All member reviews for Margot at the Wedding

Not yet rated
Teen, 16 years old Written byjohnwi312 December 27, 2009

Terrible. OK for older teens, but I don't recommend it for anybody.

I don't need all movies to be about happy, functional people - but Margot at the Wedding was just ridiculous. I felt like I was being infected by these aggressively awful, nasty people. The movie feels hugely pointless - it says nothing insightful, just mopes around and makes fun of its grossly self-centered characters. In the end, nothing has been learned, but plenty of time has been wasted.
Teen, 15 years old Written bybubbo April 9, 2008

Margot at the Wedding

Absolutely, completely loathed this movie. I generally enjoy dark dramadies about dysfunctional families (Little Miss Sunshine is one of my favorite movies), but this movie was completely unrealistic and torturous. Basically, the film is about a group of some of the most despicable, sad people you will ever see being cruel to each other in sneaky ways. That's it. There's absolutely not point to it, the characters don't change at all through the film, the whole thing is one long waste of time. It actually took effort to sit throught the entire thing.
Teen, 16 years old Written byphysigory June 16, 2009

Teen, 15 years old Written bylin2211 November 4, 2008

Great acting... that's pretty much it

It seemed like this movie was just a showcase for Nicole Kidman and Jack Black and I believe that they did an amazing job with mediocre script they were given. The plot was typical for a dyfunctional family movie; there were some points of brilliance and other times I thought the script could have been edited. I liked how the characters were complex and confusing but in the end it was impossible to connect to them because most of the characters in this movie had serious emotional problems. Of course, this is what makes the movie interesting at the same time, seeing how these people react to each other and different situations. I wouldn't recommend this movie to anyone under 14 because I think that it would bore them.