All member reviews for Man of Steel

Teen, 16 years old Written bySaERclaa June 19, 2013

More violent than stated in review!

WAY more violent than the review says! It may not be bloody or terrifying, but it's horrible; like witnessing the deaths of everyone in a Norman Rockwell painting! NOT GOOD FOR CHILDREN
Teen, 15 years old Written byNo Name, for real. June 18, 2013

Excellent and respectful return of Superman is great, but to violent for kids.

I loved it. Great story, fantastic setup, and characters. Emotions run high, because everything in the movie is given meaning, the villain's purpose, and superman's purpose, are established fantastically and true to the story. However its darker than any other superman movie, and has a lot, and I mean a lot of action and destruction. Director Zack Snyder, who has much experience in darker more violent movies, but makes this feature focus less on its big destructive action scenes, and more on its characters and story. It provides depth for the characters with a strong sense of space, clarity, and gravity. Superman's fight scenes really pack a punch here. Snyder deftly balances the story -- allowing for character development, rich ideas, and slam-bang excitement. It fills out its 2 hour run time perfectly. But beware of the violence. Lots of almost too-fast-to-process hand-to-hand combat between Superman, Zod, and his other Kryptonian warriors -- necks are broken, and people are killed so quickly that it's hard to keep a body count. However its not graphic and is bloodless, but still gets pretty intense, as buildings fall down, planes, and jets fall out of sky, cars are crushed. And the final fight between Zod and superman shows them flying through buildings, and and causing massive collateral damage around them.
Teen, 14 years old Written byeragonshadeslayer June 18, 2013

Not for those who are expecting something as brilliant as The Batman Trilogy or 300

This was just an average movie. Perhaps I feel so because I went with really high expectations that were unfortunately not met. The first half of the film is nothing but a drag. All the action is seen only in the second half and even what was seen was not very impressive. The flashbacks can get irritating at times. Somehow this film failed to strike the right notes, something that The Batman films did so well. However I would like to add that my review does not indicate that this not a good movie. It is good....just not good enough.
Teen, 14 years old Written byAhiena7 June 18, 2013

Awesome Superman

I actually some the movie yesterday,June 17. It was the best superman movie to me ever and yes, I had saw the old ones. I thought the superman character was hot. I thought this was Amy Adams best movie role. I thought the villains was awesome. I had a hard time decided if I wanted the good or evil side to win. I thought the movie was well written and cleverly plotted. The movie was awesome. I now heart DC comics now.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMitchell Charleston June 17, 2013

Man of Steel was AWESOME.

I've loved Superman ever since I first found out about him when I was a kid. So I was incredibly excited for Man of Steel. I saw it and it was by far the best Superman I have ever seen. The acting was awesome, the action blew me away and left me to the edge of my seat. Also, the graphics were perfection. I totally recommend Man of Steel.
Teen, 13 years old Written bybnsevy2000 June 17, 2013

Great characters and story, but a little too much violence

Man of Steel was overall a very good movie. But, there was a lot more violence than common sense says. There are some disturbing deaths, and an entire planet is destroyed. Superman at points in the movie doesn't want to kill people from his planet, but he has to mainly because they intend to kill all the humans on Earth. Clark Kent is a very positive role model. He saves many people, even during his childhood, throughout the course of the movie. A very good movie overall, but a little too much violence for younger kids.
Teen, 17 years old Written bymoviewannabe June 16, 2013

Any child who's seen the Superman cartoons, no matter what sex they are, should find this amusing

It was breath-taking and amazing and it had it's humor, too. My mother loved Superman when she was growing up. When she first saw it, it thrilled her.
Teen, 16 years old Written byAkay47 June 16, 2013

Henry Out, Brandon In

The main actor Henry Cavill doesn't suit the movie, they should have put Brandon Routh as the main actor.