All member reviews for Lords of Dogtown

Portrait of Venice, CA, '70s teen skater culture.

Teen, 14 years old Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

loved it!

this movie was awesome!It has great sports action. It tells the story of the Zepher skate team with great accuracy and detail. best for kids 10 and up because of some alchoal use and swearing.
Teen, 13 years old Written bya fatman April 9, 2008

a MUST SEE for skaters

great movie tons of skating and surfing johnny knoxville is in it
Teen, 16 years old Written bymoviemogul 2.0;... April 9, 2008

Finally! Another movie that tributes the pioneers of skateboarding!

This movie was fantastic to me for two reasons: I am a (so-so) skateboarder and own all things skateboard or involved with the X-Games, and two, it was a good movie (though better if you're into all these things). I also highly reccommend "Dogtown and the Z-Boys", the first and classic skateboarding film.
Kid, 9 years old September 8, 2009

OKKKKK... Innapropriate,though

Good movie but innapropriate. Teenagers make out-bra and panties- in bed, quite a lot of cussing and alot of smoking. Parents if you are not prepared for your kids first kiss and your kid to know every cuss word there is do not watch this movie.
Teen, 15 years old Written bychargnar March 11, 2012

Worth a look

A lot of people think this movie was terrible compared to the documentary, i on the other liked it just as much.
Adult Written bykekoabay June 16, 2011

Great Movie, not a good example for kids

I think the common sense review is a little too watered down on the social messages given. There is not only misbehaving, they are pretty rude and display very inappropriate social behaviors. In the context of the film it is okay because it is about real people, but I don't want my kids acting like that. The movie is great and it shows the aspects of life that many youth in that era experienced. It is pretty cool to see how things evolved in the world of skateboarding.
Teen, 13 years old Written byjackmartin September 13, 2010

awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Adult Written bydudeman123 April 9, 2008

not 2 horrible

when i saw the comercial to this movie it looked kinda like no plot and a dorky teen movie....but i went to see this movie n e ways and thot that it was actually ok....for 1 of those skateboarding movies...still alot of drug references and language for a pg-13..if ur over 13 i say go and see it