

Skip it

When I pulled this movie up on Netflix I didn't expect it to be masterpiece, but it was horrible. The acting was ridiculously awful, the story line was awkward, and it was boring. I believe this was the movie that Miley Cyrus hoped would bridge her career from children's television to the adult world, but she unfortunately failed miserably. Don't bother.
Teen, 13 years old Written byHenly200 May 28, 2016
Adult Written bysophiej November 16, 2015

LOL the movie staring Miley Cyrus

lol staring miley Cyrus is an outstanding film aimed at teenage girls showing the coming of age. Miley Cyrus tackles mature topics including drugs, teenage sex and a family which is clasping around her. The film has a slight comical approach as miley cyrus is known for her role in Hannah Montana
Kid, 10 years old February 15, 2014

the movie is fine for over 12

if your kid knows about sex and drugs this movie is fine overall good movie
Teen, 14 years old Written bywintergray October 17, 2013

overdramatic opera

this Is good movie that talks about the problems of love, sex ,friendship, family, and drugs, and how they are result ; like for Lola got mad at her mom for reading her diary and later writes a emails explain how sorry she is for being such a handful.