All member reviews for Marley & Me

Teen, 14 years old Written bySomebodysMe July 22, 2009

Don't waste your time

This movie is very dumb, and is very explicit. Sex is discussed, and almost shown! Dog lovers will adore this movie (just because it's about a dog). Oh, and by the way, the dog on the front is a completely different dog than in the movie! We didn't even finish it.
Kid, 10 years old July 22, 2009

an awesome movie

a really good movie. the only thing i would say is that there are some inappropriate scenes in ireland.., but alot of kids know what it is and if they're young they won't know. it is a good movie though really sad so if your kid likes happy endings this movie is probably not good for them.
Kid, 12 years old July 19, 2009

good

i thought this film was great, it had a seriously funny storyline. this film contains sad scenes and made my cry... still a good film
Teen, 15 years old Written byLord Voldemort July 8, 2009

A Pretty Average Memoir Adaption

Let me start off by saying that I haven't read the book. Well, that wasn't so hard, was it? Phew. Anyway, in short, I don't think that this story made the best possible transition to screen. There is just SO much information that I think the movie could have been 20 minutes longer, just to patch up the jumpiness of it. HOWEVER...Marley and Me is already a lengthy 120 minutes, and any more than that would be rather inappropriate for this movie genre. Like I said, the story was probably not the best-fit for the silver screen in the first place. That aside, Marley and Me tells a fun and enjoyable tale of an ever-playful Yellow Lab, his life, and his family. The two leads (Wilson and Aniston) deliver a believable performance, and their chemistry was decent. There were a few sexual innuendos, perhaps a FEW profanities, but anyone above the age of nine or ten should be good while watching this! This film could potentially be a tear-jerker for those who haven't experienced life with pets. I feel rather heartless in saying this, but I DIDN'T feel sad (rather, I felt the family's pain, having gone through this several times myself), as they had to make some tough decisions at the end of the film regarding their dog. I praise this movie for the promotion of family relationships and overcoming the odds.
Kid, 11 years old July 2, 2009

I cried!

Well, I liked it until... the scene where a girl gets stabbed next to a car. There was the baby crying and I worried that Mom and Dad won't spend time with me and when it will be over it will be 9:00 (bedtime)! It was a long movie. And there was a scene at the end where Marley dies. SIGH!
Kid, 11 years old June 30, 2009

NOT APPROPRIATE FOR KIDS!

Don't fall for those advertisements you see! They show a cute dog and a happy family. They act like this is a lovely comedy that will keep your whole family laughing. NOT! My dog recently died, so my mom decided to take me (11) and my brother (13) to the movie theater to cheer us up. Bad idea. It was EXACTLY like reliving the death of my dog again! The movie had very inappropriate content! Every moment was agonizing! I wanted to walk out of the theater and never have to look at the woman in the movie strip and jump naked into that pool again! I'm sure it would have been better if I was seeing this with my friends, not my mom or brother, but I still did not enjoy this. This movie was embarrassing to watch with my family. It must have been even worse for my mom! P.S. I just found this website today, so hopefully, that won't happen again! :(
Kid, 11 years old June 27, 2009

DO NOT WATCH

Kids that own the same type of dog that Marley is DO NOT WATCH It will make you sad :(
Kid, 10 years old June 25, 2009

good movie

This should be PG13!!!!! but i like the movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycheacky3 June 24, 2009

OK for the whole family.

But why is it rated PG instead of PG-13 if you put it as 13+.
Kid, 10 years old June 21, 2009

Teen, 14 years old Written byforgiveme2013 June 14, 2009

Better than I thought it would be.

I had to watch this movie in Algebra last week and at first, I thought it was going to suck, but then it turned out to be really good. It's much better than I thought it would. There are some sexual parts and some swearing (which caused my teacher to freak out hilariously) but it doesn't ruin the movie at all.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymkalv June 14, 2009

Very touching and mature dog film. Sad ending.

This may seem like a film about a dog, but it is actually about a couple who get a dog. There are some sensual scenes, and a VERY sad ending. If your kids are sensitive, skip this one. Trust me, this isn't one of those crude dog films.
Kid, 10 years old June 12, 2009

Makes you cry!

That made me cry! Beautiful storyline. Great Comedy.
Teen, 14 years old Written byeastside01 June 11, 2009

Marley & Me is better than expected

I was going into this movie thinking it would be crappy but i really liked it and the issues it dealed with also if you want to like the movie more look at the movie through the dogs eyes. see it
Kid, 12 years old June 11, 2009

should've been pg-13

its a great movie. if they cut out jenifer anniston and owen wilson having sex the movie wouldve been just the same and just as good.
Teen, 13 years old Written bylilcheer June 7, 2009

Every age from 1-100

I think its the best movie ever! The nude parts? the old irish inn doesnt even give anything away! i think a 6 year old would watch this and love it. It has puppies.....not the godfather. my gosh people over-reacted. everybody needs to see this!1 :)
Kid, 12 years old May 26, 2009

This movie says that on the TV spots that it is a great family fim, i know why it says that because it's about rasing a family. so that's why it's a family film. i saw it and i wanted to see it with my dad but he wanted to see it by himself. i liked it but at the end i was crying my eyes because i love labradors.
Kid, 12 years old May 26, 2009

it was the saddest movie i have ever seen, and it would not be a good idea to go see it with young children!
Teen, 13 years old Written byshanno15 May 24, 2009

MY review

This movie was cute, but dont judge it by the trailer, this movie is a cute and cuddly dog movie but its also emotional, sexual, and depressing. Jenny, and John are shown rolling in a bed, and are heard. A miscarriage brings Jenny to tears, the pregnancys are not shown when Jennys giving birth, and a few fights amongst John and Jenny are shown, Marley humps the dog trainers leg. The language is okay but colorful. John and his friend Sebastian drink beer, and at parys wine.
Kid, 12 years old May 24, 2009

This movie is FINE!!

Just because there were some bad words and role models doesn't make it bad. Kids nowa days know too much about this stuff that they won't do it just cuz it's in a movie. The only bad part is the sadness.