All member reviews for Mama

Teen, 15 years old Written byflowers2909 April 14, 2013

Review

It's ok, just good enough to past the time. Though it has a good message communicating to the audience.
Teen, 16 years old Written byScooby79 April 1, 2013

Okay

I thought this movie was a creepy movie. It went downhill at the last half. The 'Mama' ghost is scary looking. This movie has a lot of jump scares! A kid does die, but it's not gross. This movie has absolutely no blood.
Teen, 14 years old Written byTwilightFreakOfLove March 24, 2013

(Mama's too freaky and violent for kids!!!)

The dad try' s to kill his daughter, in the beginning of the movie!!! The ghost for little ones will give them nightmares, I think any mom who'll put her kid through this, is just as selfish as mama!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written byMovieteenwatcher March 3, 2013

Mama is not scary

I saw this movie with my family and the beginning through middle was scary with some popouts and stuff, but the end was straightup a comedy movie. A use of f**k and a few s**ts but not that bad and def. not that scary
Teen, 16 years old Written byyundun63 February 16, 2013

Under 12's should not watch this without their mama (ha, see what I did there?)

Pretty good although not particularly scary. It mostly focuses on jump scares that most teens can get over fairly quickly. The script however is kind of weak but I loved the ending (SPOILER ALERT! SPOILER ALERT! I mean how often does the kid actually die? That was pretty unusual twist. END SPOILER) The one thing I would caution is the fact that this movie has violence involving young children not directed at them exactly except for one particularly disturbing scene (the violence never actually occurs though, it's just suggested.) Really it's more centered around them due to the 'Mama' entity trying to 'protect' them, but nothing gory or overly harmful/shocking.
Kid, 12 years old February 12, 2013

BIG dissapointment

I am 10 and I saw it not as scary as I hoped but a few jumpy parts.
Teen, 14 years old Written byZoemily February 10, 2013

Mama

I think this is a great movie for fans of horror. Not too much gore or scares, it gets to you in other ways.
Teen, 14 years old Written bydirectioner23 February 10, 2013

Dumb and nothing more

When I saw the preview for this I really wanted to see it. When I did see it I was really disappointed. It was really dumb and boring. It had a lot of pop ups of mama but that was the only scary part. It still has a creepy feeling to it though.
Kid, 11 years old February 9, 2013

Okay

The talk of my fifth-grade classroom and those who have older siblings say it's very scary but really good.
Teen, 13 years old Written bygrangermarina February 7, 2013

good enough

i think the movie was pretty good it had a couple jumpy parts and it was very good the movie never got boring
Kid, 12 years old February 4, 2013

Good movie that relies mainly on jump scares

I really enjoyed this movie. it was engaging, and kept me on the edge of my seat. I love horror movies, but my parents don't let me see almost any. They caved on this one, and i am so glad they did. It is a good scary movie. It relies mainly on jump scares, and has zero blood or gore. My friend and i were surprised about how good it was because we had heard from a couple of people that it was so bad they left the theater. But, it was a very good movie. For people who want to see it: if you don't like moths, don't see it, there are lots of them. very Dark and creepy. the mama is very creepy. If you don't like jump scares, don't see it. If you like scary movies, but hate blood and guts, see this. Few swearing, but uses f*** about twice. good movie. the ending SUCKS, but other than that, it is very good. I enjoyed watching it, and i hope you do to!
Teen, 14 years old Written bythehungergames77 January 25, 2013

Mama, oh, Mama

I think it was a very frightening movie overall. It was jumpy, but it portrayed a good message that a mother's love really IS forever, and that you should always love and stay with your "Mom", or she will come and kill your real family.
Teen, 13 years old Written bytoemas626 January 22, 2013

Amazing but very scary and intense

(Spoiler alert) I just saw this movie with a few friends and we all loved it, but definitely think about weather you really want to see this. It was very scary but very touching a lot of the movie. Mama was very frighting looking. If she appeared maybe once more, it probably would be rated R. Although there is very little blood, there are very disturbing images caused by Mama's jealousy but my friend who doesnt typically jump at horror films jumped multiple times with mama's sudden appearences and looks. The girls however will make you fall in love with them and feel sorry for them, same as mama. This will make the ending rough due to mama righting her wrong and Lily choosing to join. Long story short, they jump of a cliff and its very sad. Victoria however stays behind. This movie was beautifully done but Mama's looks and unnatural body movement will most likely disturb most people.
Kid, 11 years old January 22, 2013

just depends how your child is

Mama looks like a very frightening film is not for kids younger than 11 But does has a role model of saving others and being honest and don't lie only 11+ can see mama but has some bad language seeing this movie is okay for most pre teens like 11,12 ages but I really want to see this
Teen, 14 years old Written byironkid21 January 19, 2013

creepy weird horror flick is surprisingly entertaining

Well I guess 2012 is over and now were into a new year for movies, 2013 and what a better way to start off the new movie year with...mama? At first when I saw the trailer for this movie I didn't think it looked that good but I thought it had potential but there were two perks for it. 1. It's a film released in January and while we have had some good movies released in January, lets look back at some January movies released last year in January that had potential and turned out bad ("Joyful Noise", "One for the Money") 2. It's a horror film and while i've liked some like "The Woman in Black", i've sat through a lot of awful ones in the past two years ("Shark Night 3D", "The Apparition", "House at the End of the Street") But I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised by this movie. This movie is really fun, creepy, and I actually jumped sometimes. But there were a couple of things I didn't get at all. First, how can these girls teleport? I didn't get that at all. And second, how come every time a character gets creeped out they have to go in the woods!? Really? Anyways, also the ending kind of made me mad but I'm not gonna spoil what happens. Is it great? No but I did enjoy it more than I thought I would. Iffy for 11+
Kid, 10 years old January 18, 2013

VERY SCARY

I'm 10 and I saw this movie. I think this is a VERY scary movie! There were a couple parts where I closed my eyes because I was scared haha. Anyways, I know that most of my friends wouldn't handle the movie. So I think at the least 10 years old, maybe 12. Again, this movie is very scary, so parents, make sure your kid can handle scary stuff.