All member reviews for Marley & Me

Kid, 12 years old September 11, 2011

PG-13 Material

SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN RATED PG. The only bad thing is maybe half way into the movie, Jenny says, "why don't we stop trying-not to have a baby?" then John replies,"So this is the part where we go home, take it off, and get it on?" Later they are seen making out on a bed, which implies sexual encounter. Next, after Jenny's baby dies in her, they do it again and this time you only hear the bed creaking and see the covers shaking. It's soooo sad and that may hurt young children, too. but for the most part, Jenny and John are good role models.
Teen, 13 years old Written byamandaluvsyooh June 17, 2010

Great For Tweens!

Don't let the cover fool you. It looks as well as sounds like a very kid-friendly movie, but I honestly thought it should have been one of those PG-13's that just let the parent know that there is some suggestive stuff coming your way. I mean, if you're 12, there's nothing wrong with watching this movie, but for a, let's say...6 year old, they may ask questions...be prepared!
Kid, 12 years old April 8, 2010

There is quite a bit of mature content for a PG movie. It might go over some kids' heads, but there is enough for them to ask questions about it. Sad movie, but not as sad as others, like the Bucket List.
Kid, 10 years old March 27, 2010

Teetering for 10 -12.

I liked the movie but to much sexy stuff. A kid like me doesn't need to see that it sorta' creeped me out. >:P
Kid, 12 years old February 13, 2011

Teen and Adult movie. Not for kids, unless youre a brave preteen.

Nice job with the movie
Kid, 11 years old June 5, 2014

Impossible to not be fooled.. until you see the movie!

Great movie, but the MPAA and the cover designer are jerks for tricking kids into viewing it! Marley's death, Skinny-dipping, Sex scene, Uses of d**n and a*s, that's PG-13 content!
Teen, 13 years old Written byHotaru Chan March 16, 2011

Parents beware!

Just because a movie stars a dog as the main focus, it does NOT mean that its automaticly a kids film, the MPAA really messed up on that. There is too much sexual behavior and language for this to be appropriate; I think that if Marley wasn't in it, it would have no doubt been PG-13. But, if you get around that, its a pretty touching movie. Being an animal lover, I cried my eyes out at the end :(
Kid, 10 years old October 5, 2010

^ ^ ^ look at my age reccomendation ^ ^ ^ thats what i think

WHAT THE HECK COMMON SENSE?! THIS WASNT INAPPROPRIATE OR IMPLIYING ANYTHING,AND IT DOESNT NEED TO BE AGE 13+. THEY THINK I CANT HANDLE IT! WELL,I SAW THIS. THE WORST SEXUAL NESS WAS A *MARRIED* COUPLE KISS SCENE. AND IT WASNT THAT BAD. IT WAS IN THE BEGINNING. AND IN ANOTHER DIFFERENT SCENE,MARLEY CHASES A FOUL BALL ONTO THE BASEBALL FIELD,AND THEY HAVE TO GO CHASE HIM! LOL!
Kid, 11 years old August 24, 2010

This film is aimed more at teens

I watched this film with a couple of friends and was surprised by how mature some of the scenes were, even I didn't get it sometimes. There's a lot of sexual stuff in the film, too. I wouldn't recommend it for anyone under 10. This movie should have been rated at least 12.
Kid, 12 years old April 10, 2010

It was rated PG but I really think it should be rated PG-13. When I watched it I expected it to be cute as in a cute dog movie bt no DO NOT let kids under the age of 10 see it there is a sex scene.
Teen, 17 years old Written byjhawk February 5, 2010

Perfect(:

Marley & Me Marley & Me is a great movie because it shows what life is really like. It also shows how an animal is not only a pet but a friend and also apart of your family once you get them pets are like your children they have feelings and emotions just as we do. It also shows that some times the spoiled ones are the sweetest just like jam. Marley & Me also has good morals to it, and has real life problems in the movie. The first time I saw Marley & Me was when it came out in theaters my boyfriend and I went and watched it, and I absolutely feel in love with it. The movie is really good for any age groups, but I would say best for ages 10+ because they could really understand the movie and what the meaning of the movie is. I would defiantly give Marley & Me a five star rating.
Teen, 13 years old Written byJ-dog21 April 2, 2009

Favorite dog movie

good movie but probably shoulda been pg-13
Kid, 9 years old January 25, 2009

this is not what i was expecting.

This is so much for anyone younger then 15. There's not a message, there's stabbing, sex (that you watch!) and language. There's not a message, as I said, the stabbing is leading to a teenager's stomach, sex is used a lot, and language comes around every couple minutes. including CRA*, HE** DAM* and sayings like, "Did you have SE* with her yet?" not appropriate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kid, 11 years old January 11, 2009

Common!!! Shut Up!

This movie was one of the best movies I have ever seen! If you don't like it than don't go see it! This movie is sad and happy and for the whole family!! PG Is an awsome rating and PG-13 isn't for this movie!
Teen, 13 years old Written byBriettaPolly July 16, 2015

PG!? Why not PG-13!?

I saw this when I was, like, 8 and it was completely inappropriate for me to see! The only things I remember were the language and the sexual content, including a woman taking off her robe while the man goes 'hubba hubba', then she decides to go skinny-dipping in their backyard pool then he goes skinny-dipping too. COMPLETELY GROSS AND AWKWARD FOR ME! DO NOT LET UR CHILD SEE THIS! ****DONT BE FOOLED BY THE CRAPPY MPAA RATING!!!!****
Kid, 11 years old June 12, 2015

Great film

This is a great film.however, there is some swearing a scene where they put Marley down and a scene where a girl is stabbed you also see the couple making out and she is told her baby has died
Teen, 14 years old Written byCallie00 April 26, 2015

Wow...

I watched Marley and Me when I was, like, 7 or 8. Though, looking back, now I realize that I shouldn't have watched it. Sexual references and language is not appropriate for kids under 11. However, it is light and fun and Marley is an adorable little dog. I watched it all the time when I was little but now I'm kind of sick of it, lol. It makes me wonder why the heck I watched it...
Teen, 13 years old Written bySophie_x June 27, 2014

Marley & Me is amusing, but the end is pretty emotional:(

The whole story is hilarious, but the end part of the film and the way Jenny begins to become angry towards Marley in the middle of the film may upset some younger children. There's hardly any sort of bad language, apart from the word "Damn". There's also hardly any sex scenes to: apart from seeing a bed creak and move, and a few reference to sex and becoming pregnant:) It's a really good family film, I love it:D
Kid, 11 years old February 8, 2014

LEARNING

Should be PG13

They say cuss words and there is a skinny dipping scene. Marley dies, and there is a sex scene. Why is this even rated PG?
Teen, 15 years old Written bypowerson October 29, 2013

3 - Language

It was rated a PG but I think it should be a 12/PG-13. very underrated age-wise. An emotionally touching movie, with some swearing (the b-word etc) I think CSM were a bit low on the rating of the language and gave it 2, but I'd give it 3. Still a good film, though a bit mature and sexy