All member reviews for Mary Poppins

Kid, 8 years old December 5, 2010

Teen, 15 years old Written byDominicboo1 April 22, 2011

Supercalifragilisticexpialidoucious!

There is nothing inappropriate in this movie what so ever. One really brief alley scene where a scary looking old woman says "Come with me my dears Granny will hide you." to Jane and Michael may startle little ones, but this is very unlikely. A fantatastic Julie Andrews musical!

Umm...

Some people may like this movie, but frankly I think Mary Poppins is just boring. The only fun I get out of it is when my family plays the "say supercalafragalisticexpealadocious six times fast" game. Every scene is filled with lame songs, the plot is boring, and the characters are unrealistic.
Teen, 14 years old Written byilovecookiez April 6, 2011

I knew this was gonna get 5 stars xD

I would watch this all the time when I was little. Me, my Mother, and my Grandma would sing her song about a really long word they made up that I forget. It's for all ages. There is nothing innapropiate in this classic film. :D
Teen, 14 years old Written byMarioMii October 11, 2010

This movie is fun, and not important

I really liked this movie a lot. Some oldies TV shows and movies really feel like the puppet show I really miss because I really want to see a lot of shows or movies pretty similar to that puppet show by watching this movie. When I wanted to watch this movie again right after I saw the whole thing, my friend said "Already?" and also when I wanted to record myself do Step in Time dancing, my friend said "You don't need to do that," and this made me feel pretty iffy when my friend didn't let me do stuff like that. This movie is really fun, and not important.
Teen, 15 years old Written bysarahcronin92203 January 13, 2015

GREAT FAMILY MOVIE

this is an amazing movie!! Julie Andrews and dick van dike are truely perfect in Mary Poppins. i have no complaints about this movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byHightech Redneck September 4, 2014

It's a good movie.

NOTE: I HAVE NOT READ THE BOOK! This movie is a Disney classic. Good acting. Fun music. I like the part with the animated penguins with a real person. There is nothing bad for kids in it that I remember. Overall, it's a good kids movie.
Kid, 10 years old August 25, 2014

Worst Movie Ever!

This movie is dumb, loud, childish, weird, hateful, annoying, stupid, not very funny, un-fun, un-enjoyable, un-adorable, and is the worst family classical musical of all time even 1964. If Common Sense could make a zero-star option, I'd definitely pick that one. My friends also hate this movie. It also does NOT deserve a 100% on Rotten Tomatoes.
Kid, 12 years old April 30, 2014

A wonderful supercalifragalisticexpialadoechus movie that will charm the whole family!

If you are looking for a light-hearted family classic to watch, this is the best one. It is arguably Disney's finest live-action/ animation movie, and it is wonderful in all ways. Mary Poppins is the perfect role model for children, and the singing penguins, dancing chimney-sweeps, glorious animation and more will enthral you to the end. Be careful, though, because it isn't all light-hearted, there are two scenes which stand out as very dark, which is the feed the birds song and the bank, and coming close is the introduction to the banks house. If your kids can handle it, which they probably will, then it's perfect.
Kid, 12 years old April 28, 2014

Everyone sould watch this

I love this movie ever since I saw it when I was 5 it is an amazing and fun movie for everyone. Also check out saving Mr. Banks it is also an amazing movie.
Kid, 11 years old August 7, 2013

Great movie.

Mary Poppins is a great classic Disney movie that is an example of how good nannies and babysitters can actually be (as opposed to Jessie's terrible depiction).
Teen, 17 years old Written byabbacus June 11, 2012

Good family movie!

Fun movie with nice music.
Kid, 10 years old August 1, 2011

Recipe For Happiness

Add a teaspoon of no violence, a half cup of no romantic stuff, a tablespoon of no language, and a bottle of Scary-No-More, and you get a great, happy, kids movie!!!
Kid, 11 years old June 30, 2011

i love it <3 <3
Teen, 15 years old Written byarthur16morgana January 14, 2011

good for all ages

love this movie. i like the music.
Kid, 11 years old September 5, 2010

Very good movie! I have this on DVD and I still watch it. It is so creative, fun to watch, and very good music
Teen, 16 years old Written byemmy12345 March 28, 2010

Kid, 11 years old January 27, 2010

Best movie I've ever seen!

I love it!!!!!!! It is one of the best movies I have ever seen along with the other Julie Andrews films. It's filled with a lot of magic and fun. It's great for anybody! She's a wonderful actress and made this movie and great one of a kind.
Kid, 9 years old September 28, 2009

Hi, I'm ten years old and I think this is a wonderful classic film to be watched over and over! But I if your child gets scared easily there is one part {Only a few seconds} that shows a witch and a fierce dog but besides that you will love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kid, 10 years old August 3, 2009

Good for people who like fun movies

This movie is great and I watch it LOTS!!!!!!!!!!