All member reviews for Marley & Me

Kid, 11 years old May 6, 2009

WOW. This movie totally surprise me!

I saw previews on tv about the movie and I thought it would be a appoprite movie for my sister and I. So... I rented it and there where a lot of liffy stuff (like sexual talk and seens)I wouldn't let somebody younger than age 11 watch it!! WOW. It surprise me that they would make this movie PG (when i rented it it said PG-13 other than previews on tv that they said it was PG)
Teen, 13 years old Written byThinker96 April 29, 2009

QUIT HAVING A PANIC ATTACK!

To all these parents are FREAKING out about the sexual content, I have a question. Would you rather have your kids watching a movie with slightly less sexual content between people who weren't married, or this with people who were married? The movie displays good morals. They're married! They can have all the sex they want. Obviously it's not a little kids movie. Parent's shouldn't go see a movie with their 8 and 6-year-old just because it has a puppy in the trailer. They should ALWAYS do research.
Teen, 15 years old Written byKathyhermy123 April 26, 2009

Amazing, cute, movie that has you laughing so hard you cry and crying so hard you, well, cry. A must see for animal lovers, too much violence for under-12s, too much sex for under-13s (although it'll go over the head of under-8s)
Kid, 11 years old April 15, 2009

marley and me horible move for kids

This movie is not a good movie for kids. It has a lot of sex in it and the dog has to get in the way of their time. the movie purposely hows Marley in her dress! There is a lot of talking about girls in the movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byreviewgirl13 April 14, 2009

Don't DARE see this!

THE WORST MOVIE EVER!!!! Don't even DARE to see this movie, even if you're an adult. It's barely about the dog. People see billboards and advertisements that show a cute little puppy with a red ribbon on him. Awww! So cute! But, in reality, this movie is not what advertisements show. Please, don't see this. Even adults will be uncomfortable with this movie. Kids will want to leave within the first hour of the movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTuvalu92 April 11, 2009

Teen, 16 years old Written bywolfluv203 April 6, 2009

Good movie, not for young kids

Um what the heck. What are people thinking rating it PG. With the cute little puppy on the front, everybody will want to get it for their little kids! "Fun for the Whole family" yeah right! For ages 12ish and up
Teen, 16 years old Written byamccheer14 April 5, 2009

=) wow.

Ok, this has to be the best movie that I have seen in awhile! I saw it by myself, in my room, at 1 am. I'm glad I didn't see it with my friends at the theaters, like I was originally going to do when it first came out. This is because at the end, this movie had my mascara running! I was crying like a baby!! Two thumbs up (I would give it more if I had any more thumbs). And for all those comments about the sexual content: It is only suggestive material. Ok honestly, pretty much every single movie nowadays has that and MORE in there plot. Any good movies are given bad reviews just because of a few SUGGESTIVE scenes. anyways, it was a fantastic movie, loved it, will continue loving it, and will continue cherishing this wonderful movie. "Marley and Me" is simply amazing.
Teen, 14 years old Written byfroggurl03 April 4, 2009

Let me wipe my tears from my keyboard!

This movie has it all, romance, joy, sadness, and an adorable dog. That being said it's ok for mature 10 year olds and up. Honestly, like with all movies, know your kids. If your child is very sensitive, especially towards animals, this might not be the best movie. But I can guarantee your kids won't be the only ones crying. Unless you have no emotion towards animals, you will cry. Overall it's a good movie. Ok acting, good on Jennifer Anistons part. Ok plot, but a goood movie.
Kid, 9 years old April 3, 2009

Email at policecow518@aim.com for comments not complaints I don't need that crud in my mail!

Really good I mean I thought but everybodies saying it's bad like it should be rated R. Come on it's not that bad just a couple of bad scenes of sexual content. And you parents out there there is not that much blood or violance I only recall the stabbing part I mean come on your talking like there is about 5000000000000 scenes like that. But anyway it was pretty good if You like my reveiws please comment at policecow518@aim.com
Kid, 12 years old April 2, 2009

Really Good But If You Are A Animal LOver Be Aware

I thought the movie was really good!! The only thing bad about it is at the end where it ends like most dog stories end.I think it has a good message because they make sacrifices to presue their dreams. Over all I liked it a lot!!!
Teen, 17 years old Written byTrinity3 March 21, 2009

Super movie

This movie is soo cute funny and just plain great. There is little profanity and "other stuff" but some is implied. A great family movie if the members of the family are 13 and over.
Kid, 11 years old March 16, 2009

I liked it but wouldn't recomend for younger children

It is super super innapropriate unless you take fle. i mean sex nudity loss to mature and a lot of language wait for kid to become a teen or at least tween
Kid, 11 years old March 12, 2009

Teen, 13 years old Written bymb4 February 6, 2009

good movie, some good humor, NOT A GREAT KIDS MOVE!

When i saw Marley and Me i was entertained by a man life and his mischievious pup Marley. But besides that there are some innapropriate things in there. And a little brief strong language.
Kid, 9 years old January 25, 2009

this is not what i was expecting.

This is so much for anyone younger then 15. There's not a message, there's stabbing, sex (that you watch!) and language. There's not a message, as I said, the stabbing is leading to a teenager's stomach, sex is used a lot, and language comes around every couple minutes. including CRA*, HE** DAM* and sayings like, "Did you have SE* with her yet?" not appropriate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kid, 11 years old January 25, 2009

Sucks

Way too much sex.
Teen, 13 years old Written byspidermonkey January 23, 2009

It was so good...Shouldn't be rated PG though...

I think parents of younger children should be warned that this is most definitley not a kids film. Alot of sexual references are involved in this film, such as kissing, and you know what I was disapointed to see that it focused too much on the owners rather than naughty pooch Marley. Saying that though, I really enjoyed the film although think that the sexual references and sad themes at the end might be a little much for kids under 10 to handle. It certaintly made my friend and I cry.
Kid, 11 years old January 23, 2009

Best Family Movie!

This was the best family movie! I saw it about the day after it came out and it was so great! Except at the end when the dog, Marley, dies. It was sooooo sad. I admit, I did cry! But still, every dog lover should watch it!
Kid, 12 years old January 21, 2009

Never Ever Let someone under 14

Do not let anyone under 14 see this movie. It shows the two main characters having sex!!!!! It also shows other things such as skinny dipping and x-raying a woman's stomach. I thought it would be a good movie about a bad dog. It only slightly mentioned the dog and only showed the two main characters' lives and their having children. Totally inappropriate. Absolutely!!!