All member reviews for Man of Steel

Kid, 9 years old July 1, 2013

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

There should be a category (above) for "boring." Waste of time. Loud.yawn.
Teen, 14 years old Written byShawn Lewis June 28, 2013

Only for superman fans.

Before I saw this movie, people said that anyone would LOVE this movie, but I honestly didn't enjoy it that much.
Teen, 15 years old Written byShadowofchaos41 June 16, 2013

The Summer movie of the year!!!

This movie was insane. Almost non-stop action very good messages, but at times the movie gets dark. I also liked how Superman's Kryptonian father played a big role. There is also a closing climax scene Superman vs Zod showdown at the end. Awesome movie with a fight to the death ending. Scenes may be scary for younger viewers. 2 neck snapping scenes and mild kssing is all to worry about. I am not a huge fan of Superman and hated all the previous movies but this was awesome. I am happy to see a good Superman movie.
Kid, 11 years old August 11, 2013

The action is very destructive (when the really is any) !

Man of Steel is not as dark as the dark night or iron man 3 but has some fairly destructive violence. The bad guy (Zod) can be scary when he appears on TV but not to much. There is also a flash back where superman sees his young self seeing everyone's skeletons and his eyes glow.There isn't much action either until the middle-end.If you've seen The dark night or Iron man 3 it should be absolutely fine.
Kid, 10 years old July 14, 2013

Loud and exciting reboot delivers

The main thing to know about this movie is that it is VERY loud. There was some language including "d**k", "a*s", "s**t", and "hell" but it wasn't too serious. There were lots of over the top fight scenes and explosions. The acting was good and the vfx were great. I think this movie is under rated and that it deserves the title "The Last Son of Krypton".
Teen, 15 years old Written byRockAndRollKid July 8, 2013

Not for young kids but great for Pre-Teens,Teens,and Adults

So I went to see this movie with my cousin and I thought it was ok. It wasent very funny and I wanted to laugh more like Iron Man 3. Anyways the reason I rated it 10 up is because there is violonce including battling,fights,explosions,and aliens. If you have a kid who is 8 or 9 please talk to them and see if they can handle the movie (the movie wasent as violent as I expected). I hope you though the review was good.
Teen, 16 years old Written bybretnummer248 July 1, 2013

Good movie for 13+

This is a great movie for kids 13 and up. It is an action packed movie so expect fights between super-powered people frequently. The special effects in this are breathtaking and used constantly throughout the film. There is some language in the first quarter of the movie. There are many positive role models in this movie such as Clark/Kal-El/Superman, both of his fathers, and even Zod because he is doing what he is made for.
Kid, 11 years old June 30, 2013

Great movie suitable for kids

This movie is great for kids over 10 because kids under ten may not understand and it may be a little too violent for them. A few times it says d**k so that may be something to watch for because it does have a few other cuss words as well. Overall I think this was the best movie I have ever seen!
Teen, 14 years old Written byHamza kharal June 29, 2013

Useful info.

Spoiler alert!! Zoe dies after superman kills him. Kal el's dad dies in beginning After kriton is destroyed, Zoe and his partners are free.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymovielover7271 June 28, 2013

Typical but not typical. Great but not excellent. Its enjoyable but its no dark knight and its better than green lantern (as is most other movies)

Man of steel is sure to be one of the most talked about movies this year, but is it that good? Yes and no. The story begins when kal el (Superman/Clark) is born and is sent away to earth when his home planet krypton is no longer safe. While after living for years with his believed to be family, his strength begins to show and his "father" thinks it will only be right to give up the secret. Later on he becomes that mysterious man that nobody really knows or cares about until Lois Lane finds him and begins to spread the word about "aliens" and then it just becomes the casual superhero movie where the villain (general zod) attacks. This is a movie with a A great story, great hardcore action, visual effects and acting. The only thing I didn't like was the unnecessary use of language like d--ksplash, a-swipe, a-s, d--k, s--t, and crap. Little baby Clark's "private area" is shown twice but it's brief and he's just a little baby so I think that's why they didn't put nudity in the rating. Also it may be a little confusing when they switch trough the different time periods in Clark's sad life. Enjoyable but not flawless. Ages 9-10+ and Grade B+
Teen, 17 years old Written bySeriouslytholikebrah December 15, 2014

Laaaaaaaaaaaat... What's the dick measuring for??

Fam, that Faora chick made my nut explode. Nuff said.
Kid, 10 years old December 7, 2014

Best superman movie ever

The movie is the best superman movie ever.But there is moderate violence and language.There are explosions and hand to hand combat.The language they use are d--k,s--t,damn,hell,and a--hole.There is one f--king but it's incomplete.It's okay for kids ages 10+.
Teen, 15 years old Written bySaad1Khan November 15, 2014

Teen, 14 years old Written byJimmy brew October 26, 2014

Moody,graphic reload is darker then ever

My rating:PG-13 for intense sequences of violence and action,language,sexuality/nudity and drug references
Kid, 11 years old October 22, 2014

Disappointing but not a complete disaster

Violence- 3 (Action violence the whole way through)
Teen, 17 years old Written byChristopherGraham October 9, 2014

"Man of Steel" by Christopher Graham

I hate to tell you all of this, but this film is a big disappointment to me. It lacks all of the excitement and fun that the 1978 film had. It lacks character development, it lacks chemistry, and it lacks a super and superb script. Middle-Teens are able to see this movie, maybe under adult supervision.
Kid, 11 years old September 18, 2014

See it

Dude this movie is awesome they did have some swearing like s--t a-- a--hole crap a--wipe d--k d--ksplash b---h h--l d--n someone uses f--k without the letters filled in and really there is only flirting and kids can handle destruction so there is nothing bad beacause parents u do know your kids in school hear bad words trust me so if u know that than they can see this movie maybe
Teen, 13 years old Written byHightech Redneck July 16, 2014

DC did good with this movie.

CAUTION: SPOILERS! YOU'VE BEEN WARNED! Lots of action and a tiny bit of humor. Okay story. Good acting. Awesome CGI! Superman is not a great role model in this movie. That was very surprising. I usually don't cover consumerism in movies, but this was flooded with product placement. It annoys me that Superman was shown drinking beer. TONS OF PEOPLE DIE! The city is pretty much destroyed in the end. Superman eventually snaps Zod's neck. Thanks Superman, you couldn't have done that before at least millions of people died and the city's destroyed. Overall, DC's best movie so far.
Kid, 10 years old July 10, 2014

sucks

so not a sucess.
Teen, 15 years old Written byJflores14 July 2, 2014

Deep and emotional remake surpass all marvel movies

This awesome and emotional retelling of the well known hero, superman, is a movie all teens will want to see. While the language is rough at some points, the positive messages about humanity and the parallel references to Jesus throughout the film make it a must see! Content: Sex: 1/10one big kiss. A man spanks a woman's bottom in a demeaning way. Violence:7/10 buildings blow up, necks broken, guns blasted, planets destroyed, hand to hand combat, women are choked, slapping, mass destruction, etc. language: 5/10 2 uses of d**k( stop comparing each other's d**k sizes; you d**ksplash) effin is used in the last 2 min of the film, damn and he'll used about 2-3 times, gods name is used, ass is also used.