All parent member reviews for Mamma Mia!

Parent of a 6, 10, and 13 year old Written byamyfolkins October 27, 2009

terrible movie

This is a terrible movie. I loved the live musical, but this was horrible. I could hardly make it to the end.
Parent of a 10 and 13 year old Written byakenkel October 16, 2009

Fun but be prepared for inevitable questions

This is a fun, energetic, sing along film you'll enjoy over and over again. The big issue is how to expain to your kids why she doesn't know who the father of her child is.
Adult Written bywhateverfloats September 14, 2009

Parent of a 2, 10, and 13 year old Written bySharley August 5, 2009

Perfect for older kids but IMO not tweens

The movie is entertaining for adults and young adults but in this day and age the whole issues of promiscuity is waved around like there is nothing wrong with it. Which to me is very disturbing, I don't want my kid and nephews to grow up with a disrespect towards their bodies or their partner's. Having said this the movie is funny and altogether lighthearted, if you can look past the sexual innuendo and bad role models.
Adult Written byliddle.biddle February 23, 2009

I REALLY WANT TO SEE IT!!!
Adult Written byMom_and_Son February 10, 2009

You can't resist tapping your foot!

I just barely saw this over at a friends house. With music by ABBA, you can't hold yourself together. Beautiful story. A FEW lines suggest sex ( . . .) but nothing explicit. If you've taken an adolescence class and you watch with a mature person older than you, this would be perfect.
Adult Written byChewbacca January 13, 2009

WONDERFUL

Don't walk, but RUN TO THIS MOVIE. It is great, very light hearted and a total entertaining movie !! Great music and the acting is great too.
Adult Written bySettingXSail January 11, 2009
Parent of a 5, 9, 11, and 14 year old Written byJamesRobertson January 4, 2009
Parent of a 13 and 15 year old Written byzanna January 4, 2009

Pretty Trashy!!

My daughter 14 & I thought it was a pretty crude movie. The humor was vulgar,the plot should have been titled how I should have more sense at 50. Yeash!!Every wrong choice awomen could make she did!! It did open a discussion about where slutty behavior will get you. On top of everything else no one could sing!!Save yourself grief & buy an Abba soundtrack instead because it was the only good thing about this movie!!!
Parent of a 10, 13, and 14 year old Written byjudrop December 19, 2008

mamma mia mine

i took my daughter and her 8 year old her friend of 7 years and my other granddaughter of 13 and that is three generations 9of our family and we all thought it was the best film we had seen in years music was brilliant it was funny intriguing and just absolutely fantastic
Adult Written bystacymavros April 9, 2008

Great fun! Audience was singing along!

Starts a bit slow and somewhat hoaky but picks up in fun--by the end the audience was laughing and singing along out loud! I went with a girlfriend and we loved it! Some questionable lines including drug use/alcohol and references to blatant promiscuity but for kids older than 15-16 I think it is still a ton of fun. I have not as of yet been a fan of musical films....this one changed my mind! Meryl Streep is a genuis--every female character in this movie is stellar. Pierce Brosnan maybe shouldn't sing but what the heck--the whole package was great. Take all of your girlfriends and female relatives over the age of 15 to see this one...you will leave feeling happy, joyful and you'll want to sing/dance your way home!!!
Adult Written byOwens3 April 9, 2008
Adult Written bymurphy.mom April 9, 2008

I love ABBA and sang all the way through the movie

I enjoyed the movie! I didn't think any of the singers were Awesome or anything. But it was very enjoyable! Not sure if i would take my 13 year old , just because of the content. 3 dads, not knowing which was the real one......that does promote a loose livestyle. other than that enjoyed the music!
Adult Written byBabushka April 9, 2008

Fun For Moms & Daughters 12 & up!!!!

At first my daughter drags me to this movie,Thinking I would be bored No way my daughter and I had such a good time ! If you want to get a little closer to your preteen this is it! Toe tapping,singing have a ball fun.Now I went out and bought my daughter ABBAS greatest hits.Its better than listening to what they have on the radio.Plus you deal with situations with daughters and not so innocent single moms.Go see it you wont be sorry!!
Adult Written bytechsuz April 9, 2008

Not a true love story - another trashy Hollywood movie

I have read several reviews on this movie and caution that this is another example of a movie where Hollywood makes serious topics appear fun and exciting. Nudity and sexual crude humor. Why would any decent woman want to see this movie? Why would any gentleman agree to take a date to this movie? Save your money and do something positive and uplifting.
Adult Written byCOLESGRAMMY April 9, 2008

IT WAS A FUN MOVIE! WILL SEE IT AGAIN!!!!!!!!

IT MADE YOU LAUGHT, AFTER THE MOVIE WAS OVER EVERYONE CLAPPED, AND SAID GREAT MOVIE!!!!! IT WAS!!!!!! THANKS AGAIN TON AND RETA, GOOD JOB!!!!!!
Adult Written bypreganz April 9, 2008

You wonder what is wrong with America

I really cannot believe people and Christians that feel this thing is alright... I think sexual innuendos is the first stage to more pregnancy... Where are parents?
Adult Written byenaid April 9, 2008