All member reviews for Mandie and the Secret Tunnel

Intriguing 1899 family mystery marred by stereotypes.

Teen, 13 years old Written bymisskenna041200 November 17, 2012

One of the best family movies ever made

This is one of the best movies EVER!! It has a good plot and message. The film is a great combo of comedy, life lessons, and it has a bit of a crush between the two main characters. Of course, like in every movie, there are a few people we could do without. All in all, this is a movie to watch more than three times. I know that I have!
Parent Written byPurdygood August 20, 2012

Great family movie!

I think Mandie and the Secret Tunnel is a fantastic movie. It is well written and the mystery holds our attention. The time period 1899 is a time of prejudice against Native Americans. This did not change immediately. Many men were uneducated; even caucasion. Poor men learned a trade. They were happy to be employed. Thee only down side here is overacting among some minor characters.
Parent Written byElizabeth Darcy March 20, 2012

Absurd characters, full of stereotypes, cliche plot; don't waste your time

Well, if you're looking for a wholesome, unobjectionable family movie, I guess this is one of them, but don't think that that means the movie itself is any good. The plot is overused, the "mean stepmother" stereotype is annoyingly cliche, and the characters Mr. and Mrs. Snow are so ridiculously over-the-top and absurd that you'll find yourself wanting them to die and leave you in peace. Lexi Johnson, who plays Mandie, has very little or no acting talent and is completely unable to fit herself into the time period. Who knew that there were valley girls in the 1800's?! Don't waste your time. I'm warning you. DON'T waste your time.
Parent Written bybabysitrcares May 26, 2011

Wonderful for Children

This was a sweet tale children would enjoy. Young teens and adults may find the story a bit unrealistic.