All member reviews for Madagascar

Cute story has some crude humor and innuendo.

Kid, 10 years old January 3, 2010

A Movie Good For A Family Laugh

A pretty good movie. A good family movie. Everybody will be laughing during this movie! :)
Teen, 14 years old Written bymichaelmyers21 December 4, 2009

I recommend this movie for anyone 9 and up. BUT NO YOUNGER!

Awesome movie- perfect for kids 10 and up
Parent of a 1 and 3 year old Written byJennrleigh October 5, 2009

Ok for kids older than 5 or 6

I think it's a cute movie, but I'm bummed about the language. We're pretty strict about not using "stupid" "crap" "shut up" "hell" or name calling like "jerk" or idiot" and unfortunately, these are often referred to as "mild" insults which is OK for older kids (at least Kindergarten or 1st grade) but completely inappropriate for kids under 4 in my opinion. I don't think this language ever adds anything to the film, so why bother putting it in? I was really disappointed about the scene with "sugar, honey, ice tea"- although many little ones will miss it altogether, why bother putting it in- it doesn't add anything but shock value for the parents :(
Teen, 14 years old Written bydreweth August 29, 2009

I like to watch it-watch it!

Ah, the perfect movie. Granted, it's rated PG for a reason. The good thing is that the PG content won't be caught by youger kids, and will make older people laugh as well. I won't be surprised if this becomes the next "Shrek"- it's already better than the first.
Teen, 13 years old Written byLittle movie freak December 30, 2009

Great family film, funny too!

Madagascar is a great family film that's actually funny too. Ben Stiller as Alex is great, Chris Rock as Marty is super, David Schwimmer as Melman is pretty funny ,and Jada Pinkett Smith as Gloria is a hard worker(in a good way.) Don't forget the penguins who are kind smart and the lemursalmost ruin the whole movie.At least rent this movie on dvd today and see what you think about it.
Parent of a 8 year old Written byMr. Karl May 21, 2010

fine for 8+

I was a little surprised with this effort from Dreamworks cause it was actually a bit funny.
Kid, 10 years old June 14, 2011

Not Bad

This isn't really a bad movie except for the violence and there are penguins that frequently say hooverDAM trying to make it clean but not wait... What? And there is a part where hippo comes out of the water wearing a "bikini" it's okay if your kids are not sensitive to violence and nice characters turning In to "monsters"
Parent of a 6 year old Written bylsdbird September 3, 2010

Good for 6+

I actually liked this movie because it was very funny.
Kid, 7 years old April 8, 2011

i sugest that older kids shoud see it with little kids

well it gets a little ifiy at the part with the hanging dead selaten but it's pretty funny but they say 'hell' and'suck but great movie i give this 8+ *****
Kid, 12 years old May 30, 2011

A great animated comedy will appeal to most kids and tweens!

Loved it! It was hilarious! Not a lot to worry about here. Some violence is put into the movie, but it is very mild. In one scene Gloria, the girl hippo, pretends to wear a bikini using sea creatures like starfish and crabs. Besides that, there is nothing to worry about. Families will love this!
Teen, 16 years old Written byhamstergurl09 December 26, 2010

Just okay, nothing more.

Some people are like, "MADAGASCAR ROCKS!" It's JUST okay. It's highly overrated, in my opinion, and should not have had a sequel. DreamWorks has done better.
Kid, 9 years old December 20, 2010

This Movie is awesome
Teen, 13 years old Written byrebma97 October 7, 2010

One of Dreamworks best films

This film was very funny. Although, I thought the plot was okay, but the humor made it better. I give it 3.5 stars
Kid, 12 years old June 15, 2010

Madagascar has Become a Landmark

This was a very creative movie for how a life of an animal can be like a human's. It can change from peer pressure to just regular life and just trying to survive. This was a very funny movie, and I hope to see the 3rd in May 2012.
Kid, 11 years old April 9, 2011

It is looks like Crazy or Nice? Movie and the funny thing is the old women has slap the bag with lion and hairspray then the lion hurt the old women said "You're Bad Kitty!"and the Zebra Discovers in New york,The Animals has get move away at the ship.
Kid, 11 years old April 4, 2011

Not as good as the 2nd madagascar

Good movie but I like the 2nd madagascar a little better.
Kid, 12 years old April 13, 2011

awesome movie

Madagascar rocks!! I love the part where Alex starts getting hungry in the jungle and then starts seeing Marty as a steak and he bites his butt and all the other animals are looking at him like what the heck xD its awesome, the characters are all really hyper, and its good fun song in it, and King Jules is just weird and possibly a little gay xD but really funny!
Parent of a 2 year old Written byJaydensMommy February 10, 2011

Fun!!

My son loves that each character has very unique personalities. There is some innuendo, but he misses it at age 3, doesn't think anything of it. He has a lot of fun with the music and action. He's constantly singing the song "I like to move it!". This is a regular watch in our home.
Kid, 8 years old May 1, 2011

Good movie but no bad language

Really like this movie I have no idea why people say there's bad words in it
Kid, 11 years old June 12, 2011

Kids Movie? Give Me A Break!!!

Come on why do people even think this is a good movie? Its too crazy, too much drugs! Alex is even crazier in this one than the 2nd one! All the dumb behavior is not appropriate for a kids! Messages are crazy! Why does everybody like this, Its Stupid!!!