All member reviews for Man of Steel

Teen, 14 years old Written byleakingrye November 18, 2013

So-so

I bated this movie. But it was good
Teen, 17 years old Written byletztalkmoveez November 17, 2013

The Man of Steel is back.

This movie transcends superhero entertainment, much like "The Dark Knight" in 2008, not to say that this is in any noticeable measure similar to "The Dark Knight". It's a kick-ass comic book movie that manages to be all at once exhilarating, funny, touching, reverent to its source material and also forward-thinking. Henry is Supes, and this bone-crushing face punch of a summer blockbuster is as ultra-Superman as they come, superbly tackling the enigmatic character and the ideals that character represents. Oh God, I'm tearing up again (Nick/Red reference).
Teen, 14 years old Written bytamara abboud October 16, 2013

great movie <3

it is an amazing movie i really liked it it might have 1 or 2 kissing scenes but not bad i recomend watching it cause its a great movie
Teen, 14 years old Written byironkid21 October 10, 2013

New Superman is a big improvement over the last one and really fun, surprisingly touching, and interesting!

Kid, 11 years old October 7, 2013

AWESOME MOVIE

This film is extremely good, but the 3D was horrible.
Kid, 11 years old September 3, 2013

Man of steel

I think it is violence that picks kids off.
Teen, 16 years old Written byOfficial Critic August 20, 2013

Man of Steel Review

As much spectacle and action — minute-by-minute, frame-by-frame — as any movie anyone could think of. Zack Snyder’s huge, backstory-heavy extravaganza is a rehab job that perhaps didn’t cry out to be done but proves so overwhelmingly insistent in its size and strength that it’s hard not to give in.
Teen, 13 years old Written byLiveLoveLOL August 15, 2013

Very Good

Man of Steel is a thrilling action movie keeps you intrigued. There is a fair amount of violence (actually maybe more than that), but it isn't all bloody and gross. There is some minor cussing, but not to bad. Sh** is said one time, but that's it aside from some other minor language. Overall, Man of Steel is a great and entertaining movie, full of different things that can satisfy what everyone likes best. Some sad and emotional, some suspenseful, lots of action, romance. It has it all! I definetely recommend it. And as a bonus for all the other teenage girls out there, Superman is hot;)
Teen, 17 years old Written bymovie freak15 July 12, 2013

Good but not as good as other super hero movies

I just saw this movie last night and I thought it was good. There was nothing really bad in it except there was quite a bit of violence. I don't think this movie is as good as the past super-hero movies that have been out. I was expecting more but it ended up giving me less.
Kid, 10 years old July 8, 2013

Really Awesome Movie!!

I loved this movie! There are a lot of violent scenes and lots of destruction. One character dies by a tornado to save a dog. Superman is a good role model to his citizens. I highly reccommend this movie to kids who love superheroes!
Teen, 13 years old Written byBigben28 July 7, 2013

Same old action movie.

Kid, 10 years old July 7, 2013

Man Of Steel

Man of Steel is a great movie!It is how he landed on earth and met Lois Lane and gets a job at the chronicle,and battles Zod.Some scenes were scary,so,i would say 12+,but unlike CSM,I would not give it iffy for ten or eleven.violence and language being the biggest issue,there is no drinking that i saw,and sex is limited too kisses,Superman is ''Hot'' says a woman,and a crude remark from Lois Lane about male testicles.language is intermediate,and the slang for male testicles is probably the worst it gets.I would recommend it!It's very good and a whole new story.
Kid, 12 years old July 2, 2013

Awesome!

It was really good! I was so happy I saw it. I loved it. It had some disturbing images and some violence but I think it's fine for people 12 or older.
Teen, 15 years old Written byJosh2515 June 28, 2013

Best superman ever!

I really liked this one. the graphics were amazing. there are good things to do with fathers like sacrifice and helping his son see what is right from both sides adoptive and real father.The story was good it was about turning the other cheek and just walking away. People bully Clark Kent in school and he could have vaporized everyone but he doesn't because he knows its wrong. I liked it because I really like sci fi and superheros so this was perfect the language wasn't bad except one part was a little over the top when a woman asks 2 men if they are done measuring dic-s. The violence is more large scale than individual. but the enemy can get pounded and pounded and pounded and still survive but I liked it . "spoiler alert" the most violent thing that happens is when superman has his nemesis in a headlock and his nemesis is shooting his laser vision at afamily and superman is trying to hold his head back band askes him to please stop but he doesn't so superman breaks his neck. he didn't want to because they could have worked together and also he was the last of his kind. Overall it would be good for most kids 12 and up.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBatman101 June 27, 2013

PARENTS BE WARNED

I loved this movie. People keep saying there was a brief, non-eyebrow raising sex scene, but i didnt see that so i'd say that thats isn't really a problem. The language wasn't nearly as bad as The Dark Knight Rises, so that wasn't a huge problem. But my problem was that in the beginning (and in a flashback or 2) you see baby Kal-El's "gentlemans area" and that disturbed me since this was PG-13. But then again... The director also directed Watchmen (book was awesome, wannna see movie) and 300 (also looks awesome) which both ended up being rated R for Strong Language & Nudity so it's not SUPER suprizing. But parents and kids be warned: This movie is intense, violent, and has semi-strong language along with cryable parts. I am a guy and i nearly cried during the storm flashback.
Teen, 15 years old Written byjb321678 June 26, 2013

Superman truly has a new suit.

When Zach Snyder (300, Watchmen), Christopher Nolan (Dark Knight Trilogy, Inception), and Superman are all put together into one film, you know it's going to be interesting. In many ways, interesting is probably one of the best ways to define Man of Steel. Man of Steel might not be the best Superman movie ever, but it is surely a solid one. The style of this film is very different. To be honest, I have never really seen a film like Man of Steel. In terms of past Superman films, Man of Steel is very unfamiliar. It's obvious from the very begging Snyder and Nolan have their own vision for the franchise and they put Superman in uncharted territory. For example, the first thirty minutes of the film takes place on planet Krypton. In my opinion, it was one of the best parts of the movie. Was it different? Was it weird? Heck yeah but it was awesome all at the same time. For me, that’s what was so great about the film. It was so insane and so sci-fi it just felt good. This is nothing like the original Superman film but if you ask me, that’s a good thing. Although, this film isn’t perfect. The action was very impressive, but after a while (especially towards the end) it got slightly old. I mean how many times can Superman crash though a building? Also, Clark’s human dad was a disappointment for me. I really wanted to like Costner playing Jonathan Kent but the film never really made clear what he wanted from Clark. Although, one of the films most touching scenes involves Jonathan Kent and it was pretty great. Russell Crowe plays Jor-El and I have to admit, I don’t think I could be more impressed. He was excellent. With Russell Crow playing Kal-El’s (AKA Clark, Superman) father, the audience was allowed to connect with Superman personally. That sounds a little weird but I promise it makes sense if you watch it. In terms of family friendliness, this film is in square PG-13 territory. There is virtually no sexual content but there is some language towards the begging of the film. It’s the action parents might want to watch out for. It is never graphic or really disturbing but it is very destructive. In the end, I was very satisfied. Were there flaws? Yeah there actually were quite a few but I still felt like this film tried something new and it worked. It worked great. Man of Steel’s shortcomings are made up by it’s grand scale of such wonder that was so very impressive.
Teen, 13 years old Written bydoubleE June 25, 2013

Man of Steel is an OK Movie but Very Violent

I liked this movie, but I didnt love it. The story is very creative and the effects were really cool but this movie has some EXTREMELY intense and violent moments. The last 45 minutes are nothing but explosions,death, explosions, death and more explosions. There are some very heart warming scenes about love and family. If you haven't seen this yet, and really want to, go.
Kid, 11 years old June 23, 2013

It's a bird, it's a plane, it's the man of steel review!!!

This is a very good movie but had some scenes that i felt were not needed. There is a ton of action and fighting, cars, buildings and much more are harmed in this film. There is some swearing that includes: a-- and s--t. there is a kissing scene at one point in the movie between clark [ AKA: super man] and lois lane.
Teen, 17 years old Written byBestPicture1996 June 22, 2013

On track to be the year's best superhero movie!

After the massive disappointment that was "Iron Man 3," I looked to a non-Marvel hero for the summer, and boy did Superman deliver! In "Man of Steel" there are few moments of cheese, but for the most part it's a sullen, somber adaptation of America's favorite comic book hero. I loved how they didn't spend too much time on his genesis, and more on how he needed to defeat Zod, played by the villainous Michael Shannon.
Kid, 10 years old June 21, 2013

MAN OF STEEL BY PARTY MATT III

this has to be the best movie iv'e ever seen in my life though they swear (witch is bfeef) and there is alot of vilonce this movie was amazing!