All member reviews for Love Actually

Teen, 16 years old Written bymissmurder19 December 15, 2009

Great movie, but more for young adults...

Love this movie! It is one of my all-time favorites. Just be wary of the sexual situation scenes and the swearing. It is a perfect movie for Christmas (or anytime!), especially for families with older teens. It's just a feel-good movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySpeedy1108 January 4, 2010

Perfect for the family just fast forward through the bad parts

Its a movie about love and my dad fast fowarded through the dirty parts so I didnt see them. We usually get netflix in the mail but that day we didnt so we watched this and it's touching just be sure to fast forward through the dirty parts and everything should be ok!!!
Kid, 12 years old October 18, 2009

Little iffy for young teens, but awesome movie

A fantastic movie. Some scenes are VERY inappropriate, but just skip past them for kids, they aren't important. Also, the bad language can be ignored. Happy messages about love and kindness. Verging on corny, but it is a chick-flick so...what do expect? If you're older than 14 this is a great movie to see.
Kid, 12 years old April 20, 2011

love it

This one of my very favorite movies, everything about it shined and I love the fact that it was about love....in general...love between families and love between couples and love between father and son and just love. I especially liked Thomas Sangster because he was adorable and his accent was so sweet....I loved Colin Firth, and I loved Johanna's singing "All I Want For Christmas..." Her voice is just amazing. I was wowed.Super funny, and yeah sure there was langage, but come on, get real, any ten year old curses already anyway, so quite honestly, it's not gonna scar them for life. And yeah, there was sex, but if you don't like it skip over it. Great movie for 11-up, and to watch with your friends at a Christmas sleepover.
Teen, 17 years old Written bymilograamans December 12, 2009

title

Very touching film - and fun to watch :)
Teen, 15 years old Written byenglishrider4546 April 9, 2008

WHOA!!!!!

WHOA!! Bring out the earmuffs,earplugs, the whole thing!! I don't care what school you go to this movie was one of the dirtiest, foulest, most profane I have ever seen. A couple story lines where good but, at one point there is a point blank shoot of a couple having sex. A man is cheating on his wife. I think parents should really step back and think about their kids and the exposure they've had so far. Sure the language is bad, but kids nowadays have heard far worse. Its the sexual themes and overtones that make me turn on the red lights for this movie. To tell you the truth, I wonder why I was even allowed to watch it.......
Teen, 15 years old Written byKathyhermy123 March 20, 2009

Teen, 14 years old Written bydoubleDee. November 7, 2009

Teen, 15 years old Written bygab.m December 11, 2009

I'm a teenager and love this movie to bits!
Kid, 11 years old March 9, 2011

older tweens and teens

some VERY innapropriate scenes!! good for slumber parties! deserves that R!
Teen, 13 years old Written bytaconirox April 9, 2008

Teen, 17 years old Written byMattyWatty556 April 9, 2008

LOVE ACTUALLY

If you noticed, I put NO for "your age" section. I think I was mature enough to watch this movie, but some might not. Yes there was a scene of nudity and some swearing, but I hear more swearing at Junior High, and I own the American Pies. Anyway, this is a cute and WONDERFUL with a capital W christmas romantic fluff comedy.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymoveeluvvr666 April 9, 2008

Love Actually is ACTUALLY good!!!

This moove wuz sssoooo funny and dramatic and all that other crap!!! This is an excellent movie, but not for kids under 13.
Teen, 13 years old Written byoceansapphire December 26, 2011

HIDE YO WIFE, HIDE YO KIDS, AND HIDE YO HUSBAND!

Honestly, this movie had no aspect around it and nothing that was exciting. It had very random parts and was definitely not focusing on a fun holiday theme, more like s-e-x! There was a long, RANDOM sex scene that showed both characters completely nude, obviously from that you know what they were doing! And a lot of unbelievable language use! No good messages! I couldn't even imagine how awkward it must've been for the child actors to see this movie... or were they even allowed to SEE their OWN movie?!?! The only part of this movie I liked was the little kid love story that came every now and then, and the story of the little boy losing his mom. But overall, DO NOT show your kids... and well, title explains it all!
Kid, 12 years old February 24, 2011

Sweet and Inspiring for over 12's.

Amazing movie, inspires everyone about love and is great! Anyone over twelve, minus the language, is perfectly fine, having said that, none of it is never heard at school.

I laughed so hard

I think that this was an amazing film and Ithink it good for over 8 yearolds should watch it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMibb2 December 4, 2008

One of my favorite movies

I have read all of the comments about this movie. It sucked. Their was to much language and sex for a kid. Etc. Etc. 1) If your kid is in middle he or she has heard worst trust me. About the issue of sex. I agree there is too much sex but if you don't want your kid to watch that part SKIP IT! that's what I did. I saw the whole movie except for that one part. This movie is amazing because it shows all types of love, not just man to women but sibling love, affairs, young love, and many more. This movie will tug at your heartstrings. I recommend that if you have a kid that is thirteen let them watch it, just skip the sex scenes. They will like it and will thank you for letting them watch it.
Teen, 13 years old Written bydressagehorse November 15, 2011

Great messages about love

Not really that inappropriate. I enjoyed it at age 12 and I would recommend it!
Teen, 14 years old Written bydancingwithmyself April 9, 2008

Good for the Holidays...

Good during winter and holidays....I think this film should be for 15+.
Teen, 17 years old Written byThe Anonymous December 30, 2011

Sexual but beautiful story about love at Christmas!

This film puts romance and comedy together PERFECTLY! I am a young teen and although the movie is very sexual I loved it, I mean all the lovey stuff is natural. I think some of the love stuff can be skipped if need be. All the actors were great! Loved Bill Nighy as Billy Mack, last time I watched a film with Nighy he was a octopus-faced guy in Pirates of the Caribbean!