All member reviews for Mama

Kid, 11 years old January 26, 2013

Good movie but creepy

I am a very big horror fan and I enjoyed seeing this movie. It is not the best movie for kids under 11 not because of its violence but because it is scary. I am usually never scared by any horror movies but this made me jump from my seat a lot. Not only was Mama scary but the way the little kids acted was creep. This movie can easily scare anyone. The language is just like a lot of other PG-13 one f**k and a few sh*ts. The movie was good but had a few moments when you would think they should've of just taken that out and it would be better. Creepy movie, would not recommend this to anyone under 11.
Teen, 15 years old Written byAliphulupus January 18, 2013

Epic movie

I really enjoyed this movie but i am wondering why its rated PG!?!?! Some scenes were very terrifying or disturbing. There is very little blood in this movie..Most you see is some drops in the snow. Most of all its the scariness in the movie..
Kid, 11 years old March 11, 2013

scary mama !!!!

mama is a horror movie that has not much blood or gore but still alout of creepy and disterbing sence that some kids cant handle it is a verry jumpy movie and mama is scary and creepy and kills people for reveng for taking the childern she looked after(mama is a ghost and a soul thing not a human but is still scary as hell
Teen, 14 years old Written bylostmanlovecraft March 5, 2013

Victoria. Mama. Come.

An interesting horror film, Mr. Del Toro has done it again, and scared the socks off of veiwers. A wonderful Lovecraftian tale, should be seen by any interested.
Teen, 14 years old Written byAriana507 October 11, 2014

SCARED ME TO DEATH.

I hate this movie. I'm a chicken when it comes to horror movies! But my friends convinced me to see this when I was 13. We sat in the second row at the very bottom on the premier night. I kept my eyes shut for most of the movie! It was so scary, (remember I'm a chicken) The plot is very disturbing also. This whole movie is twisted and messed up. There was a lot of jump scares and mama herself scared me. I do NOT recommend anyone to see this. It's a crappy movie, scary, and the ending is kind of sad.
Kid, 12 years old February 16, 2014

I say about 11/12+

May scare audiences 10 and below. A man and woman kiss passionately and fall back on a bed... A man falls down stairs and ends up in hospital (Doesn't die)... A woman stabs a man.... (Not graphic) Language include F-bomb(s) S-words, etc. A woman drinks (alcohol) from a bottle. Not that bad actually.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTheReview January 28, 2013

weird but good scary movie appropriate for some tweens.

i'm a young teenager and i saw this movie about a week ago. there is some intense scary scenes that i watched through my fingers, but the movie does have a slightly good message of "love overcomes evil". the "mama" ghost is very scary looking during the one climatic scene of the movie where she comes out of the wall (where she lurks) and kind of does a exorcist-style backbend onto the floor. she could be very scary looking to some kids, judging by the fact she is extremely skinny with distorted facial features and she crawls on her hands and knees, and she makes really weird sounds. however, in the end her entire face is revealed in a sort of cheesy low budget sci fi movie way that ruins the whole scare factor. however some of the scenes include children eating the moths the mama spawns, the mama hiding in a corner and being mistaken for one of the children, one of her claws coming out of a wall and pushing the father down the stairs and into a coma, and several jump scenes that could definitely scare younger children or horror-hating teens. also included is one very intense and strange dream scene which is shown from the mamas point of view and visibly shows her thin hands stabbing a nun and briefly shows her reflection in a mirror, in which she looks scary and demon-like. there is another hallucination scene in which the rock and roll woman imagines mama climbing up on the bed and getting up close to her. in the beginning, the insane father attempts to shoot his children and instead very unexpectedly a pair of hands reach out and grab him and kill him (the mama). when the children are found in the woods, they have adopted to the mama's ways (crawling on hands and feet) and are very grotesque looking. basically the whole movie is filled with scares. hope this review helps your decision!
Teen, 13 years old Written byluvmoviesgirl January 19, 2013

Good, but scary with heavy messages.

I really liked this movie, but if you (and your kids) will like it depends on if you like scary movies. It is very scary and startling at a lot of parts, and there are some extremely heavy messages that really aren't for young children. (Ex. The way in which the children were abandoned, etc.) Overall, I really liked this movie because of the plot and the terror aspect, but kids who are easily scared at things like this probably shouldn't see it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byimoviegoteen July 23, 2015

Very Chilling.

Some language, and F word, some S words, and the other usual movie language. Sex is no issue here other than a girl and her boyfriend starting to kiss then undress (NO nudity). And Violence includes kids in peril some times.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJimmy Brew July 21, 2015
Teen, 14 years old Written byLoïc July 12, 2015

Scary movie and very ugly ghost. I recommend to the age of 12 / Film effrayant et fantôme très très laid. Je le déconseille aux moins de 12 ans

Mama is a very scary horror movie. We see very clearly the ghost of a woman completely disfigured , the atmosphere is very scary , the children have a strange behavior that can hit younger . We see blood and a very creepy dream is scary. This film is REALLY not suitable for children under 12 years. Rating: 8/10 Truly terrifying film that will make you jump more than once ! Excuse me for the mistakes , but I'm french ! FRANCAIS:Mama est un film d’épouvante très effrayant. On voit très distinctement le fantôme d’une femme totalement défigurée, l’atmosphère y est très angoissante, Les enfant ont un comportement étrange, pouvant heurtée les plus jeunes. On voit du sang, ainsi qu’un rêve très glauque est effrayant. Ce film n’est VRAIMENT pas approprié pour les enfants de moins de 12 ans. Note : 8/10 Film vraiment terrifiant qui vous fera sursauter plus d’une fois
Kid, 11 years old March 8, 2015

not to scary i could handle it without any nightmares

great movie but there are some scary scenes and a little girl dies a little kissing between the married couple nothing bad but the man falls down the stairs and almost dies
Kid, 11 years old November 5, 2014

weird

This movie was strange. The story line is weird and personally not the best. Some jump scares and not the kind of movie to give you nightmares... that is if you aren't scared of air vents lol.
Teen, 14 years old Written byHorror_Movie_Lover September 21, 2014

Good Moive

This movie is good, but to me it is more depressing than scary. The ending scene is the only really sad scene in the movie. This movie has shocking moments, the end makes you hoping for a squeal. It shows a great message, a mother love never dies.
Kid, 12 years old August 28, 2014

15A

Violence - Moderate supernatural violence. Horror/Scariness - Horrifying images, very scary sequences and scenes, sustained moderate horror. Threat - Strong supernatural threat. Language - One use of strong language, some other mild and language. Drugs/Alcohol - No major issues. Sex/Nudity - Some sensuality and mild sex. Themes/Topics/Other - Supernatural Thriller/Horror.
Teen, 14 years old Written byDorotea Dukovac August 19, 2014

So creepy

It is scary, my friends tough that it is the most scariest movie on the world, but they have changed their mind when i showed them real scary movie.
Kid, 12 years old April 17, 2014

Mama

This movie is the best thing eva!!! It made me jump lots of times but its not really that scary for you to have nightmares. Before I watched it I thought OMG!! IM GONNA BE REALLY SCARED, when I watch it!! well Im alive and I am not crying of horror Its a great movie! Definatly watch it!
Teen, 13 years old Written byMarty.Pink.Lady March 17, 2014

Mama...?

I really didn't think it was scary, but it was a good movie over all. But I thought it was a bit depressing with the whole "kill my child" parts but other than that I thought it was fine for 12 year olds.
Kid, 12 years old March 3, 2014

Mama

First of all, this is a great movie. Common sense media is way off. There are some problems in the plot/script, but it won't matter because you'll be too busy being terrified. Yes, this is a very, very, scary movie with plenty of disturbing and horrific images, but barley any violence or blood. Check it out. 14+.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAgeRestrictionUSA February 16, 2014

Mama (2013) Review By: Meredith Aguilera (15)

I saw this film with my 3 best friends at the cinema, my two friends ran out of the cinema screaming 45 minutes into the movie! 4 staff member had to restrain them, My friend Katherine, threw up and the staff gave them a full refund. Personally, I thought they were over- reacting! I LOVED the film!!! 5 people behind me in the cinema were crying and screaming, practically trampling each other alive trying to get out of the cinema!!! After 50 minutes of the film the cinema staff turned it off as like 30 people ran out screaming and they gave the whole audience a refund! So, Yeah! IT'S SOOOOOO SCARY!! NOT SUITABLE AT ALL!!