All member reviews for Man of Steel

Teen, 17 years old Written byLotherd January 29, 2014

Teen, 15 years old Written byMr Blonde January 28, 2014

Kid, 10 years old January 21, 2014

Man Of Steel Review

It was just fine. Pretty good. I loved the story, plot. The acting is very good. But some times in the movie is like "We Get It!" It feels like the whole audience wants to yell it. But It was pretty good. Just language is an issue and violence
Kid, 10 years old January 20, 2014

thrills await you!

I think common sense media's review is wrong I am 9 years old I watched it and I am perfectly fine.
Kid, 9 years old January 18, 2014

man of steel is intense

very intense, not for kids, when i watched the trailer, i knew that it was not going to be for kids. and i was right, it was not for kids. zack synder the director probably wanted to make it for grown ups, and i'm fine with that.
Kid, 12 years old January 18, 2014

Think people!

Wasn't everybody wanting a movie where Superman punches something? Anyway, I liked it a lot but can still see why people don't. Hans Zimmer did a super (no pun intended) good job with the score. Visually striking, yet not mindless. Saw when I was 11 so it'll be fine for their age, and mabye a bit younger.
Kid, 11 years old January 11, 2014

Good movie, but not the best DC movie

This movie has such good visual effects, which is why I gave it 4 stars instead of 3. Younger kids, though, shouldn't be watching this movie.It is very violent, but not bloody. Language isn't too strong, though, with a couple uses of "ass" and "d--k", and drinking isn't strong either, except for that one short scene takes place at a bar, where people are shown drinking beer.
Teen, 13 years old Written byFamilyTrek January 2, 2014

A good one to watch with a comic book geek

Superman starts to strangle General Zod which makes him shoot lasers out of his eyes, they scream and Superman suddenly breaks his neck and kills him. General Zod stabs a man in the back. Superman' step-father is killed in a tornado. It's alright but is a bit boring.
Kid, 6 years old November 22, 2013

An Umer Made

Younf reporter Lois Kent roams the world covering news stories but becomes apon a super hero that meets his destiny in the best action packed movie with romance, language, alcohol referance and non stop entertainment.
Teen, 14 years old Written byleakingrye November 18, 2013

So-so

I bated this movie. But it was good
Teen, 17 years old Written byletztalkmoveez November 17, 2013

The Man of Steel is back.

This movie transcends superhero entertainment, much like "The Dark Knight" in 2008, not to say that this is in any noticeable measure similar to "The Dark Knight". It's a kick-ass comic book movie that manages to be all at once exhilarating, funny, touching, reverent to its source material and also forward-thinking. Henry is Supes, and this bone-crushing face punch of a summer blockbuster is as ultra-Superman as they come, superbly tackling the enigmatic character and the ideals that character represents. Oh God, I'm tearing up again (Nick/Red reference).
Teen, 14 years old Written bytamara abboud October 16, 2013

great movie <3

it is an amazing movie i really liked it it might have 1 or 2 kissing scenes but not bad i recomend watching it cause its a great movie
Teen, 14 years old Written byironkid21 October 10, 2013

New Superman is a big improvement over the last one and really fun, surprisingly touching, and interesting!

Kid, 10 years old August 24, 2013

Great Movie, Some Language, Some Fighting and stuff little kids couldn't stand

Some language but wasn't noticeable for me really, some violence fighting, the bad guy and superman (man of steel) are fighting and some scary moments that kids 11 or 10 under might not be able to handle, i'm 10 and i loved this movie! amazing! This Should Be the MPAA rating and the reason: This Film is rated PG-13 for- Sc-Fi Action, Some Lanuage Thourghout, Scary Images, And Non-Bloody Violence
Teen, 13 years old Written byLiveLoveLOL August 15, 2013

Very Good

Man of Steel is a thrilling action movie keeps you intrigued. There is a fair amount of violence (actually maybe more than that), but it isn't all bloody and gross. There is some minor cussing, but not to bad. Sh** is said one time, but that's it aside from some other minor language. Overall, Man of Steel is a great and entertaining movie, full of different things that can satisfy what everyone likes best. Some sad and emotional, some suspenseful, lots of action, romance. It has it all! I definetely recommend it. And as a bonus for all the other teenage girls out there, Superman is hot;)
Teen, 17 years old Written byKennedy_Tucker1 August 13, 2013

Superman

My dad and I are big Superman fans, we both really enjoyed this film and cant wait till the second one! Me and my dad went to the midnight showing and had a blast. Very thrilling and a lot of action.
Kid, 11 years old August 11, 2013

The action is very destructive (when the really is any) !

Man of Steel is not as dark as the dark night or iron man 3 but has some fairly destructive violence. The bad guy (Zod) can be scary when he appears on TV but not to much. There is also a flash back where superman sees his young self seeing everyone's skeletons and his eyes glow.There isn't much action either until the middle-end.If you've seen The dark night or Iron man 3 it should be absolutely fine.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBruno1 August 2, 2013

Kid, 11 years old July 15, 2013

SUPER COMEBACK FOR THE MAN OF STEEL

I have to say this is the best superman film since superman 2 waaaaaaaaay back in 1980!! Thats a long time after that we've had lots of bad superman films mainly superman 3, superman 4 the quest for peace and superman returns [which i thought was OK not saying i liked it alot it just wasn't as bad as 3 or 4]. Anyway lets try and forget about those terrible movies and focus on this great reboot. Henry Cavill makes a great Clark Kent/Kal-el/Superman and so does Michael Shannon as General Zod. Kevin Costner and Russel Crowe also shine as both of Supermans fathers. The one role that disappointed me abit was Amy Adams as Lois Lane. She was kind of wasted and i couldn't feel as though she was put in there just for superman to save and start the whole Lois/Clark relationship but the parts she were in were good so at least she played the part well. one thing i liked about this new superman movie is that we get to see krypton again, but this time it feels like a real planet with a population, a system, a culture and that kind of thing not just a boring ice planet like in the old films. There is quite abit of language which surprised me. Usually in superhero movies there is only abit of mild language [son of a b*tch and a*s are used the most in superhero movies] but this one had HEAPS. sh*t, a*s, h*ll, d*mn, d*ck and cr*p just to name some of it. The soundtrack in this movie was awesome as well mainly "an ideal of hope" and "what are you going to do when you are not saving the world". So now to the action scenes. so these are the parts that tore the movie for me. i get it Zack Snyder is a very visual director and likes using CGI but this one just had waaaaaaaaaaay too much. Not saying that's bad because when the action scenes happen they are very cool but they go on too long. this were my thoughts when watching the action scenes. "hmm yeah this is cool superman and zod are throwing each other around" then a little while later "hmm yeah still cool but do something else please" then "OK can you please stop fighting for a while" so yes the action scenes were cool but they lasted abit too long, it's like when you watch a 30min fireworks show and after the first 10mins your are like "OK thats cool but i am not really going to see anything new here am i ?" Anyway aside from all my gripes i had a really great time with this movie and i hope it leads to bigger and better things like a justice league movie. So in the end Man of steel deserves an 8.5/10 and it is definitely worth buying on blu-ray.
Teen, 16 years old Written bysisterwhocares July 15, 2013

Lengthy but wonderfully-made Superman remake is surprisingly anti-violent

When I was younger, I used to be a huge fan of Superman (despite being a girl). I loved the old films, and hoped that this new one would be just as good. And, I am definitely pleased to say that this new Superman film has not only surpassed the old films, but caused me to fall in love with the classic comic book superhero all over again. The thing about the movie that I love the most is how serious and thoughtful it is (which, contrary to what most critics say, adds to the film rather than detracting from it). As the original review said, Superman's story is treated with strong reverence; I could tell that the people who worked on this film were aiming for something greater than a money-maker. In the film, there are a lot of surprising religious undertones and indirect messages on anti-violence that make the movie have more heart and soul than most action flicks today. And that is part of why Superman has stood the test of time. His unabashed devotion to protecting others against evil and strong reluctance to kill his enemies, even when they are evil to the core, have made him one of the most beloved superheroes of all time. The director and lead actor both clearly recognized this universal good-conquers-evil theme and successfully manifested it into their art. Speaking of acting, Henry Cavill did a fantastic job playing Superman, nailing the intense facial expressions the role demanded. Not to mention that he's ridiculously attractive! The other actors did an excellent job as well, especially Russell Crowe, who rebounded well from failing tragically at his role as Javert in Les Miserables. Despite the movie's outstanding merits, there were a few flaws. The camera work was very shaky, and that always annoys me; it may be effective at portraying chaos, but it is still not aesthetically appealing at all. The chronological order in which the flashbacks are shown is also rather awkward; I feel like they were inserted into the action somewhat randomly. Also, how can a man who entered a cave exit hours later suddenly clean-shaven? Finally, the film is rather lengthy, and I often found myself asking, "Holy cow, when is this going to be over???" Not that I wanted it to end! Despite these flaws, the film is beautifully reverent and thoughtful, and was worth every dime I spent on that ticket.