All teen and kid member reviews for Man of Steel

Kid, 10 years old August 24, 2013

Great Movie, Some Language, Some Fighting and stuff little kids couldn't stand

Some language but wasn't noticeable for me really, some violence fighting, the bad guy and superman (man of steel) are fighting and some scary moments that kids 11 or 10 under might not be able to handle, i'm 10 and i loved this movie! amazing! This Should Be the MPAA rating and the reason: This Film is rated PG-13 for- Sc-Fi Action, Some Lanuage Thourghout, Scary Images, And Non-Bloody Violence
Teen, 13 years old Written byLiveLoveLOL August 15, 2013

Very Good

Man of Steel is a thrilling action movie keeps you intrigued. There is a fair amount of violence (actually maybe more than that), but it isn't all bloody and gross. There is some minor cussing, but not to bad. Sh** is said one time, but that's it aside from some other minor language. Overall, Man of Steel is a great and entertaining movie, full of different things that can satisfy what everyone likes best. Some sad and emotional, some suspenseful, lots of action, romance. It has it all! I definetely recommend it. And as a bonus for all the other teenage girls out there, Superman is hot;)
Teen, 17 years old Written byKennedy_Tucker1 August 13, 2013

Superman

My dad and I are big Superman fans, we both really enjoyed this film and cant wait till the second one! Me and my dad went to the midnight showing and had a blast. Very thrilling and a lot of action.
Kid, 11 years old August 11, 2013

The action is very destructive (when the really is any) !

Man of Steel is not as dark as the dark night or iron man 3 but has some fairly destructive violence. The bad guy (Zod) can be scary when he appears on TV but not to much. There is also a flash back where superman sees his young self seeing everyone's skeletons and his eyes glow.There isn't much action either until the middle-end.If you've seen The dark night or Iron man 3 it should be absolutely fine.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBruno1 August 2, 2013
Kid, 11 years old July 15, 2013

SUPER COMEBACK FOR THE MAN OF STEEL

I have to say this is the best superman film since superman 2 waaaaaaaaay back in 1980!! Thats a long time after that we've had lots of bad superman films mainly superman 3, superman 4 the quest for peace and superman returns [which i thought was OK not saying i liked it alot it just wasn't as bad as 3 or 4]. Anyway lets try and forget about those terrible movies and focus on this great reboot. Henry Cavill makes a great Clark Kent/Kal-el/Superman and so does Michael Shannon as General Zod. Kevin Costner and Russel Crowe also shine as both of Supermans fathers. The one role that disappointed me abit was Amy Adams as Lois Lane. She was kind of wasted and i couldn't feel as though she was put in there just for superman to save and start the whole Lois/Clark relationship but the parts she were in were good so at least she played the part well. one thing i liked about this new superman movie is that we get to see krypton again, but this time it feels like a real planet with a population, a system, a culture and that kind of thing not just a boring ice planet like in the old films. There is quite abit of language which surprised me. Usually in superhero movies there is only abit of mild language [son of a b*tch and a*s are used the most in superhero movies] but this one had HEAPS. sh*t, a*s, h*ll, d*mn, d*ck and cr*p just to name some of it. The soundtrack in this movie was awesome as well mainly "an ideal of hope" and "what are you going to do when you are not saving the world". So now to the action scenes. so these are the parts that tore the movie for me. i get it Zack Snyder is a very visual director and likes using CGI but this one just had waaaaaaaaaaay too much. Not saying that's bad because when the action scenes happen they are very cool but they go on too long. this were my thoughts when watching the action scenes. "hmm yeah this is cool superman and zod are throwing each other around" then a little while later "hmm yeah still cool but do something else please" then "OK can you please stop fighting for a while" so yes the action scenes were cool but they lasted abit too long, it's like when you watch a 30min fireworks show and after the first 10mins your are like "OK thats cool but i am not really going to see anything new here am i ?" Anyway aside from all my gripes i had a really great time with this movie and i hope it leads to bigger and better things like a justice league movie. So in the end Man of steel deserves an 8.5/10 and it is definitely worth buying on blu-ray.
Teen, 16 years old Written bysisterwhocares July 15, 2013

Lengthy but wonderfully-made Superman remake is surprisingly anti-violent

When I was younger, I used to be a huge fan of Superman (despite being a girl). I loved the old films, and hoped that this new one would be just as good. And, I am definitely pleased to say that this new Superman film has not only surpassed the old films, but caused me to fall in love with the classic comic book superhero all over again. The thing about the movie that I love the most is how serious and thoughtful it is (which, contrary to what most critics say, adds to the film rather than detracting from it). As the original review said, Superman's story is treated with strong reverence; I could tell that the people who worked on this film were aiming for something greater than a money-maker. In the film, there are a lot of surprising religious undertones and indirect messages on anti-violence that make the movie have more heart and soul than most action flicks today. And that is part of why Superman has stood the test of time. His unabashed devotion to protecting others against evil and strong reluctance to kill his enemies, even when they are evil to the core, have made him one of the most beloved superheroes of all time. The director and lead actor both clearly recognized this universal good-conquers-evil theme and successfully manifested it into their art. Speaking of acting, Henry Cavill did a fantastic job playing Superman, nailing the intense facial expressions the role demanded. Not to mention that he's ridiculously attractive! The other actors did an excellent job as well, especially Russell Crowe, who rebounded well from failing tragically at his role as Javert in Les Miserables. Despite the movie's outstanding merits, there were a few flaws. The camera work was very shaky, and that always annoys me; it may be effective at portraying chaos, but it is still not aesthetically appealing at all. The chronological order in which the flashbacks are shown is also rather awkward; I feel like they were inserted into the action somewhat randomly. Also, how can a man who entered a cave exit hours later suddenly clean-shaven? Finally, the film is rather lengthy, and I often found myself asking, "Holy cow, when is this going to be over???" Not that I wanted it to end! Despite these flaws, the film is beautifully reverent and thoughtful, and was worth every dime I spent on that ticket.
Kid, 11 years old July 14, 2013

Not a great film, but ok for 10 and up

I thought this movie would be great, but it was instead disapointing, too much explosions and overly long, it could have been better.
Kid, 10 years old July 14, 2013

Loud and exciting reboot delivers

The main thing to know about this movie is that it is VERY loud. There was some language including "d**k", "a*s", "s**t", and "hell" but it wasn't too serious. There were lots of over the top fight scenes and explosions. The acting was good and the vfx were great. I think this movie is under rated and that it deserves the title "The Last Son of Krypton".
Teen, 15 years old Written byRockAndRollKid July 8, 2013

Not for young kids but great for Pre-Teens,Teens,and Adults

So I went to see this movie with my cousin and I thought it was ok. It wasent very funny and I wanted to laugh more like Iron Man 3. Anyways the reason I rated it 10 up is because there is violonce including battling,fights,explosions,and aliens. If you have a kid who is 8 or 9 please talk to them and see if they can handle the movie (the movie wasent as violent as I expected). I hope you though the review was good.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBigben28 July 7, 2013

Same old action movie.

Teen, 14 years old Written bybranman894 July 6, 2013

Man of Steel is Better then I Expected

Man of Steel is a good movie with a lot of good special effects and good acting. It is a very long movie but still you will enjoy it. The script isn't really new but it isn't terrible it is just mediocore. The music in the movie is great. Overall it deserves the 4 stars I'm giving it.
Teen, 16 years old Written bybretnummer248 July 1, 2013

Good movie for 13+

This is a great movie for kids 13 and up. It is an action packed movie so expect fights between super-powered people frequently. The special effects in this are breathtaking and used constantly throughout the film. There is some language in the first quarter of the movie. There are many positive role models in this movie such as Clark/Kal-El/Superman, both of his fathers, and even Zod because he is doing what he is made for.
Kid, 9 years old July 1, 2013

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

There should be a category (above) for "boring." Waste of time. Loud.yawn.
Kid, 11 years old June 30, 2013

Great movie suitable for kids

This movie is great for kids over 10 because kids under ten may not understand and it may be a little too violent for them. A few times it says d**k so that may be something to watch for because it does have a few other cuss words as well. Overall I think this was the best movie I have ever seen!
Teen, 14 years old Written byHamza kharal June 29, 2013

Useful info.

Spoiler alert!! Zoe dies after superman kills him. Kal el's dad dies in beginning After kriton is destroyed, Zoe and his partners are free.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymovielover7271 June 28, 2013

Typical but not typical. Great but not excellent. Its enjoyable but its no dark knight and its better than green lantern (as is most other movies)

Man of steel is sure to be one of the most talked about movies this year, but is it that good? Yes and no. The story begins when kal el (Superman/Clark) is born and is sent away to earth when his home planet krypton is no longer safe. While after living for years with his believed to be family, his strength begins to show and his "father" thinks it will only be right to give up the secret. Later on he becomes that mysterious man that nobody really knows or cares about until Lois Lane finds him and begins to spread the word about "aliens" and then it just becomes the casual superhero movie where the villain (general zod) attacks. This is a movie with a A great story, great hardcore action, visual effects and acting. The only thing I didn't like was the unnecessary use of language like d--ksplash, a-swipe, a-s, d--k, s--t, and crap. Little baby Clark's "private area" is shown twice but it's brief and he's just a little baby so I think that's why they didn't put nudity in the rating. Also it may be a little confusing when they switch trough the different time periods in Clark's sad life. Enjoyable but not flawless. Ages 9-10+ and Grade B+
Teen, 14 years old Written byShawn Lewis June 28, 2013

Only for superman fans.

Before I saw this movie, people said that anyone would LOVE this movie, but I honestly didn't enjoy it that much.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBatman101 June 27, 2013

PARENTS BE WARNED

I loved this movie. People keep saying there was a brief, non-eyebrow raising sex scene, but i didnt see that so i'd say that thats isn't really a problem. The language wasn't nearly as bad as The Dark Knight Rises, so that wasn't a huge problem. But my problem was that in the beginning (and in a flashback or 2) you see baby Kal-El's "gentlemans area" and that disturbed me since this was PG-13. But then again... The director also directed Watchmen (book was awesome, wannna see movie) and 300 (also looks awesome) which both ended up being rated R for Strong Language & Nudity so it's not SUPER suprizing. But parents and kids be warned: This movie is intense, violent, and has semi-strong language along with cryable parts. I am a guy and i nearly cried during the storm flashback.
Teen, 15 years old Written byjb321678 June 26, 2013

Superman truly has a new suit.

When Zach Snyder (300, Watchmen), Christopher Nolan (Dark Knight Trilogy, Inception), and Superman are all put together into one film, you know it's going to be interesting. In many ways, interesting is probably one of the best ways to define Man of Steel. Man of Steel might not be the best Superman movie ever, but it is surely a solid one. The style of this film is very different. To be honest, I have never really seen a film like Man of Steel. In terms of past Superman films, Man of Steel is very unfamiliar. It's obvious from the very begging Snyder and Nolan have their own vision for the franchise and they put Superman in uncharted territory. For example, the first thirty minutes of the film takes place on planet Krypton. In my opinion, it was one of the best parts of the movie. Was it different? Was it weird? Heck yeah but it was awesome all at the same time. For me, that’s what was so great about the film. It was so insane and so sci-fi it just felt good. This is nothing like the original Superman film but if you ask me, that’s a good thing. Although, this film isn’t perfect. The action was very impressive, but after a while (especially towards the end) it got slightly old. I mean how many times can Superman crash though a building? Also, Clark’s human dad was a disappointment for me. I really wanted to like Costner playing Jonathan Kent but the film never really made clear what he wanted from Clark. Although, one of the films most touching scenes involves Jonathan Kent and it was pretty great. Russell Crowe plays Jor-El and I have to admit, I don’t think I could be more impressed. He was excellent. With Russell Crow playing Kal-El’s (AKA Clark, Superman) father, the audience was allowed to connect with Superman personally. That sounds a little weird but I promise it makes sense if you watch it. In terms of family friendliness, this film is in square PG-13 territory. There is virtually no sexual content but there is some language towards the begging of the film. It’s the action parents might want to watch out for. It is never graphic or really disturbing but it is very destructive. In the end, I was very satisfied. Were there flaws? Yeah there actually were quite a few but I still felt like this film tried something new and it worked. It worked great. Man of Steel’s shortcomings are made up by it’s grand scale of such wonder that was so very impressive.