All member reviews for Man of the Year

Lame political comedy misses the mark.

Adult Written bymnkyby April 9, 2008
Kid, 12 years old February 8, 2013

So bad it's bad.

Absolutly tedious. From start to finish you are pounded with crude, at some points embarisingly bad jokes. The language and drug usage ammount to no wit what so ever.
Adult Written byDr.Pepper April 9, 2008

There was lots of swearing and it wasn't very funny.
This movie was funny and dramatic! I loved it! I could watch it over and over again!
Adult Written bytommysportsgirl April 9, 2008

this was so lame!

This movie was crude and boring (what a combination!). Williams is usually funny but he wasn't given a chance to shine here. Please don't subject your family to this mess. Try R/V instead. It was much funnier, and not as potty-mouthed.
Adult Written byChristc878 April 9, 2008

Better than I thought

We were in the mood for a light comedy and this is what we got. I thought Robin Williams lines were funny, but he talks so fast that it's hard to hear them all! I also liked that they added the "conspiracy" element to it. I also liked that the political comments weren't skewed to one political viewpoint; I wasn't offended. They did a good job with that. I felt it was worth seeing.
Teen, 15 years old Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

Really Funny

I thought it was really funny!! Some strong language, some bad sex jokes.
Adult Written bysundance April 9, 2008

Surprise violence frightens 14 year old girls

I brought my daughter's friends to this for a bday party, and we almost left during the scene where a woman was stalked and attacked in her apartment. I thought it was going to be a comedy! That, plus several sexual innuendo and off color jokes made me apologize to all the girls and the mom's for bringing the girls to the movie. Very disappointing. Good for adults, only
Adult Written byG3 April 9, 2008

Good but not a comedy

Teen, 14 years old Written bydirecterdude123 April 9, 2008

This movie is very complicated. I did not understand what was going on because everything was changing from bad ot good I could not keep track. DON'T WAIST YOUR TIME WITH THIS MOVIE ! ! ! !
Teen, 13 years old Written bymisscompetitive April 9, 2008

hate it

i think this movie was stupid and pointless>>there is lots of violence and it is just not a good movie and ik think kids should not see this movie that things in this movie are bad >>>>>>>> DO NOT LET YOUR CHILED SEE THIS MOVIE..........

i loved it! It was really good

Adult Written byvinnybarbin April 9, 2008
Adult Written byMovie_Nerd101 April 9, 2008
Adult Written byVampireGirl April 9, 2008

A MAJOR disappointment

Honestly this was such a disappointment my friends and I had to make dirty jokes not about the movie just so we wouldnt be totally diappointed. This was not the comedy that had been promised by all the preveiws. This "comedy" turned abruptly into a poorly made action, goverment conspiracy movie. It was lame and slow moving. The fact that it was supposed to be funny i tought was laughable. I think that was the only funny part about it, was that it wasnt a movie you could put under any category at all and that the jokes were lame, ones i would tell if i were 8 years old.

I lost six brain cells watching this.

This movie is not ok for kids 10 and under. i watched this with my 9 year old brother and he did not understand it to much, showing that its not ok for him.but im 12 and i saw that there was a lot of drug use and crude sexual references. this movie should only be for 11 and over.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymoviegeek222 April 9, 2008

An Abomination

One funny part in the beginning,and all of it goes downhill after that. See "The Cookout" instead.