All member reviews for Love's Labour's Lost

A noble experiment that didn't quite work out.

Teen, 15 years old Written byMinkyMomo July 31, 2013

A great look at an underappreciated Shakespeare classic

This movie was really cute. I liked it whenever the princesses, Costard, and the old lady who teaches the boys appeared. I liked the song where the girls woke up and sang in a pool, and I liked Costard's song. The funniest parts were when Costard said "How much carnation ribbon would a man buy for a remuneration?" when he talked to the king using a hand puppet, when he accidentally pulled out a rubber chicken instead of a letter, and anytime Don Armado appeared, although sometimes I couldn't understand what he was saying due to his heavy accent. But anyway, it is a great movie.
Adult Written bybranagh April 9, 2008

Shakespeare Modernized The RIGHT Way. Kenneth Branagh Is THE GREATEST.

When I was forced to watch the ill-titled "William Shakespeare's Romeo + Juliet" starring Leonardo DiCaprio, I thought, " 'West Side Story' did a better job. I've already seen Kenneth Branagh's 'Henry V,' 'Dead Again,' 'Much Ado About Nothing,' 'Mary Shelley's Frankenstein' and 'Hamlet.' I LOVED all those so I'll give this one a shot." I did and I don't regret it. I admit, when I read the play, I couldn't concieve of a time in which the play should be set. Kenneth Branagh proved his mastery of Shakespeare once again, which is rivalled only by the great Sir Laurence Olivier. I have only one note of caution. There is a suggestive dance sequence, but contains no nudity. Wit that warning, I leave it up to the discretion of parents to decide the film's suitability for kids. Not Rated.
Adult Written bymisslizzie April 9, 2008