All member reviews for Man of Steel

Kid, 9 years old July 1, 2013

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

There should be a category (above) for "boring." Waste of time. Loud.yawn.
Kid, 11 years old June 30, 2013

Great movie suitable for kids

This movie is great for kids over 10 because kids under ten may not understand and it may be a little too violent for them. A few times it says d**k so that may be something to watch for because it does have a few other cuss words as well. Overall I think this was the best movie I have ever seen!
Teen, 14 years old Written byHamza kharal June 29, 2013

Useful info.

Spoiler alert!! Zoe dies after superman kills him. Kal el's dad dies in beginning After kriton is destroyed, Zoe and his partners are free.
Teen, 15 years old Written byJosh2515 June 28, 2013

Best superman ever!

I really liked this one. the graphics were amazing. there are good things to do with fathers like sacrifice and helping his son see what is right from both sides adoptive and real father.The story was good it was about turning the other cheek and just walking away. People bully Clark Kent in school and he could have vaporized everyone but he doesn't because he knows its wrong. I liked it because I really like sci fi and superheros so this was perfect the language wasn't bad except one part was a little over the top when a woman asks 2 men if they are done measuring dic-s. The violence is more large scale than individual. but the enemy can get pounded and pounded and pounded and still survive but I liked it . "spoiler alert" the most violent thing that happens is when superman has his nemesis in a headlock and his nemesis is shooting his laser vision at afamily and superman is trying to hold his head back band askes him to please stop but he doesn't so superman breaks his neck. he didn't want to because they could have worked together and also he was the last of his kind. Overall it would be good for most kids 12 and up.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymovielover7271 June 28, 2013

Typical but not typical. Great but not excellent. Its enjoyable but its no dark knight and its better than green lantern (as is most other movies)

Man of steel is sure to be one of the most talked about movies this year, but is it that good? Yes and no. The story begins when kal el (Superman/Clark) is born and is sent away to earth when his home planet krypton is no longer safe. While after living for years with his believed to be family, his strength begins to show and his "father" thinks it will only be right to give up the secret. Later on he becomes that mysterious man that nobody really knows or cares about until Lois Lane finds him and begins to spread the word about "aliens" and then it just becomes the casual superhero movie where the villain (general zod) attacks. This is a movie with a A great story, great hardcore action, visual effects and acting. The only thing I didn't like was the unnecessary use of language like d--ksplash, a-swipe, a-s, d--k, s--t, and crap. Little baby Clark's "private area" is shown twice but it's brief and he's just a little baby so I think that's why they didn't put nudity in the rating. Also it may be a little confusing when they switch trough the different time periods in Clark's sad life. Enjoyable but not flawless. Ages 9-10+ and Grade B+
Teen, 14 years old Written byShawn Lewis June 28, 2013

Only for superman fans.

Before I saw this movie, people said that anyone would LOVE this movie, but I honestly didn't enjoy it that much.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBatman101 June 27, 2013

PARENTS BE WARNED

I loved this movie. People keep saying there was a brief, non-eyebrow raising sex scene, but i didnt see that so i'd say that thats isn't really a problem. The language wasn't nearly as bad as The Dark Knight Rises, so that wasn't a huge problem. But my problem was that in the beginning (and in a flashback or 2) you see baby Kal-El's "gentlemans area" and that disturbed me since this was PG-13. But then again... The director also directed Watchmen (book was awesome, wannna see movie) and 300 (also looks awesome) which both ended up being rated R for Strong Language & Nudity so it's not SUPER suprizing. But parents and kids be warned: This movie is intense, violent, and has semi-strong language along with cryable parts. I am a guy and i nearly cried during the storm flashback.
Teen, 15 years old Written byjb321678 June 26, 2013

Superman truly has a new suit.

When Zach Snyder (300, Watchmen), Christopher Nolan (Dark Knight Trilogy, Inception), and Superman are all put together into one film, you know it's going to be interesting. In many ways, interesting is probably one of the best ways to define Man of Steel. Man of Steel might not be the best Superman movie ever, but it is surely a solid one. The style of this film is very different. To be honest, I have never really seen a film like Man of Steel. In terms of past Superman films, Man of Steel is very unfamiliar. It's obvious from the very begging Snyder and Nolan have their own vision for the franchise and they put Superman in uncharted territory. For example, the first thirty minutes of the film takes place on planet Krypton. In my opinion, it was one of the best parts of the movie. Was it different? Was it weird? Heck yeah but it was awesome all at the same time. For me, that’s what was so great about the film. It was so insane and so sci-fi it just felt good. This is nothing like the original Superman film but if you ask me, that’s a good thing. Although, this film isn’t perfect. The action was very impressive, but after a while (especially towards the end) it got slightly old. I mean how many times can Superman crash though a building? Also, Clark’s human dad was a disappointment for me. I really wanted to like Costner playing Jonathan Kent but the film never really made clear what he wanted from Clark. Although, one of the films most touching scenes involves Jonathan Kent and it was pretty great. Russell Crowe plays Jor-El and I have to admit, I don’t think I could be more impressed. He was excellent. With Russell Crow playing Kal-El’s (AKA Clark, Superman) father, the audience was allowed to connect with Superman personally. That sounds a little weird but I promise it makes sense if you watch it. In terms of family friendliness, this film is in square PG-13 territory. There is virtually no sexual content but there is some language towards the begging of the film. It’s the action parents might want to watch out for. It is never graphic or really disturbing but it is very destructive. In the end, I was very satisfied. Were there flaws? Yeah there actually were quite a few but I still felt like this film tried something new and it worked. It worked great. Man of Steel’s shortcomings are made up by it’s grand scale of such wonder that was so very impressive.
Teen, 13 years old Written bydoubleE June 25, 2013

Man of Steel is an OK Movie but Very Violent

I liked this movie, but I didnt love it. The story is very creative and the effects were really cool but this movie has some EXTREMELY intense and violent moments. The last 45 minutes are nothing but explosions,death, explosions, death and more explosions. There are some very heart warming scenes about love and family. If you haven't seen this yet, and really want to, go.
Kid, 11 years old June 23, 2013

It's a bird, it's a plane, it's the man of steel review!!!

This is a very good movie but had some scenes that i felt were not needed. There is a ton of action and fighting, cars, buildings and much more are harmed in this film. There is some swearing that includes: a-- and s--t. there is a kissing scene at one point in the movie between clark [ AKA: super man] and lois lane.
Teen, 17 years old Written byBestPicture1996 June 22, 2013

On track to be the year's best superhero movie!

After the massive disappointment that was "Iron Man 3," I looked to a non-Marvel hero for the summer, and boy did Superman deliver! In "Man of Steel" there are few moments of cheese, but for the most part it's a sullen, somber adaptation of America's favorite comic book hero. I loved how they didn't spend too much time on his genesis, and more on how he needed to defeat Zod, played by the villainous Michael Shannon.
Kid, 10 years old June 21, 2013

MAN OF STEEL BY PARTY MATT III

this has to be the best movie iv'e ever seen in my life though they swear (witch is bfeef) and there is alot of vilonce this movie was amazing!
Teen, 15 years old Written bySalsander June 21, 2013

Less than Average Superman Reboot

Superman isn't too bad for kids. While its not the almost slapstick action like the Avengers, its not as dark as the Dark Night series. That being said, it does have some dark moments, such as the death of Superman's parents and Aliens who have no empathy for killing the human race. But violence in the movie is kept more from a 3rd person perspective. The violence can be intense, especially in the second half of the movie where a city begins to fall into pieces, but you never see anyone personally hurt apart from a couple of baddies and superman. The brawls between Superman and the aliens for the most part seemed to be smashing each other into walls, however no gashes or injuries of that nature can be seen after impact. That seems to be my only major concern about the movie because the special effects are very realistic, but the violence never seemed too personal. The only other small factors include a small amount of language, mostly spoken by a school bully who uses the d word once, and then some small language sprinkled here and there throughout, the most obscene being the s word. Don't expect it to be the greatest movie but if your kid has been begging to see it, why not give it a go.
Teen, 16 years old Written bySaERclaa June 19, 2013

More violent than stated in review!

WAY more violent than the review says! It may not be bloody or terrifying, but it's horrible; like witnessing the deaths of everyone in a Norman Rockwell painting! NOT GOOD FOR CHILDREN
Teen, 15 years old Written byNo Name, for real. June 18, 2013

Excellent and respectful return of Superman is great, but to violent for kids.

I loved it. Great story, fantastic setup, and characters. Emotions run high, because everything in the movie is given meaning, the villain's purpose, and superman's purpose, are established fantastically and true to the story. However its darker than any other superman movie, and has a lot, and I mean a lot of action and destruction. Director Zack Snyder, who has much experience in darker more violent movies, but makes this feature focus less on its big destructive action scenes, and more on its characters and story. It provides depth for the characters with a strong sense of space, clarity, and gravity. Superman's fight scenes really pack a punch here. Snyder deftly balances the story -- allowing for character development, rich ideas, and slam-bang excitement. It fills out its 2 hour run time perfectly. But beware of the violence. Lots of almost too-fast-to-process hand-to-hand combat between Superman, Zod, and his other Kryptonian warriors -- necks are broken, and people are killed so quickly that it's hard to keep a body count. However its not graphic and is bloodless, but still gets pretty intense, as buildings fall down, planes, and jets fall out of sky, cars are crushed. And the final fight between Zod and superman shows them flying through buildings, and and causing massive collateral damage around them.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymiles12345677A. June 18, 2013

WAY OVER-RATED

hardly made it to 3 stars. didn't like it that much. excessively violent and very destructive. not enough story.
Teen, 14 years old Written byeragonshadeslayer June 18, 2013

Not for those who are expecting something as brilliant as The Batman Trilogy or 300

This was just an average movie. Perhaps I feel so because I went with really high expectations that were unfortunately not met. The first half of the film is nothing but a drag. All the action is seen only in the second half and even what was seen was not very impressive. The flashbacks can get irritating at times. Somehow this film failed to strike the right notes, something that The Batman films did so well. However I would like to add that my review does not indicate that this not a good movie. It is good....just not good enough.
Teen, 14 years old Written byAhiena7 June 18, 2013

Awesome Superman

I actually some the movie yesterday,June 17. It was the best superman movie to me ever and yes, I had saw the old ones. I thought the superman character was hot. I thought this was Amy Adams best movie role. I thought the villains was awesome. I had a hard time decided if I wanted the good or evil side to win. I thought the movie was well written and cleverly plotted. The movie was awesome. I now heart DC comics now.
Teen, 13 years old Written byValestria June 18, 2013

OK for kids

Ok, this has to be the best superman movie I have seen. It sticks to the storyline most superman stories have, but mixes it up a little bit. Really awesome! Clark (or Kal) is a great role model, showing respect for both his kind and humans, and trying to get them to coexist. Violence is a small issue for younger kids, but no gore. Just the super hero and super villain throwing each-other through building (as usual). in one part a woman is stuck under a piece of building, and there is a machine trying to alter the Earth's atmosphere so the aliens can breathe but the humans can't. I watched this with my seven-year-old brother. He got bored in a few parts, but literally clapped when the bad guy was thrown into a building. He liked it, but he really didn't understand it all. But it is OK for kids to watch it.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMitchell Charleston June 17, 2013

Man of Steel was AWESOME.

I've loved Superman ever since I first found out about him when I was a kid. So I was incredibly excited for Man of Steel. I saw it and it was by far the best Superman I have ever seen. The acting was awesome, the action blew me away and left me to the edge of my seat. Also, the graphics were perfection. I totally recommend Man of Steel.