All member reviews for Madly Madagascar

Love is in the air in this silly but cute Valentine's story.

Adult Written byglowingnova June 9, 2014

Obvious Sexual References

I was very disappointed to see the sexual overtones of this movie which is obviously targeted for young children. In one dancing scene a small animal jumps up and down in front of the crotch of a larger animal, which looks like the larger animal is having an ejaculation. There is no reason for this scene - it was clearly just an attempt to integrate sexual innuendo. In another scene, a wooden doll bobble head falls on top of a penguin (which is her "boyfriend"), and the resulting animation looks very much like copulation. The whole theme of this short movie revolves around a love potion that causes animals to be mysteriously attracted to one another. Sometimes it is cute, sometimes it is animated a little too sensually for my taste. I just don't see why adults want to introduce little children to sexual themes at such an early age. Will they even get the references? It probably depends what they've been exposed to. The movie has a little bit of a good theme about friends sticking together and forgiveness. But that is a minor theme tucked in at the very end.
Kid, 12 years old February 18, 2013

As this was a Valentine's Day-themed film, my parents decided to rent it for our annual family party to celebrate the occasion. My mum put it on for the younger ones, but it was clear that scary animals tainted the small moral. Very scary animals.
Teen, 13 years old Written byninja rsd June 22, 2014

the clip was just horrible, the reason i put five is because they won't understand it so its not as bad for them