All member reviews for Mama

Uneven movie has very scary scenes, some involving children.

Kid, 11 years old March 8, 2015

not to scary i could handle it without any nightmares

great movie but there are some scary scenes and a little girl dies a little kissing between the married couple nothing bad but the man falls down the stairs and almost dies
Kid, 11 years old November 5, 2014

weird

This movie was strange. The story line is weird and personally not the best. Some jump scares and not the kind of movie to give you nightmares... that is if you aren't scared of air vents lol.
Written byAnonymous October 12, 2014

Disappointing horror movie is over dark and over scary

My rating:PG-13 for horror sequences of violence,terror and sexuality
Teen, 14 years old Written byHorror_Movie_Lover September 21, 2014

Good Moive

This movie is good, but to me it is more depressing than scary. The ending scene is the only really sad scene in the movie. This movie has shocking moments, the end makes you hoping for a squeal. It shows a great message, a mother love never dies.
Kid, 12 years old August 28, 2014

15A

Violence - Moderate supernatural violence. Horror/Scariness - Horrifying images, very scary sequences and scenes, sustained moderate horror. Threat - Strong supernatural threat. Language - One use of strong language, some other mild and language. Drugs/Alcohol - No major issues. Sex/Nudity - Some sensuality and mild sex. Themes/Topics/Other - Supernatural Thriller/Horror.
Teen, 14 years old Written byDorotea Dukovac August 19, 2014

So creepy

It is scary, my friends tough that it is the most scariest movie on the world, but they have changed their mind when i showed them real scary movie.
Parent of a 7 and 10 year old Written bymovieloversof2 May 17, 2014

good scare

We always preview movies before allowing our children to watch. Only you know what they are mature enough or able to handle watching. We allowed our 10 yr old to watch it she loves being scary stuff. There is very little to none of bad launguage , intamcy, or drugs. Nothing new that your kids aren't exposed to in public already. Its not gory but it does have violence which usually comes with scary movies anyways. If you have allowed your children to watch hunger games there is definetly nothing to worry about this movie.
Kid, 12 years old April 17, 2014

Mama

This movie is the best thing eva!!! It made me jump lots of times but its not really that scary for you to have nightmares. Before I watched it I thought OMG!! IM GONNA BE REALLY SCARED, when I watch it!! well Im alive and I am not crying of horror Its a great movie! Definatly watch it!
Teen, 13 years old Written byMarty.Pink.Lady March 17, 2014

Mama...?

I really didn't think it was scary, but it was a good movie over all. But I thought it was a bit depressing with the whole "kill my child" parts but other than that I thought it was fine for 12 year olds.
Kid, 12 years old March 3, 2014

Mama

First of all, this is a great movie. Common sense media is way off. There are some problems in the plot/script, but it won't matter because you'll be too busy being terrified. Yes, this is a very, very, scary movie with plenty of disturbing and horrific images, but barley any violence or blood. Check it out. 14+.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAgeRestrictionUSA February 16, 2014

Mama (2013) Review By: Meredith Aguilera (15)

I saw this film with my 3 best friends at the cinema, my two friends ran out of the cinema screaming 45 minutes into the movie! 4 staff member had to restrain them, My friend Katherine, threw up and the staff gave them a full refund. Personally, I thought they were over- reacting! I LOVED the film!!! 5 people behind me in the cinema were crying and screaming, practically trampling each other alive trying to get out of the cinema!!! After 50 minutes of the film the cinema staff turned it off as like 30 people ran out screaming and they gave the whole audience a refund! So, Yeah! IT'S SOOOOOO SCARY!! NOT SUITABLE AT ALL!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byRookie2 January 4, 2014

Scary

Such a great movie!!! Very scary, i noticed that they built spookiness by showing areas for long periods of time, and making the audience react but not the characters. Lots of bits made me jump, and open my mouth wide as if to scream. Very scary, but since i was expecting scream-at-the-top-of-my-lungs-at-every-jump scary because of the reviews and trailers, it didnt meet the scariness i was expecting. Also, "Mama"'s acctual face isn't too scary either. a very sad movie as well, to be honest. I reckon it should be 13 and up, but also for those brave 12 year olds out there.
Kid, 10 years old January 4, 2014

Ok

It was an alright movie but probably wouldn't watch again! I am very mature when watching horror films I can watch 18s easily! Several uses of F**k, S**t and I think one use of C**t! There is violent scenes when a man gets lifted by his neck by the monster and you see a blurred image when a little girls glasses came off! Not a scary film and I think people who do not like horror films can handle it!
Kid, 9 years old December 2, 2013

love it

jumpy movie the S word is used 4 times that's the only swear words though 1 bed part I didn't watch it though not much drinking the only blood in the movie is 5 drops in the snow also the dad tries to murder his daughter and scary images over all a good movie
Teen, 16 years old Written byKlutzy October 27, 2013

Scary but not Traumatizing

Differently know yourself and/or the person you are watching it with. If you or they are an easy scare this might not be the best movie to watch. "Mama" is a violent spirit and does kill and injure a few people. It does have some very graphic scenes and there are a lot of jump scenes but I believe this is a great movie! This lady at the movie theater (about 18-20) said that the movie had her screaming and gave her nightmares...when I watched it I only jumped a few times. There aren't a lot of traumatizing scenes and I'm not an easy scare so I don't know if that matters. The girlfriend is uneasy about taking care of the kids but eventually develops a motherly bond with the girls. This movie can steal and break your heart al in the same moment. But it is Amazing!
Teen, 14 years old Written by10popem September 7, 2013

Definitely should be more than a PG!!!!

Watched this movie and genuinely thought it was a fifteen o_O. When I found out that this was only a PG I couldn't believe it because I was so scared!!! You don't see Mama's face until the end of the film and when you do it is not very scary, but all the way through the film you can see her creepy demented shadow and it is NOT appropriate for children! Maybe I'm a bit of a chicken but my brother is nine and he would NOT be able to handle this! This should at least be rated a twleve!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byTurtlelover70 July 20, 2013

Looks very scary

I am not exactly a horror person but i kinda want to see it .
Teen, 15 years old Written byNo Name, for real. July 12, 2013

Teen, 14 years old Written byEmma80slover July 9, 2013

Great movie!

One of the best horror movies!!! It keeps you on the edge of your seat, and lots of jump-out creepy things!! I love it!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byfreckledoll July 8, 2013

Great pick for horror fans

I went to see this with some friends back in February. I was still 12 and they were 13 so we went to see it alone. There were A LOT of jump scares throughout the movie and most of it was spent with us screaming and covering our faces during intense scenes. Some scenes were very disturbing and intense.The last part of the movie was kind of boring when Mama finally showed her face and you got used to seeing it. Unless you enjoy watching disturbing, supernatural horror movies, I highly recommend you don't watch it if you don't like this type of movie. Overall though my friends and I really enjoyed it and thought it was fun to watch.