All member reviews for Man of Steel

Teen, 17 years old Written byndrwcd June 14, 2013

easily and without a doubt better than the boring 2006 movie superman returns

It's a really good movie even if your not the biggest fan of superman but however I would have given it a higher score if there wasn't any completely unnecessary language in it(Granted it's not frequent which is great but it's still there unfortunently)
Teen, 14 years old Written byElakho July 1, 2013

Spectacular Movie, albeit voilent

Christopher Nolan (Dark Knight Trilogy) and Zack Snyder (300, Watchmen) deliver a fun, fast paced movie that won't disappoint. If you came for a superhero movie, you expectations will be fulfilled. Is the movie on par with Nolan's The Dark Knight? No. That doesn't stop it from being an amazing movie, even if 12-14 year olds might enjoy it more. The thing that stops it from earning the full five stars is the violence. I really enjoy a good fight scene in a movie, but the sheer scale of every single fight somewhat took away from the climatic effect of Kal-El's confrontation with Zod. They aren't intense, gore-filled cringe-fests, just the exchanging of super-punches that tend to make surrounding building look like dominoes. Other than that, if you're not sure, watch it. It's hard to go wrong with this one, and no matter what, you won't fall asleep in the theater.
Kid, 9 years old December 15, 2013

BEST SUPERHERO MOVIE EVER!

This was the best superhero movie but there are some scary clips in the movie that may scare little kids but the end is epic and the action clips are so good but it is a very long movie for little kids but it did not scare me !
Teen, 15 years old Written byRhian De Questa July 28, 2013

You can save them - after you kill some of them

Had so much potential, and ended up being terrible. While Henry Caville did a good job portraying Superman, the rest of the cast with the exception of Russell Crowe didn't live up to the expectations of the audience. The entire movie was full of massive plot sinkholes, and while the start-stop action sequences of Antje Traoue's Faora Ul were cool, there was too much explosion - I was sitting close to the movie screen, and quite surprised that I didn't go blind every time a truck or building or spaceship or person or airplane of house exploded - which is just about every two minutes. The biggest problem for me besides the acting and the plot sinkholes was Jor-El's plaintive statement "You can save them Cal, you can save all of them" - in a near following scene, in a fit of rage Cal smashes through eight buildings, killing Lord knows how many people just because Zod punched his mother. The main villain was dry and tasteless, and while he can survive being sucked up by a black hole and I-beams and trucks thrown at him, he dies from a simple neck snap that he should have gotten a long time ago from being thrown through buildings. Zod's redeeming quality is his relationship with his Captain Faora-Ul, who's crying at the destruction of Krypton was relatively heart-rending, but still didn't make us like her as much as the Romulan Nero from Star Trek, who had a similar experience, or the family-deprived Khan from the sequel. My overall verdict is that they tried too hard to make it a good action movie, and they overachieved, which made it a pretty bad movie.
Kid, 10 years old July 8, 2013

Really Awesome Movie!!

I loved this movie! There are a lot of violent scenes and lots of destruction. One character dies by a tornado to save a dog. Superman is a good role model to his citizens. I highly reccommend this movie to kids who love superheroes!
Kid, 10 years old July 7, 2013

Man Of Steel

Man of Steel is a great movie!It is how he landed on earth and met Lois Lane and gets a job at the chronicle,and battles Zod.Some scenes were scary,so,i would say 12+,but unlike CSM,I would not give it iffy for ten or eleven.violence and language being the biggest issue,there is no drinking that i saw,and sex is limited too kisses,Superman is ''Hot'' says a woman,and a crude remark from Lois Lane about male testicles.language is intermediate,and the slang for male testicles is probably the worst it gets.I would recommend it!It's very good and a whole new story.
Kid, 9 years old June 14, 2013

awesome movie

Really good movie with a lot of positive messages and positive role models and a lot of violence and language and a few noticable products
Kid, 12 years old January 5, 2014

My First Superman Movie

This was a great movie and the first superman movie i have ever seen. I wasn't disappointed. There was some use of inappropriate language, but very infrequently. The movie didn't have a lot of blood and gore, but many people are killed over the course of the movie, often to fast to really be noticed. Superman is as always a good role model, and will do anything to help people. Even Superman's enemy just tried to do what he thought was right.
Teen, 17 years old Written bymovie freak15 July 12, 2013

Good but not as good as other super hero movies

I just saw this movie last night and I thought it was good. There was nothing really bad in it except there was quite a bit of violence. I don't think this movie is as good as the past super-hero movies that have been out. I was expecting more but it ended up giving me less.
Kid, 10 years old June 15, 2013

Suppppeeerrrrmaaaaaannnnn to the rescue!!!!!

This movie is awesome! I just saw this movie today with my dad. I usually hate superman movies, but this one is great. There is some violence including people getting hit, kicked, punched etc. 2 people's necks get broken with crunching noises. There also is a lot of destruction. I did hear some language. This movie has a lot of positive role models though. I would not recommend this film to kids under 9
Teen, 17 years old Written bythebussinessteen June 13, 2013

nice but wash the mouth

The movie was awesome it did not add up in a sequence.the superman.and they sent him from clergy.the energy takes up but not in a sequence way of order.the language I was not expecting in movie.it was clearly shocking.but it is infrequent but Still there.are.a lot of curses like.s--t A-s a--whole A--whip d--n d--k d--ksplash. Their are.a.few kisses. Clark and a girl make out a few times.
Teen, 17 years old Written bySeriouslytholikebrah December 15, 2014

Laaaaaaaaaaaat... What's the dick measuring for??

Fam, that Faora chick made my nut explode. Nuff said.
Kid, 10 years old December 7, 2014

Best superman movie ever

The movie is the best superman movie ever.But there is moderate violence and language.There are explosions and hand to hand combat.The language they use are d--k,s--t,damn,hell,and a--hole.There is one f--king but it's incomplete.It's okay for kids ages 10+.
Teen, 15 years old Written bySaad1Khan November 15, 2014

Teen, 14 years old Written byJimmy brew October 26, 2014

Moody,graphic reload is darker then ever

My rating:PG-13 for intense sequences of violence and action,language,sexuality/nudity and drug references
Kid, 11 years old October 22, 2014

Disappointing but not a complete disaster

Violence- 3 (Action violence the whole way through)
Teen, 17 years old Written byChristopherGraham October 9, 2014

"Man of Steel" by Christopher Graham

I hate to tell you all of this, but this film is a big disappointment to me. It lacks all of the excitement and fun that the 1978 film had. It lacks character development, it lacks chemistry, and it lacks a super and superb script. Middle-Teens are able to see this movie, maybe under adult supervision.
Kid, 11 years old September 18, 2014

See it

Dude this movie is awesome they did have some swearing like s--t a-- a--hole crap a--wipe d--k d--ksplash b---h h--l d--n someone uses f--k without the letters filled in and really there is only flirting and kids can handle destruction so there is nothing bad beacause parents u do know your kids in school hear bad words trust me so if u know that than they can see this movie maybe
Teen, 13 years old Written byHightech Redneck July 16, 2014

DC did good with this movie.

CAUTION: SPOILERS! YOU'VE BEEN WARNED! Lots of action and a tiny bit of humor. Okay story. Good acting. Awesome CGI! Superman is not a great role model in this movie. That was very surprising. I usually don't cover consumerism in movies, but this was flooded with product placement. It annoys me that Superman was shown drinking beer. TONS OF PEOPLE DIE! The city is pretty much destroyed in the end. Superman eventually snaps Zod's neck. Thanks Superman, you couldn't have done that before at least millions of people died and the city's destroyed. Overall, DC's best movie so far.
Kid, 10 years old July 10, 2014