All member reviews for Marley & Me

Teen, 14 years old Written byapple boy August 7, 2009

good for kids

the sexual humur is mild, this is a movie that kids should enjoy. its only PG for a reson
Teen, 15 years old Written byJoey123 July 30, 2009

Okay, so I thought that this movie would be fine to watch. Well, I was WRONG! There are at least three sex scenes, some innuendo, and a fair amount of language for a PG. I would never let my siblings watch this.
Teen, 13 years old Written byluv2sing0723 July 28, 2009

A Little 'Iffy' for 9 and Under But Overall GREAT MOVIE!!!

My 9 year old sister saw it, I don't think it was THAT bad. I was a bit surprised it was PG because I've seen PG-13 movies that were even milder than this!! But overall it was a great movie pretty much just about life. :)))
Kid, 12 years old July 19, 2009

good

i thought this film was great, it had a seriously funny storyline. this film contains sad scenes and made my cry... still a good film
Teen, 15 years old Written byLord Voldemort July 8, 2009

A Pretty Average Memoir Adaption

Let me start off by saying that I haven't read the book. Well, that wasn't so hard, was it? Phew. Anyway, in short, I don't think that this story made the best possible transition to screen. There is just SO much information that I think the movie could have been 20 minutes longer, just to patch up the jumpiness of it. HOWEVER...Marley and Me is already a lengthy 120 minutes, and any more than that would be rather inappropriate for this movie genre. Like I said, the story was probably not the best-fit for the silver screen in the first place. That aside, Marley and Me tells a fun and enjoyable tale of an ever-playful Yellow Lab, his life, and his family. The two leads (Wilson and Aniston) deliver a believable performance, and their chemistry was decent. There were a few sexual innuendos, perhaps a FEW profanities, but anyone above the age of nine or ten should be good while watching this! This film could potentially be a tear-jerker for those who haven't experienced life with pets. I feel rather heartless in saying this, but I DIDN'T feel sad (rather, I felt the family's pain, having gone through this several times myself), as they had to make some tough decisions at the end of the film regarding their dog. I praise this movie for the promotion of family relationships and overcoming the odds.
Kid, 11 years old July 2, 2009

I cried!

Well, I liked it until... the scene where a girl gets stabbed next to a car. There was the baby crying and I worried that Mom and Dad won't spend time with me and when it will be over it will be 9:00 (bedtime)! It was a long movie. And there was a scene at the end where Marley dies. SIGH!
Kid, 11 years old June 27, 2009

DO NOT WATCH

Kids that own the same type of dog that Marley is DO NOT WATCH It will make you sad :(
Kid, 10 years old June 21, 2009

Teen, 14 years old Written byforgiveme2013 June 14, 2009

Better than I thought it would be.

I had to watch this movie in Algebra last week and at first, I thought it was going to suck, but then it turned out to be really good. It's much better than I thought it would. There are some sexual parts and some swearing (which caused my teacher to freak out hilariously) but it doesn't ruin the movie at all.
Kid, 12 years old May 26, 2009

it was the saddest movie i have ever seen, and it would not be a good idea to go see it with young children!
Kid, 12 years old May 24, 2009

This movie is FINE!!

Just because there were some bad words and role models doesn't make it bad. Kids nowa days know too much about this stuff that they won't do it just cuz it's in a movie. The only bad part is the sadness.
Teen, 16 years old Written bycamaro May 23, 2009

i know it says PG but this not a movie for kids under 11 because it crosses the PG-13 level.
Teen, 13 years old Written bykmcdancer1958 May 7, 2009

some content i would not want to watch with my mother in the room!
Kid, 11 years old May 6, 2009

WOW. This movie totally surprise me!

I saw previews on tv about the movie and I thought it would be a appoprite movie for my sister and I. So... I rented it and there where a lot of liffy stuff (like sexual talk and seens)I wouldn't let somebody younger than age 11 watch it!! WOW. It surprise me that they would make this movie PG (when i rented it it said PG-13 other than previews on tv that they said it was PG)
Kid, 11 years old April 15, 2009

marley and me horible move for kids

This movie is not a good movie for kids. It has a lot of sex in it and the dog has to get in the way of their time. the movie purposely hows Marley in her dress! There is a lot of talking about girls in the movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byreviewgirl13 April 14, 2009

Don't DARE see this!

THE WORST MOVIE EVER!!!! Don't even DARE to see this movie, even if you're an adult. It's barely about the dog. People see billboards and advertisements that show a cute little puppy with a red ribbon on him. Awww! So cute! But, in reality, this movie is not what advertisements show. Please, don't see this. Even adults will be uncomfortable with this movie. Kids will want to leave within the first hour of the movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTuvalu92 April 11, 2009

Teen, 13 years old Written byJ-dog21 April 2, 2009

Favorite dog movie

good movie but probably shoulda been pg-13
Kid, 11 years old March 12, 2009

Kid, 9 years old January 25, 2009

this is not what i was expecting.

This is so much for anyone younger then 15. There's not a message, there's stabbing, sex (that you watch!) and language. There's not a message, as I said, the stabbing is leading to a teenager's stomach, sex is used a lot, and language comes around every couple minutes. including CRA*, HE** DAM* and sayings like, "Did you have SE* with her yet?" not appropriate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!