All member reviews for Man on Fire

Extremely violent; not for kids.

Parent of a 9 and 14 year old Written bywinnielake January 8, 2011

Man on Fire was a very good movie although I would not recommend it as one to watch with your younger kids.It was based on true events which happened in the seventies in Italy.Names were changed and the locations also but it does give one much to think about.
Adult Written byQ81 August 18, 2011

Don't miss the forest because of the trees.

This is another movie that I am very disappointed in how CSM rated it. There is little question that they are right that it is NOT for kids, however, it is a very good movie about love and a call for justice. Granted the methods that the main character uses to display that love in seeking justice are questionable, but sometimes justice comes in ugly packages. The movie is based upon the business of kidnapping in Mexico. It is a horrible business that is paid up with the right people, and as a result justice is nowhere to be found. At the very least the movie accomplishes at least one honorable thing in it's graphic portrayal, it brings attention to the real life injustice that exists. (SPOILER ALERT) (Furthermore, the movie has a lot to say about self sacrifice. The Bible itself says that greater love has no man but this, that a man lays down his life for his friends. (John 15:13) Which is exactly what the main character ultimately does.) Many people will say that revenge is a big part of what this movie displays, and I can concede that there are elements of it there, but don 't forget the elements of justice and more importantly love which I think are the true messages of Man On Fire.
Kid, 12 years old July 17, 2010

An ugly movie about child abuse.

Don't watch. Its alright acting but the characters are just ugly, and evil. They torture a little girl. By the end of the movie I was sobbing.
Teen, 16 years old Written bymikee990 April 9, 2008

13+ definetely. But wait....

This movie brings up a lot of religious questions, which makes it worth seeing. There's a lot of violence, no sex. See it.
Adult Written bySweetMusic April 9, 2008

Partly depressive & brutal, but one of the best movies I've ever seen

GREAT !!! I love Denzel Washington & Tony Scott (Dream Team) ! First hour of the movie seems very melancholic but if you see it all than it unfolds all its beauty. Great shots and camera movements. Like the pace of the movie in the end. Must see for pepole who liked "Enemy of the state", "Spygame" or "Déja Vu" ! But nothing 4 kids: 16+
Teen, 13 years old Written byMOVIE13 October 15, 2010

i saw most of it and it was pritty good.
Teen, 15 years old Written byAirlocke June 21, 2010

this was great movie. i really liked it. :) but the violence is disturbing. so yeah this isn't really for 9-12 year olds really. it's for mature kids. :P
Adult Written by4Spice December 12, 2009

good movie 15 and over

this a very good action movie lots of killing a torture 15 and over if you can stand some gore
Kid, 9 years old June 4, 2009

My primary problem with the movie was, strangely, not the excessive and bloody violence, but rather the movie's approval of said violence as a means of exacting justice. However, if you can overlook that, in my opionion, offensive message, the movie is enjoyable and definitely well-crafted, with memorable performances by Denzel Washington and Dakota Fanning.
Adult Written bydonaas April 9, 2008

Action packed adult film. Definitely not for young audience

Action packed adult film. Definitely not for young audience
Teen, 17 years old Written bymattvols April 9, 2008

Only so so

I thought this was a pretty good movie. I'm a big fan of Denzel and I liked the ending. The violence wasn't over the top compared to some of todays stuff like The Punisher, Black Hawk Down, and Saving Private Ryan but I guess not much is like that.
Adult Written bysupersoniq7 April 9, 2008

A great hi-quality movie and storyline

It's not everyday you see a movie as good as this. Man of Fire had so much depth to it and was not predictable by any means. There was nothing boring throughout the whole movie. The acting was exceptional as well as the directing of the film. This is definitely not for children as it is very explicit with the violence. As for adults, do not miss out.
Adult Written byfritzsky April 9, 2008

Adult Written byEmersonEmerald April 9, 2008

A real situation!

I will tell you when Denzel Washington brings it HE BRINGS IT! I have seen Denzel Washington in so many things and he brings such a sincerity to the movie. It's real when he does it. I love the whole cast and they did a great job! The movie is a real situation that occurs in some countries that have little or no means. I have heard from friends in South America and Central America that life is so poor and it is very hard to earn a good living unless you are a doctor, etc. Most of the time not having means to support a family can drive some to a demanding state. I think it just shows us how much we could be doing to help other countries instead of putting it in our pockets. This movie portrays a reality that actually takes place and Creasy just took care of the situation to the best of his ability. Yes it is violent, but that is how it gets. I think the high authorities in some other countries need to start taking better care of their people.
Kid, 12 years old July 26, 2014

Good movie

i loved that movie any kid hat is 11 and p should be able to watch itt it dosent have lots of gore and includes few violent scenes that are not suiable for 10 years old and less i am 12 and love this movie also some swearing
Teen, 14 years old Written bynela1010 May 13, 2013

Sweet & Spicy

“Man on Fire” Looking for a good movie to watch? I recommend “Man on fire”! This movie has a mixture of sad, emotional parts and action parts. That makes the movie sweet and spicy! It teaches you of some the awful dangers that there are in this world that is full of lunatics. It also has deception! It is a really enjoyable movie that can change how you look at things. It can change some of your views of life! My overall rating for this wonderful movie is five out of five stars. The main characters would be John W. Creasy, which is played by Denzel Washington. Creasy was a former U.S. Marine Force Recon officer who is hired to be a bodyguard. Lupita Martin Ramos, “Pita”, is the other main character, who is played by Dakota Fanning. She is the nine-year-old girl that Creasy is a bodyguard for. Throughout the film, these two form a close friendship. Creasy was given the job of being a bodyguard for Pita by her parents, Samuel and Lisa Martin Ramos. The film is about how Creasy became the bodyguard of Pita because of all the kidnapping happening in Mexico, which is where they lived. Horrendous people would kidnap kids and ask for ransom money. Since Samuel and Lisa were wealthy, this put Pita at risk of getting kidnapped! That is why they hired Creasy to watch over and take care of Pita. But the unfortunate happens when Pita gets kidnapped! There many dreadful guys who took part in the kidnapping of Pita but there was one guy in particular who was in charge of it all. He was known as “The Voice”. The rest of the film is about how Creasy tries to find out what happened to Pita and to see if she’s alive… or… dead! Does he find her? Well to find that out, you will have to watch the movie! If you love surprise twists, you will be surprised by the twist that this movie has for you in the end! The overall theme of this movie is to never give up. Creasy doesn’t give up! He keeps trying to find Pita no matter what it takes. It should teach everybody to never give up! This film is full of action and adventure; it even has its sad moments! So if you are a fan of action movies, this is a film you should really watch! It also has violence, murders, and some use of foul language. This film is Rated-R, but if you are under 18 without an adult and you are comfortable with films that have these types of things, then I say you should really watch this movie! Trust me, you won’t regret it! There was a part in the movie that I find very interesting.*CAUTION: could be a spoiler alert! Ends where I put a 5 stars* It was when Creasy was driving Pita somewhere and there was a car behind them that seemed to have been following them for quite a while. Pita sensed this and so she wrote the car’s license plate number down in her little journal. This action shows that she already knew part of what to do if she felt she was being followed by a possible kidnapper. That also shows how often those kidnappings must be happening if Pita must already be at least a little bit prepared at her age.***** Another thing I like about this movie is the close bond or friendship that Pita formed with Creasy. In the beginning, Creasy didn’t really want to even try to be friends with Pita, he just wanted to do his job and that was all. It was as if he had put up a huge wall between him and Pita. But Pita was able to break through that wall and become really good friends with Creasy. The determination Creasy had to find Pita shows how much he cared for her and it shows just what a dramatic change that Pita surprisingly made in Creasy’s life. Those parts weren’t really my favorite parts, just parts that I really liked or found interesting. I can’t choose just a certain part in the movie to be my favorite; the whole movie in general was my favorite, not just a few parts! This was such a marvelous movie that I do recommend watching! It teaches you quite a few things. It informs you of the dreadful dangers in some parts of the world that you probably didn’t even think were as big of a problem as they truly are! It shows you that sometimes you can’t even trust the people closest to you. It shows you what any man will do if he never gives up, especially if he really cares about what he is searching for. This movie will be really exciting to watch, and it will touch your heart.
Teen, 14 years old Written byLhudson October 3, 2012

Watch it best movie ever but very emotional

Well I'm 14 and I watched this movie wen I was about 9 and honestly I have had the strongest emotional connection with this movie like every time I watch it I burst out crying. It's got some graphic violence but honestly there aren't many kids who haven't seen a gruesome scene. This movie just makes me so happy and so sad at the same time, it's honestly my FAVOURITE movie of all time, if you think you are emotionally ready I woud watch it because it really is amazing.
Teen, 14 years old Written byStevie111 March 3, 2012

Very intense, know your kid

Strong violence, kidnapping. A very intense movie with emotional ending
Adult Written byuytt2 April 12, 2010

this movie is dark and pretty violent but if you can withstand some gore you will love this movie. the dialoge is a bit clunky but you will be so sucked in emotionaly to even notice. eventhough its sort of predictable since it was based on a true story its still an awsome movie
Teen, 16 years old Written byourblackego July 13, 2009

Commen sense You are unconsistant and unfare.... brilliant movie...

Great movie , but dark, and some strong strong violence... 11 F words and a mild sex scene... very sad movie tho.