All teen and kid member reviews for Man of Steel

Teen, 17 years old Written byndrwcd June 14, 2013

easily and without a doubt better than the boring 2006 movie superman returns

It's a really good movie even if your not the biggest fan of superman but however I would have given it a higher score if there wasn't any completely unnecessary language in it(Granted it's not frequent which is great but it's still there unfortunently)
Teen, 14 years old Written byElakho July 1, 2013

Spectacular Movie, albeit voilent

Christopher Nolan (Dark Knight Trilogy) and Zack Snyder (300, Watchmen) deliver a fun, fast paced movie that won't disappoint. If you came for a superhero movie, you expectations will be fulfilled. Is the movie on par with Nolan's The Dark Knight? No. That doesn't stop it from being an amazing movie, even if 12-14 year olds might enjoy it more. The thing that stops it from earning the full five stars is the violence. I really enjoy a good fight scene in a movie, but the sheer scale of every single fight somewhat took away from the climatic effect of Kal-El's confrontation with Zod. They aren't intense, gore-filled cringe-fests, just the exchanging of super-punches that tend to make surrounding building look like dominoes. Other than that, if you're not sure, watch it. It's hard to go wrong with this one, and no matter what, you won't fall asleep in the theater.
Teen, 13 years old Written byHightech Redneck July 16, 2014

DC did good with this movie.

CAUTION: SPOILERS! YOU'VE BEEN WARNED! Lots of action and a tiny bit of humor. Okay story. Good acting. Awesome CGI! Superman is not a great role model in this movie. That was very surprising. I usually don't cover consumerism in movies, but this was flooded with product placement. It annoys me that Superman was shown drinking beer. TONS OF PEOPLE DIE! The city is pretty much destroyed in the end. Superman eventually snaps Zod's neck. Thanks Superman, you couldn't have done that before at least millions of people died and the city's destroyed. Overall, DC's best movie so far.
Kid, 9 years old December 15, 2013

BEST SUPERHERO MOVIE EVER!

This was the best superhero movie but there are some scary clips in the movie that may scare little kids but the end is epic and the action clips are so good but it is a very long movie for little kids but it did not scare me !
Kid, 10 years old July 7, 2013

Man Of Steel

Man of Steel is a great movie!It is how he landed on earth and met Lois Lane and gets a job at the chronicle,and battles Zod.Some scenes were scary,so,i would say 12+,but unlike CSM,I would not give it iffy for ten or eleven.violence and language being the biggest issue,there is no drinking that i saw,and sex is limited too kisses,Superman is ''Hot'' says a woman,and a crude remark from Lois Lane about male testicles.language is intermediate,and the slang for male testicles is probably the worst it gets.I would recommend it!It's very good and a whole new story.
Teen, 14 years old Written byAhiena7 June 18, 2013

Awesome Superman

I actually some the movie yesterday,June 17. It was the best superman movie to me ever and yes, I had saw the old ones. I thought the superman character was hot. I thought this was Amy Adams best movie role. I thought the villains was awesome. I had a hard time decided if I wanted the good or evil side to win. I thought the movie was well written and cleverly plotted. The movie was awesome. I now heart DC comics now.
Kid, 10 years old June 15, 2013

Suppppeeerrrrmaaaaaannnnn to the rescue!!!!!

This movie is awesome! I just saw this movie today with my dad. I usually hate superman movies, but this one is great. There is some violence including people getting hit, kicked, punched etc. 2 people's necks get broken with crunching noises. There also is a lot of destruction. I did hear some language. This movie has a lot of positive role models though. I would not recommend this film to kids under 9
Kid, 9 years old June 14, 2013

awesome movie

Really good movie with a lot of positive messages and positive role models and a lot of violence and language and a few noticable products
Teen, 17 years old Written bythebussinessteen June 13, 2013

nice but wash the mouth

The movie was awesome it did not add up in a sequence.the superman.and they sent him from clergy.the energy takes up but not in a sequence way of order.the language I was not expecting in movie.it was clearly shocking.but it is infrequent but Still there.are.a lot of curses like.s--t A-s a--whole A--whip d--n d--k d--ksplash. Their are.a.few kisses. Clark and a girl make out a few times.
Teen, 15 years old Written bySaad1Khan November 15, 2014

Teen, 15 years old Written byJflores14 July 2, 2014

Deep and emotional remake surpass all marvel movies

This awesome and emotional retelling of the well known hero, superman, is a movie all teens will want to see. While the language is rough at some points, the positive messages about humanity and the parallel references to Jesus throughout the film make it a must see! Content: Sex: 1/10one big kiss. A man spanks a woman's bottom in a demeaning way. Violence:7/10 buildings blow up, necks broken, guns blasted, planets destroyed, hand to hand combat, women are choked, slapping, mass destruction, etc. language: 5/10 2 uses of d**k( stop comparing each other's d**k sizes; you d**ksplash) effin is used in the last 2 min of the film, damn and he'll used about 2-3 times, gods name is used, ass is also used.
Kid, 11 years old May 26, 2014

Man of Steel

It was amazing, but it wasn't enough to make me watch it again. My MPAA Rating: Rated PG-13: For Intense Sequences Of Action Violence Throughout, Strong Language, Destruction, and some Sensuality.
Kid, 11 years old April 27, 2014

It's really super, man!

awesome!!! :)
Kid, 7 years old April 27, 2014

It's Super, Man!

Great Awesome movie! For 8 3/4!!!!!!
Kid, 12 years old January 5, 2014

My First Superman Movie

This was a great movie and the first superman movie i have ever seen. I wasn't disappointed. There was some use of inappropriate language, but very infrequently. The movie didn't have a lot of blood and gore, but many people are killed over the course of the movie, often to fast to really be noticed. Superman is as always a good role model, and will do anything to help people. Even Superman's enemy just tried to do what he thought was right.
Kid, 11 years old October 7, 2013

AWESOME MOVIE

This film is extremely good, but the 3D was horrible.
Kid, 11 years old September 3, 2013

Man of steel

I think it is violence that picks kids off.
Teen, 16 years old Written byOfficial Critic August 20, 2013

Man of Steel Review

As much spectacle and action — minute-by-minute, frame-by-frame — as any movie anyone could think of. Zack Snyder’s huge, backstory-heavy extravaganza is a rehab job that perhaps didn’t cry out to be done but proves so overwhelmingly insistent in its size and strength that it’s hard not to give in.
Teen, 15 years old Written byRhian De Questa July 28, 2013

You can save them - after you kill some of them

Had so much potential, and ended up being terrible. While Henry Caville did a good job portraying Superman, the rest of the cast with the exception of Russell Crowe didn't live up to the expectations of the audience. The entire movie was full of massive plot sinkholes, and while the start-stop action sequences of Antje Traoue's Faora Ul were cool, there was too much explosion - I was sitting close to the movie screen, and quite surprised that I didn't go blind every time a truck or building or spaceship or person or airplane of house exploded - which is just about every two minutes. The biggest problem for me besides the acting and the plot sinkholes was Jor-El's plaintive statement "You can save them Cal, you can save all of them" - in a near following scene, in a fit of rage Cal smashes through eight buildings, killing Lord knows how many people just because Zod punched his mother. The main villain was dry and tasteless, and while he can survive being sucked up by a black hole and I-beams and trucks thrown at him, he dies from a simple neck snap that he should have gotten a long time ago from being thrown through buildings. Zod's redeeming quality is his relationship with his Captain Faora-Ul, who's crying at the destruction of Krypton was relatively heart-rending, but still didn't make us like her as much as the Romulan Nero from Star Trek, who had a similar experience, or the family-deprived Khan from the sequel. My overall verdict is that they tried too hard to make it a good action movie, and they overachieved, which made it a pretty bad movie.
Teen, 17 years old Written bymovie freak15 July 12, 2013

Good but not as good as other super hero movies

I just saw this movie last night and I thought it was good. There was nothing really bad in it except there was quite a bit of violence. I don't think this movie is as good as the past super-hero movies that have been out. I was expecting more but it ended up giving me less.