All member reviews for Madagascar

Teen, 15 years old Written byLordoftheRings1997 July 26, 2013

One of the WORST and most crude "kids" movies I have ever seen.

This movie is NOT a good movie! Lots of crude humor (potty humor, as my mom calls it). And the language has much to be improved. and at one point, one of the characters exclaims: Sugar honey iced tea... look at the first letter of each word put together... yeah, disgusting for a "family friendly" film. DO NOT let your young children see this. This isn't even appropriate for kids!
Kid, 10 years old June 8, 2013

Watch out for language!!!!!!

You have to watch out for language. One character says "sugar iced tea", which is kid language for sh*t (as explain to me by a friend). The penguins say "Hoover dam" as an exclamation, which pretty much means dam*it. Mild things like "sucks" and "shut up" are also used.
Kid, 12 years old May 30, 2011

A great animated comedy will appeal to most kids and tweens!

Loved it! It was hilarious! Not a lot to worry about here. Some violence is put into the movie, but it is very mild. In one scene Gloria, the girl hippo, pretends to wear a bikini using sea creatures like starfish and crabs. Besides that, there is nothing to worry about. Families will love this!
Kid, 10 years old November 2, 2009

Watch out, things may slip out.

Madagascar is a great movie. It's all about zoo animals that escape because one of their friends wants to be in somewhere that has wide open spaces. It sounds good, but there is some bad language. In one part, Alex (lion) says "Sugar Honey Ice Tea" which stands for s**t. (Some kids won't notice that.) Some role models aren't good like the foosa that attack lemurs, and the lion is shot with tranquilizer darts. Finally, in one scene, an old lady kicks Alex and hits him with her handbag. It's a good film, but watch out for one use of bad language and bad role models.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySomebodysMe June 26, 2009

Really cute, but some iffy stuff.

This movie is a great family favorite..........just try to stop singing "move it, move it" after its over! I do have a couple problems with it, though. The first and main, is that there are a couple things, while not sexual, they made me cringe. (and I'm usually open-minded!) They are, in order of appearance: Gloria has seaweed, crabs, and a lobster stuck to her to look like a bathing suit, and says "okay boys, party's over", and when alex tries to get melman out of the box he's stuck in, he uses a long pole to ram him out, running straight at his behind. While this doesn't sound bad, trust me, it makes you cringe. There is also a lot of euphemisms, that will pass right over little kid's heads (only if they don't know any swear words) such as "hoover dam!" THere are even some blatant swears, such as he-- and dam-. Then finally, the worst part. In the middle to end of the movie, there is a montage to "what a wonderful world, where smal, cute animals are killed. The worst one is last, when, after being depressed, the animals come upon an ADORABLE baby duck. Your heart skips a beat on just how cute it is. And then, your hopes are dashed away because a shark comes up and violently eats it.This disturbed me SOOOO much when I first saw it....... And I was in the seventh grade!!!!!! Maybe it's just because I'm empathetic or something, but I hate this scene, and i never watch it.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymichaelmyers21 December 4, 2009

I recommend this movie for anyone 9 and up. BUT NO YOUNGER!

Awesome movie- perfect for kids 10 and up
Teen, 13 years old Written byHweetseart April 18, 2015

Film for all families

You can watch it with your kids, trust me!
Kid, 12 years old March 24, 2015

A thing common sense left out

I love this movie. But common sense left out something in language. A sign the says help soon breaks down and becomes he*l
Teen, 14 years old Written byJimmy brew November 25, 2014

Cute but crude story has intensity and potty jokes

My rating:PG for crude humor,mild language and action
Kid, 10 years old August 25, 2014

Madagascar

You should watch this movie. It's funny.
Teen, 13 years old Written byLazyLizard2032 January 21, 2014

Madgascar Fun

Great Movie. It is a great choice for the humor as it is friendy for children. Some joke will go over there head but older kids 11+ will find humorus. Slight comic violence.
Kid, 12 years old January 3, 2014

It's okay...

A great film, but can be scary and intense for some viewers. It has mild violence and some mild language in the film. Some of the characters can be slightly annoying too.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTheBombFunn July 27, 2013

Good movie

I like it, it's very funny. The show of it is pretty great too!
Kid, 12 years old August 18, 2012

Madagascar

This film sends out a great message that you'll always find your way back home.
Kid, 9 years old July 26, 2012

not that good

ice age is a LOTbetter
Kid, 9 years old June 25, 2012

MADAGASCAR

Animated animal adventure is good for toddlers
Teen, 13 years old Written byJon Hardwick June 18, 2012

good for kids but warnings for some suggestive content

good kids movie probably the last dream-works film with some suggestive content for example There is also a scene where the letter "P" in the "HELP" sign breaks off and forms the shape of an L and reads "HELL". Gloria says "Sugar Honey Iced Tea" but young children will not realise that the first letter of each word spells out "sh*t" and a reference to a "rectal thermometer" in another scene Gloria comes out of the ocean with star fish on her chest and a crab strategically placed over her chest and crotch, strikes a pose, and tells the sea creatures, "OK boys, the fun's over." Julien sings about women moving their bodies.
Kid, 12 years old June 14, 2012

Madagascar

This heartwarming, funny story had some iffy stuff. Alex repeatedly tries to eat Marty and the Foosa threaten the lemurs. Some crude humor. A 'help' signal (ironically) turns into 'h***'. And Melman appears to be addicted to prescription drugs. This was good, but deserved to be PG.
Teen, 15 years old Written byOfficial Critic June 2, 2012

Funny and strange, best for young kids

MOVIE INFO: Has its funny moments, but the movie just starts getting irritating and boring as it trudges along. The storyline was also pretty lame and silly. VIOLENCE: Low. Some action and attacks. No graphical/bloody scenes. LANGUAGE: None. SEX: Very low. No actual sex, just some sex references.
Kid, 11 years old May 8, 2012

Language is the issue, but I won't speak of it

Madagascar is easily NOT the Phineas and Ferb of he Island Lost world. But to put it easy for 1 day olds, big kitten roars, gets put in dirt box, goes on floaty, boom booms into dirtland, stripey horsey looks like baby food, and monkey bully puppies. No spoilers here.