All member reviews for Man of Steel

Teen, 16 years old Written bySaERclaa June 19, 2013

More violent than stated in review!

WAY more violent than the review says! It may not be bloody or terrifying, but it's horrible; like witnessing the deaths of everyone in a Norman Rockwell painting! NOT GOOD FOR CHILDREN
Teen, 15 years old Written byNo Name, for real. June 18, 2013

Excellent and respectful return of Superman is great, but to violent for kids.

I loved it. Great story, fantastic setup, and characters. Emotions run high, because everything in the movie is given meaning, the villain's purpose, and superman's purpose, are established fantastically and true to the story. However its darker than any other superman movie, and has a lot, and I mean a lot of action and destruction. Director Zack Snyder, who has much experience in darker more violent movies, but makes this feature focus less on its big destructive action scenes, and more on its characters and story. It provides depth for the characters with a strong sense of space, clarity, and gravity. Superman's fight scenes really pack a punch here. Snyder deftly balances the story -- allowing for character development, rich ideas, and slam-bang excitement. It fills out its 2 hour run time perfectly. But beware of the violence. Lots of almost too-fast-to-process hand-to-hand combat between Superman, Zod, and his other Kryptonian warriors -- necks are broken, and people are killed so quickly that it's hard to keep a body count. However its not graphic and is bloodless, but still gets pretty intense, as buildings fall down, planes, and jets fall out of sky, cars are crushed. And the final fight between Zod and superman shows them flying through buildings, and and causing massive collateral damage around them.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymiles12345677A. June 18, 2013

WAY OVER-RATED

hardly made it to 3 stars. didn't like it that much. excessively violent and very destructive. not enough story.
Teen, 14 years old Written byeragonshadeslayer June 18, 2013

Not for those who are expecting something as brilliant as The Batman Trilogy or 300

This was just an average movie. Perhaps I feel so because I went with really high expectations that were unfortunately not met. The first half of the film is nothing but a drag. All the action is seen only in the second half and even what was seen was not very impressive. The flashbacks can get irritating at times. Somehow this film failed to strike the right notes, something that The Batman films did so well. However I would like to add that my review does not indicate that this not a good movie. It is good....just not good enough.
Teen, 13 years old Written byValestria June 18, 2013

OK for kids

Ok, this has to be the best superman movie I have seen. It sticks to the storyline most superman stories have, but mixes it up a little bit. Really awesome! Clark (or Kal) is a great role model, showing respect for both his kind and humans, and trying to get them to coexist. Violence is a small issue for younger kids, but no gore. Just the super hero and super villain throwing each-other through building (as usual). in one part a woman is stuck under a piece of building, and there is a machine trying to alter the Earth's atmosphere so the aliens can breathe but the humans can't. I watched this with my seven-year-old brother. He got bored in a few parts, but literally clapped when the bad guy was thrown into a building. He liked it, but he really didn't understand it all. But it is OK for kids to watch it.
Teen, 13 years old Written bybnsevy2000 June 17, 2013

Great characters and story, but a little too much violence

Man of Steel was overall a very good movie. But, there was a lot more violence than common sense says. There are some disturbing deaths, and an entire planet is destroyed. Superman at points in the movie doesn't want to kill people from his planet, but he has to mainly because they intend to kill all the humans on Earth. Clark Kent is a very positive role model. He saves many people, even during his childhood, throughout the course of the movie. A very good movie overall, but a little too much violence for younger kids.
Teen, 17 years old Written bymoviewannabe June 16, 2013

Any child who's seen the Superman cartoons, no matter what sex they are, should find this amusing

It was breath-taking and amazing and it had it's humor, too. My mother loved Superman when she was growing up. When she first saw it, it thrilled her.
Teen, 16 years old Written byAkay47 June 16, 2013

Henry Out, Brandon In

The main actor Henry Cavill doesn't suit the movie, they should have put Brandon Routh as the main actor.
Kid, 10 years old June 16, 2013

Really Good!

My rating for it - Rated PG-13 for Intense sequences of sci-fi violence and action throughout, destruction, language and brief sexual content.
Teen, 15 years old Written byShadowofchaos41 June 16, 2013

The Summer movie of the year!!!

This movie was insane. Almost non-stop action very good messages, but at times the movie gets dark. I also liked how Superman's Kryptonian father played a big role. There is also a closing climax scene Superman vs Zod showdown at the end. Awesome movie with a fight to the death ending. Scenes may be scary for younger viewers. 2 neck snapping scenes and mild kssing is all to worry about. I am not a huge fan of Superman and hated all the previous movies but this was awesome. I am happy to see a good Superman movie.
Teen, 16 years old Written byrebma97 June 15, 2013

A bit short of a great film, but good overall

I went to see "Man Of Steel" today with my family. First, I must say that while it was a very interesting film, it could have been better. The flashbacks are a bit confusing (they randomly appear throughout the film), and (my biggest complaint) they really don't explore Superman's life growing up. I didn't feel like as if I got to know him too well as a character. But overall the film was pretty good; I liked the special effects and I loved how Lois was actually useful in this film (she even helps Superman). I'd give it a 3.5/4 stars. Violence: Tons of explosions, lasers, guns, etc. Lots of things are destroyed and blown up (motor vehicles, buildings, etc.) There's a scene of childbirth at the beginning that is slightly intense, but it's not too bad. Sex: Just a little bit of kissing, nothing that would raise any eyebrows. Language: "H*ll", "A**", but overall the film was clean. Drinking/Drugs: I believe one scene takes place in a bar, but there's not a lot of drinking and no drunk people.
Kid, 11 years old June 15, 2013

Really good storyline!

I think that everything is very thought through and very interesting! This movie will keep you on the edge of your seat. I don't think violence is a problem . 11 years or higher, maybe 10.
Teen, 17 years old Written bymoviebuff6996 June 14, 2013

Man of Steel is a really good satisfying experience(4.5 out of 5 stars)

“The Man of Steel is an entertaining movie that truly gives us the Superman that we need and deserve. The acting was good (Henry Cavill is a Great Superman); the music was superb (almost as good as The Dark Knight trilogy’s music), the special effects were astonishing (flight and fight scenes especially), the set pieces are fantastic, the messages are really good (also inspiring), The pace was fast, the action scenes were well done (Especially Krypton’s Doom, Smallville and Metropolis scenes). The camera shots were good (especially the zoom in shots and handheld techniques) the character arcs were also good and the finale (although a tad long) was satisfying (I was truly glad that Superman had that fight scene with Zod). The only negative elements are that the movie focused on the characters for the first two-thirds, but in the final act focused on the (amazing) action scenes instead of the characters as well as there are some blatant product placements. In the end, the Man of Steel is a satisfying stick-to-your ribs movie that with a little tweaking could’ve been as great as The Dark Knight trilogy. I would recommend this film.” -For parents, the violence is frequent( though largely bloodless) and there is a little bit of language(about 15 uses mostly mild).